PDA

View Full Version : The New Game... view discussion.

BarrettBlaker
12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
this is my honest rant (if you are in trolling mood turn back now).

I can honestly say that if Assassins Creed 3 takes place outside of the eurasian area i will not buy it. what i have seen high many people's reactions is that the reason that Revelations wasn't the absolute best game to ever hit shelves is the fact that it was distant. the only recognizable character you ever lay eyes upon is Ezio. this IMO led to a totally foreign aspect that same without introduction. you felt more alienated from the areas and people, because the well established histories of Rome and Faerenzi, ( terrible spelling ) were totally ignored. this i believe will happen even more if AC3 is set in the americas, china , or india. it just won't be "assassins creed" to me. i would rather stay with the story i know than a new game with the AC title slapped on it. so i would like to stay in the same relative time period/ locations with diverse culture, history and keep the familiar aspects such as templars, and an assassins guild/creed not a lone wolf fighting the british or some obscure chinese clan. post your opinions and views! feel free to clash with my viewpoints, but don't troll

kriegerdesgottes
12-28-2011, 08:43 PM
The original AC did not take place in Europe at all. I don't want ACIII in eastern Asia either but AC could take place anywhere and still be AC. Actually only two of the 4 games took place in Europe.

hewkii9
12-28-2011, 08:49 PM
He said "Eurasian." Beyond the last minute of Revelations, all four games have been set in Eurasia.

BarrettBlaker
12-28-2011, 08:50 PM
and with that you are right, and i think, with the original game, it is ok, t was providing an intro and backstory, but now that the back story is given, i think there needs to be expansion. and as as i said, ACR felt distant due to the separation from the past two games, and if AC3 is even more distant by both place and time, it will ruin the game for me, there needs to be a clear timeline and established setting

kriegerdesgottes
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by hewkii9:
He said "Eurasian." Beyond the last minute of Revelations, all four games have been set in Eurasia.

You're right good call. I don't want it in the Americas either but I think Ubisoft might be able to make it work.

Assassin_M
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
not America ?
not Asia ?
not the middle east ?
not Europe ?
How about Mars ?

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
not America ?
not Asia ?
not the middle east ?
not Europe ?
How about Mars ?

Nah I'm cool with the Eurasian settings for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Maybe after Desmond we can consider moving on to Eastern Asian areas and honestly Desmond IS American so at some point his ancestors are going to have to make it there and let's face it, all the signs are pointing in that direction.

The map at the end of ACR shows NY

The coordinates from the Davinci disappearance points to NY

The ending of Brotherhood kind of implies American Revolution as a possibility.

Alex Amancio said we would know at the end of ACR where the series is headed so I am pretty sure that's what it'll be even though I'd way prefer French Revolution.

ProdiGurl
12-29-2011, 02:52 AM
I will never say I refuse to buy a future AC because of where it's located. I'd loathe anything in Asia, but I'd still buy the game and most likely love it due to the way they create the locations and make them so interesting.

I think I'd be more worried about the soundtrack.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Antarctica it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

reini03
12-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Antarctica it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Yay! Can't wait for the free-running there!

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 04:55 AM
The location is only a small part of AC for me, if they can still make a great story as they have with the others and the new city provides gameplay that is expected from any AC game I am happy.

AC does not need to be in Eurasia in order to be a good game.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Yay! Can't wait for the free-running there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm gonna climb every building there.

done. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
The location is only a small part of AC for me, if they can still make a great story as they have with the others and the new city provides gameplay that is expected from any AC game I am happy.

I agree it doesn't need to be in Eurasia or anywhere in particular to be good but I personally just prefer Eurasian locations.

De Filosoof
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
not America ?
not Asia ?
not the middle east ?
not Europe ?
How about Mars ?

Nah I'm cool with the Eurasian settings for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Maybe after Desmond we can consider moving on to Eastern Asian areas and honestly Desmond IS American so at some point his ancestors are going to have to make it there and let's face it, all the signs are pointing in that direction.

The map at the end of ACR shows NY

The coordinates from the Davinci disappearance points to NY

The ending of Brotherhood kind of implies American Revolution as a possibility.

