PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dogging U2VS's

ANGELOFMONS1
10-06-2006, 10:30 PM
(Also posted in Community Help)

I'm currently working on a Winter War campaign (which I hope to have ready by November 30th) and noticed something and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When planning missions for two or more flights of U2VS's, inevitably, two of the aicraft in the first flight decide to take it upon themselves to go hedge hopping soon after takeoff. I've checked everything, altitude settings, aircraft proximity, waypoint spacing etc that might affect this and nothing. Anyone else experience something similar?

ANGELOFMONS1
10-06-2006, 10:30 PM
(Also posted in Community Help)

I'm currently working on a Winter War campaign (which I hope to have ready by November 30th) and noticed something and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When planning missions for two or more flights of U2VS's, inevitably, two of the aicraft in the first flight decide to take it upon themselves to go hedge hopping soon after takeoff. I've checked everything, altitude settings, aircraft proximity, waypoint spacing etc that might affect this and nothing. Anyone else experience something similar?

p-11.cAce
10-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Have not seen that behavior -though I only use U2's in UQMG as treats for my Emil to devour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm not sure how UQMG sets up the flights in comparison to the FMB - I usually have 12 or so of them flying and they just dawdle along and go down in flaming wreakage like good little sitting ducks should.

ANGELOFMONS1
10-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Yup...They're only doing it in FMB.

FlatSpinMan
10-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I've had similar things happen with other aircraft when I set them at low altitude, say 50-150m, particularly if the terrain isn't level.Especially the last one or two planes in the flight are affected as they tend to fly slightly lower than the flight leader.