PDA

View Full Version : So far, what is your favourite city/location in the ac series?

freddie_1897
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
What is your favourite city/location? Rome, Venice, Florence, forli, appenine mountains, Tuscany/San Gimigiano, monterrigionni, masyaf, Acre, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople or Cappadocia. Why?

dylanfrim
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
venice or cappadocia

venice is very pretty

cappadocia is awesome! its a giant cave!

roostersrule2
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
What is your favourite city/location? Rome, Venice, Florence, forli, appenine mountains, Tuscany/San Gimigiano, monterrigionni, masyaf, Acre, Damascus, Jerusalem, Constantinople or Cappadocia. Why? Constantinople, it's just far more alive and diverse.

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Acre and Venice.

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Florence-AC2
Constantine-ACR
Damascus-AC1
Rome-ACB (see what I did there?)

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Well it could be Monteriggioni. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Everything besides Acre in AC1 and Forli in AC2.

Blind2Society
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Before ACR it was Venice by far, now, it's Constantinople over Venice by a bit. Though, I haven't been to Cappadocia yet.

xboxauditore
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
AC1- Jerusalem, Just Loved the Location.

AC2- Venice, Beautiful Sights.

ACB- Rome (Obviously)

ACR- Konstantinyye, Looks epic and plenty of stuff to climb.

But Altogether my fave is Masyaf in Revelations. Wish we could free-roam....

LieutenantJojo
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
By game:

AC1: Acre. I love the shadowy feel of the city. And not to mention the church you can climb. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
AC2: They are all beautiful, except for Forlí. I didn't really like going there. The winner definitely goes to Venice, though Florence was a cool city, too.
ACB: Yeah, well... Not much choice is there? But even though Rome was the only city, I really liked it.
ACR: Constantinople. I love it. It is a very dense city, which makes it easier to free-run through than Rome. The only thing I hate is taking that ******* ferry.

Overall top 5:

1. Venice
2. Constantinople
3. Monteriggioni (probably just because of the time I put in restoring that dump)
4. Florence
5. Rome

Animuses
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Florence and Constantinople are tied for me.

I loved the diversity of Constantinople. It's so different and every little area of it is amazing! I felt like I was in Europe, Asia and the Middle East at the same time. Oh and how I loved it during nighttime.

Florence is so beautiful. It feels like a happy place to me. The music fits perfectly, the city is full of life and you can tell art is flourishing... I can't describe the feeling of it all that well at the moment.

Gil_217
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Well this is a very difficult choice because I like them all really, I don't dislike even one but here we go

AC1 - Masyaf and Acre

ACII - Venezia

ACB - Roma

ACR - Constantinople

tarrero
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
1- Venice: It was one the most beautiful cities in the world (well, still it is), loved the colors, architecture and design, mostly on the "carnivale" district and on Saint Mark´s square. Despite its size(if you compare it to Rome or Constantinople) is has many landmarks, never gets old.

2- Constantinople: Best city at night, really liked ALOT the crescent moon detail for example, great skyline, pretty dense, many places to go, more diverse than any other city on this franchise, pretty well designed, love to free roam. Huge improvement from the last game.

3- Florence: My favorite landmark on this series has to be "Il duomo", that huge cathedral is just awesome.

4- Monteriggioni: Short but sweet, mostly once you finish all the renovations.

Favorite buildings or landmarks: Acre´s Citadel and Cathedral (despite the fact the latter one it is not historically accurate), Omeya Mosque in Damascus, Saint Mark´s Square, Il duomo of Florence, Colosseum, The Pantheon, Castle Saint Angelo, Galata Tower and Hagia Sophia.

By the way, Rome was a huge letdown, I mean, we all now that Florence, Venice and Constantinople were richer at the time, it was not until the XVII century that Rome regained its place as one of the leading cities in the world in terms of architecture, but it feels rushed, dull and boring, aside from the three buildings that I mentioned before, I dont enjoy Rome.

Serrachio
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Constantinople was a nice place to be in, but for me, it didn't quite give me the same feeling that Rome did.

I felt that Constantinople was too dark in some regard, and it didn't come across as "fresh" (not refering to new).

tjbyrum1
11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Although I haven't played Revelations yet, I must say that Constantinople looks fairly impressive. I have seen several gameplay videos on it, and I must say each video appeared to be in a different city, but they were all in Constantinople.

Rome... was fine? Although I just didn't like it. For one thing, 2/3 of the entire map was countryside. I didn't like that to much. the other 1/3 was city, but about 1/5 of the city was ruins and I did not like it that much. The Vatican was cool to see, and the Castel and all, the Colosseum was cool. I guess you can't blame Ubi, they designed it accordingly, and I am pretty sure it is nearly accurate. I just don't think Rome was to much of a good location for an AC game.

In AC 2, Venice was BY FAR my favorite. So wondrous, colorful, slightly packed even. A perfect place for an Assassin in my opinion. It really brought out the 'Renaissance' feeling for me. Florence was fine, but seemed pretty bland to me. I mean... it kind of seemed one color? I don't know, I just didn't find the appreciation in it.

In ACI, I loved Acre. However, I liked Damascus and Jerusalem because of that 'middle eastern' setting and feel. Acre truly set in the 'Crusades' feel to the game, and overall the three cities provided a fairly distinct and unique feel for the whole game.

Overall, I'd say Venice is my favorite, but Constantinople looks promising.

Sarari
11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I haven't played Revelations yet, but here's what I gotta say:
Damascus, Acre, and Venice.

Krayus Korianis
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Kostantiniyye, Akka, Firenze and Roma. In no particular order.

Chariflame
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Florence, most definitely. I loved it so much it was the main inspiration for me visiting the real city itself. (A visit which further strengthened how much I adore it.)

Shaunzy95
11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Florence. I love the background music and the atmosphere.

kriegerdesgottes
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Venice then Constantinople, then Florence. I really love they way they did Constantinople. It turned out amazing.

woowu
11-18-2011, 12:39 AM
San Gimignano, Venice, Constantinople and Acra