Alex Amancio said we would know at the end of ACR where the series is headed so I am pretty sure that's what it'll be even though I'd way prefer French Revolution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's gonna be modern day America and visiting the French revolution with your ancestor.

mattahleen
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Desmond of course will go all over the world. Now the ancestor will probably be in a couple small towns in France. Perhaps his third game will be in the colonies to invent the shock blade with ben frank.

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I agree it doesn't need to be in Eurasia or anywhere in particular to be good but I personally just prefer Eurasian locations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I see what you're saying, some of the locations looks are really memorable. Damascus is one of the best looking cities in AC in my opinion and even the view of the city when you are riding in from The Kingdom is just great.

D.I.D.
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Strange thread. Eurasia = Europe + Asia, and therefore includes India and China.

As for the rest, I don't understand what you mean. Turkey is 'foreign' from where, 'distant' from where? I do hope you're not objecting to the idea of a non-white Assassin in the future.

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Strange thread. Eurasia = Europe + Asia, and therefore includes India and China.

As for the rest, I don't understand what you mean. Turkey is 'foreign' from where, 'distant' from where? I do hope you're not objecting to the idea of a non-white Assassin in the future. This is talking about the location, not the colour of the assassin.

NewBlade200
12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
There could always be an AC in Ireland. There was even a group taught how to fight, sneak and flee. Their name escapes me but I remember the best of them could fight 10-1 in a pit armed only with a spear, and sprint through a forest without snapping a twig etc...

It could be set when the English had established complete control over the country or when the vikings attacked (though there wouldn't be much buildings to climb).

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
There could always be an AC in Ireland. There was even a group taught how to fight, sneak and flee. Their name escapes me but I remember the best of them could fight 10-1 in a pit armed only with a spear, and sprint through a forest without snapping a twig etc...

It could be set when the English had established complete control over the country or when the vikings attacked (though there wouldn't be much buildings to climb).

That I would love for the sole reason that I am Irish and would love Ireland to be in a game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Even something that involved the Flight of the Earls. But yeah there would be very little in terms of free-running.

NewBlade200
12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
It could be used a little bit later when proper cities were being built with that clan/group/whatever as the Assassin's Irish names. When my teacher told me about their leader it reminded me of Al Mualim.

He was trying to win a lady's favor (literal/figurative?) but couldn't. He turned to money and gold (PoE?) to woo her but after a short while she denied his love and went to marry a lord. He then went completely insane (affects of the PoE?) and I forget what happens next, but it sounds like a textbook story that could be manipulated into something else.

D.I.D.
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

As for the rest, I don't understand what you mean. Turkey is 'foreign' from where, 'distant' from where? I do hope you're not objecting to the idea of a non-white Assassin in the future. This is talking about the location, not the colour of the assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I say, I hope so. The whole post is pretty confusing - not sure why he/she says these things. "You feel totally alienated": do I? If the OP wants AC to remain in a North European setting in the 15th/16th century, I do have to question why that is.

FrankieSatt
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
The main story in Assassin's Creed isn't the ancenstors. It isn't Altair, it isn't Ezio, it isn't any future ancestor that Desmond might have.

The underlying story, and the main story of the series, IS Desmond. You might not like that, and that is fine. However, there has to be a game that is purely Desmond only, or mostly Desmond, to finish off the series.

I'm hoping that AC3 is purely Desmond and this finishes off the series. If the series is dragged out too long than it will get worse before getting better.

If they bring up any more ancestors they will have to drag out the game way too much and before long people will lose interest.

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
The main story in Assassin's Creed isn't the ancenstors. It isn't Altair, it isn't Ezio, it isn't any future ancestor that Desmond might have.

The underlying story, and the main story of the series, IS Desmond. You might not like that, and that is fine. However, there has to be a game that is purely Desmond only, or mostly Desmond, to finish off the series.

I'm hoping that AC3 is purely Desmond and this finishes off the series. If the series is dragged out too long than it will get worse before getting better.

If they bring up any more ancestors they will have to drag out the game way too much and before long people will lose interest.

