PDA

View Full Version : U-Play The Da Vinci Disappearance

javahouse
05-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm here ask for your opinion on The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC being free for PC and Onlive on U-Play and not even requiring U-play points... While on the other consoles there is not even an option to spend points towards getting it.

So lets start with my own opinion.
First of all I think that its ridiculous for it to be completely free one PC and Onlive and paid on consoles.
If they were to put it up for free it would have to be free for everyone, or least give an option for console users to use u-play points to get it. If I recall we all paid the same for the game. Well, actually console users paid more since both PC and onlive games are cheaper.
So with that said, why are we less deserving of this bonus?
Well, I dont have the answear to that... Do you?
Post your opinion.

GamerMayron
05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
for it to be completely free one PC and Onlive and paid on consoles.
If they were to put it up for free it would have to be free for everyone, or least give an option for console users to use u-play points to get it. If I recall we all paid the same for the game. Well, actually console users paid more since both PC and onlive games are cheaper.
So with that said, why are we less deserving of this bonus?
Well, I dont have the answear to that... Do you?
Post your opinion.

Dont forget that the PC version was released months later!
They should have made it available (free?) at the same time as the PC

iN3krO
05-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Are you ****ing me, you need to be!... We wait months for the game so we DESERVE something you don't have for free -.-''

thornebrook
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Dude, we PC gamers have to wait months to get the game after console users have plundered it and spoiled it for everyone else online. Not to mention the vague release dates that keep getting pushed back. The only way I'll still buy the game is if Ubisoft makes it worth the wait for us, and they do.

javahouse
05-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by thornebrook:
Dude, we PC gamers have to wait months to get the game after console users have plundered it and spoiled it for everyone else online. Not to mention the vague release dates that keep getting pushed back. The only way I'll still buy the game is if Ubisoft makes it worth the wait for us, and they do.

The game will only get spoiled if you watch videos or comments about it and I dont think you were forced to do that.
And about the game being delayed, you PC gamers (not you, but the general PC community) deserves to get your games delayed, with all your piracy and stuff. It was more than likely delayed because they were trying to find a way to prevent piracy.

GamerMayron
05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
If you are AC fan and still follow the forum and other AC stuff it can be spoiled, yes.

And I think that that piracy isnt a good reason.
There are also AC downloads for Console, and the game being hacked will sooner or later happen.

BTW: I have AC:B on PS3 and PC

iN3krO
05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by javahouse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thornebrook:

The game will only get spoiled if you watch videos or comments about it and I dont think you were forced to do that.
And about the game being delayed, you PC gamers (not you, but the general PC community) deserves to get your games delayed, with all your piracy and stuff. It was more than likely delayed because they were trying to find a way to prevent piracy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOOOL Ps3 and xBox360 are already pirated... i've played AcB pirated on my friend's ps3 so the piracy isn't a good reason...

So you think we deserve multiplantaform games delayed cuz we have the best exclusive games ever made? :P

thornebrook
05-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by javahouse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thornebrook:

And about the game being delayed, you PC gamers (not you, but the general PC community) deserves to get your games delayed, with all your piracy and stuff. It was more than likely delayed because they were trying to find a way to prevent piracy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Unless you have enthusiastic friends who own consoles and like to talk about the games they've just played? And yes, spoilers can be avoided, but try avoiding it for three months straight. Incredibly hard, especially if you participate in fan communities.

Also, profit-wise, piracy isn't all black and white (http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1121596044/how-piracy-works). I've read about people who pirated AC but then started buying it since AC2 because they liked it and want to support the franchise.

There's no reason for Ubisoft to not make a PC version, since it will maximize profits. Same game, reconfigured for a different platform. But the massive delay means having to provide incentive for PC gamers in order to make it more attractive for them to purchase, and that's where the free stuff and overall lower cost come in. Without the few added "bonuses" that PC gamers get, I'd personally think twice before purchasing the game because of the months-long delay from the console release. I'd probably just load up a playthrough on youtube and watch the cutscenes since I personally play AC for the story. Why pay the same price for the same thing that everyone else got months earlier than you?

Just my personal opinion.