PDA

View Full Version : Help - anyone have 109E vs AI I16 Tracks for me...

jasonbirder
04-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help - i'm really struggling to get to grips with this match up - 109E vs Veteran AI I16's this is a common practice match up for me and mastering those pesky Rata's is essential before I start a Dead is Dead Fall blau campaign...
If anyone has any tips on how to beat them or even better a track or two of someone dogfighting them for me to view and analyse I'd really appreciate it!
I used to be able to beat them pretty comfortably...but having spent a bit of time playing LOMAC/FC and returning either i've got worse or they've got better lol!

JG52Karaya-X
04-10-2006, 03:49 AM
First of all: Which 109E vs which I16?

I take it you mean the E4 vs Type18 (which is the most realistic matchup). My advice would be to stay fast and use the vertical to get into a good position. Use spiral climbs to get above your enemy (altitude advantage is vital in this engagement) and then dive down on him again. If you are put into the defensive don't forget that the I16 has a carburator engine. Dive away using negative G and get out of his sight - then get to alt again, come back and ruin his day!

Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a track

Grue_
04-10-2006, 08:49 AM
I stay high and fast and make diving passes. As long as you keep speed and distance you're perfectly safe.

You need to be quick as your whole staffel will get slaughtered by a gaggle of Veteran i16's in a turn fight and it's not possible to call them away once engaged.

This sim is hopeless in certain offline situations.

jasonbirder
04-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone...thats tonight sorted then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Watch and re-watch these...then practice myself lol!
Just don't tell She Who Must Be Obeyed...as far as she's concerned i'm working on a presentation for the office lol!

os5vd4si2fsijd1
04-10-2006, 01:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif