PDA

View Full Version : please help

bigdaddydesi
08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
how do you play a downloaded campiagn, i download some campiagns from some websites and i don't know how to play them.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi

First, I need to know what version of the simulation you play

bigdaddydesi
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
OK, excellent

Find your install folder

The default location is the C: drive. Look under "Program Files", and then under "Ubisoft". That's just one word, not two

The sim is in the folder named "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946". Open it

You need to concern yourself with the "Missions" folder. Open it, then open "Campaign"

Now you'll see a bunch of folders with two letter codes. Each of these represents a campaign branch (I can't remember them all, but here's a short introduction):

"GB" is the RAF folder
"DE" is Germany
"US" is US Army
"UM" is USMC
"UN" is US Navy
"IN" is Japanese Navy
"JA" is Japanese Army
"FR" is France
"RU" is the Soviet Air Force

Now you need to answer another question:

What campaign would you like to fly, and what country or Service does it make a campaign for?

bigdaddydesi
08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
it'a German campiagn, flying the me262

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2007, 05:10 PM
OK

Open the "DE" folder up

Now, you need the folder you downloaded that contains the campaign. Extract the .zip or .rar to a new folder on your desktop, and take a look at what you've got.

I won't know what it will be called, but it's easy to spot- it will have a series of files in it ending in ".mis" and ".properties"

That folder holds the actual campaign. Copy it, and paste it in your "DE" folder

Now, skins are another matter...that's more complex, if any where included...same goes for medals and awards if included, but let's get your campaign working first

After the campaign folder is in your "DE" folder, close everything and start the sim

Go to Pilot Careers as usual, and select the German campaign branch. Your campaign should now be available

Was a readme included in the campaign download? If possible, can you post it?

DKoor
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
OK, excellent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lol but yes whatever Chuck ehm... Cid said. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

bigdaddydesi
08-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Notes on WeiBe Schwalbe & The Galland Circus

A joint campaign by HotSpace & Bird_brain

This is a 35 mission offline single player campaign for IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles flying for the German Luftwaffe as a pilot in the Me262 twin turbojet fighter. It was created in the merged FB/ACE/PF version 4.02m and I seriously doubt that it will work in any previous version.

The fact that you are reading this file should indicate that you already have the correct files installed to run the campaign. Start a new campaign for Germany and look for "WeiBe Schwalbe" in the drop down list. You may start at any rank, but we would suggest beginning somewhere around Hauptmann. You will be in a target rich environment, so you are sure to earn a few promotions if you can survive long enough.

The missions are based on historical events, but the records of actions during some of this time are very limited as many of them were destroyed in the face of advancing Allied Forces who were moving across Germany from both directions. Reference sources include, but are not limited to;
"German Jet Aces of WWII" by Hugh Morgan & John Weil,
"The First and the Last" by Adolf Galland, and
"The Luftwaffe War Diaries" by Cajus Bekker

We have included new German Luftwaffe medals by Bird_brain that will be presented in a non-standard order. Your original awards have been placed in a file called "Award_bkup" under the DE country folder. If you had custom medals and you backed them up before installing, they should not have been affected, but you will need to reinstall them later. If you want to restore your original files, simply move the files in the Award_bkup folder back under DE and overwrite the newer ones there.

Me262 skins for this campaign were created by Bird_brain. They are also available for Download with others @ http://jyarbrough.homestead.com/Photo_Gallery.html

The B25J metal skin was done on Jester's Ink's excellent template.
The "Papagei Staffel" 109D9 skin is from Canon_UK.
The blue camo 56th Fighter Group skin for the P-47 was done just for this campaign by 9th_Simplex.
Additional skins are by Kristorf, VP_Media, Bo_Nidle & csThor.
We greatly appreciate the efforts of all these artists.

The first section of the campaign with JG7 (22 missions) is by HotSpace and your time serving with the "Galland Circus" is by Bird_brain. We shared information and made the two parts seperately, but text editing and continuity was handled by Bird_brain. We think they make sense together.

Any questions or comments can be posted on the Mission Builders' Forum at www.Pacific-Fighters.com (http://www.Pacific-Fighters.com) directed to Bird_brain or HotSpace. We welcome any feedback.... good, bad or any issues you may have.

Good Luck....You're gonna need it!

courtesy of;
Jay Yarbrough... aka bird_brain
& David Baxter... aka HotSpace

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Ah

OK, this should be a self installer!

No worries here, then

There should be a setup file, or some type of ".exe" file, or an application file of some sort

All you need to do is click it, and the rest will take care of itself. Just double click the self installer file, and follow the on-screen prompts

bigdaddydesi
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks