PDA

View Full Version : Training machines?

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Dear fellow simmers!
I am only wondering what's your opinion about installing some training planes used by German, US, Soviet air forces during the war period into the game. I think it would be nice to have a couple of those thus adding some extra touch to this amazing flight sim!
Greetings to all of you.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Dear fellow simmers!
I am only wondering what's your opinion about installing some training planes used by German, US, Soviet air forces during the war period into the game. I think it would be nice to have a couple of those thus adding some extra touch to this amazing flight sim!
Greetings to all of you.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Other than as a curiosity, I don't see the benefit as most any plane can serve as a trainer...in the sim world at least.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/TBolt.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:36 PM
It would be nice to have some aircraft with dual controls that you could switch somehow during multi play. That way an experienced pilot could show certain things real time without the trainee having to fly in formation.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Surprising as it may be, FB is the *first* flight sim for many people. A special emphasis on a few historical training aircraft would help the flight sim Newbies.

I would say Po~2 for Soviet. What did the Germans use (besides gliders) for basic flight training. What about USA? Not AT~6 Texan, that looks like advanced trainer and is more advanced than many FB aircraft. We need basic trainer, with heavy emphasis on it in the manual. After flying that, the simmer is on his/her own. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 11:26 PM
I'd like to fly the Storch, I know it wasn't really a trainer but since it didn't have much of a combat role it's more of a trainer then a fighter.

I did some reasearch about it and found that it could virtually hover in a 40km/h wind without losing controls.
It could take off with only 65m of runway and land in 22m, but it's max speed was only 175 km/h.

I'd still be fun to fly but I feel that it would be pointless for anyone to spend the time to develop into a flyable aircraft.