PDA

View Full Version : No fun ways to kill Corrupt Officials?

Ratherrin
12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Okay, so I'm on my third or fourth play-through of AC2 now (probably more like seven, but who's counting?). Starting to get really comfortable with the nuances of the game. Anyway, I took some time to really observe this part of the game to make sure I wasn't just bonkers or a horrible player.

Why is that you can't use any of the special assassination techniques on the corrupt officials? I am, of course, referring to the air drop assassination (from a rooftop or a ledge-hanging position) and the surprise roll in the hay assassination (Not the over-the-ledge assassination as the officials tend not to hang out on rooftops.). I've checked this out over and over again from different heights and positions to no avail. I even got giddy when I saw an official walking past a pile of hay and I dove straight in and waited for him to walk by. It was going to be like a beautiful timpani blam at the end of a Beethoven symphony! But instead all I got was a sad, farting noise out of a lonely trombone as he walked by and I was mashing the X button only to realize that this move was not available!

So what gives? Why can't I bound off a rooftop to dispense some hidden blade justice on the corrupt officials? I suppose an instant jump to a 75% notoriety reduction would be a little easy, but it would be more fun than having to jump down to street level to walk up to the jerk and poke him in the side. =P

Sorry for a whole thread devoted to nitpick, but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this and shared my feelings.

Discuss.

thekyle0
12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Don't worry about picking nits. There have been worse threads for that. But the nit-picking is best contained to the official feedback thread.

I'm pretty sure you can do the hay-stack assassination on the officials. He may just not have been close enough when you tried it. Try holding high profile while you're locked onto him. Otherwise, a work around would just to hop out of the haystack and stab him then. The air assassination I know for a fact you can't use on them. I agree with you that this is totally bogus. But this also has a work around. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Stand at the ledge while locked onto the official, hold high profile and press B. You do an air-tackle that will pin them on the ground. It works the same way as the air-assassinate only without the lethality. Then while they're on the ground you can just finish them off. You can even do it with your dagger or sword. Just pull it out before you do the tackle and Ezio will hold it in his hand while dropping through the air. It's pretty cool!