Look this is simply not true. I really don't want to come off as rude here but the point of E3 and Gamescom is to try and sell the game to the masses. How many of these trailers have shown off Desmond? zero. The reason for this is that Desmond is just a plot device in order to get to the good parts of AC which is free-running and social stealth in historically recreated cities and interacting with historical figures. That is one of the main things that pulled me into the franchise and the only thing that keeps pulling me in. An AC game without the historical parts is not AC and I would never buy a game like that. I'd just go buy GTA or Splintercell or Hitman.

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

Look this is simply not true. I really don't want to come off as rude here but the point of E3 and Gamescom is to try and sell the game to the masses. How many of these trailers have shown off Desmond? zero. The reason for this is that Desmond is just a plot device in order to get to the good parts of AC which is free-running and social stealth in historically recreated cities and interacting with historical figures. That is one of the main things that pulled me into the franchise and the only thing that keeps pulling me in. An AC game without the historical parts is not AC and I would never buy a game like that. I'd just go buy GTA or Splintercell or Hitman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chances are Desmond will be advertised more this time round.

FrankieSatt
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

Look this is simply not true. I really don't want to come off as rude here but the point of E3 and Gamescom is to try and sell the game to the masses. How many of these trailers have shown off Desmond? zero. The reason for this is that Desmond is just a plot device in order to get to the good parts of AC which is free-running and social stealth in historically recreated cities and interacting with historical figures. That is one of the main things that pulled me into the franchise and the only thing that keeps pulling me in. An AC game without the historical parts is not AC and I would never buy a game like that. I'd just go buy GTA or Splintercell or Hitman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than why even create the Desmond story line? I'm not saying that the historical parts aren't important to AC, they are. However, I think that the main story is Desmond and the historical parts are used to attract people to the series and to further the plot line, which is Desmond, the Assassin's, the Templars and the ones that came before.

Hell, the main story of AC1 and AC1 and Brotherhood had to do with the mysterious Apple Artifact. Revelations had to do with Altair's Library and at the end what do you find? Artifacts that lead right back to Desmond.

It's just my opinion of course, but I think there has to be a game with just Desmond and the recent events of that time.

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah I agree that the Desmond parts have importance but they aren't the most important parts of the game and they are there to add interest which they do well. When AC1 first came out no one even knew that the present day part of the game even existed and some people were disappointed when they found out about it but I think most fans learned how important those parts are to the franchise since it gives the franchise the ability to go anywhere without using a time machine. It's actually a pretty ingenious plot device to add interest to the main part of the franchise and I'm glad they are there but it's the history and the ancestors who are the main focuses of the game.

FrankieSatt
12-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah I agree that the Desmond parts have importance but they aren't the most important parts of the game and they are there to add interest which they do well. When AC1 first came out no one even knew that the present day part of the game even existed and some people were disappointed when they found out about it but I think most fans learned how important those parts are to the franchise since it gives the franchise the ability to go anywhere without using a time machine. It's actually a pretty ingenious plot device to add interest to the main part of the franchise and I'm glad they are there but it's the history and the ancestors who are the main focuses of the game.

Than we agree to disagree. I'm just hoping that AC3 is a complete game and not just an expansion like Brotherhood and Revelations are.

Dragging out the game with yet another ancestor isn't a good idea

brick177
12-30-2011, 08:01 AM
There's very little for Desmond to do in the modern day. He's at the central vault in the very rural Adirondack Mountains. His objective is to gain access to the vault which he is already at. And the franchise is based on the vehicle of DNA memory to seamlessly allow the player to experience periods in history.

Desmond will probably need the memories of some ancestor to gain entry to the vault and we will play those memories.

AdmiralPerry
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
To me, it doesn't matter where the game decides to take place--every city has its own unique and interesting history.

playassassins1
12-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by brick177:
There's very little for Desmond to do in the modern day. He's at the central vault in the very rural Adirondack Mountains. His objective is to gain access to the vault which he is already at. And the franchise is based on the vehicle of DNA memory to seamlessly allow the player to experience periods in history.

Desmond will probably need the memories of some ancestor to gain entry to the vault and we will play those memories.

But then again, this isn't only about Saving the world. Its also about stopping the war between the Assassins and the Templars. So Desmond will probably encounter some templars and maybe Vidic. So his goal is also to stop the war.

Black_Widow9
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>