PDA

View Full Version : Plane Visibility Post Patch

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm interested in hearing people's views on the visibility of aircraft with the IL 2 / FB patch.

My own opinion is that it has got worst.
I have seen the graphical representation of aircraft change
Starting with the original IL 2, with its black dots for distant aircraft, which changed to grey dots with the patches (I thought this was good.)

I fly on icon online servers.
With FB I noticed icons disappear if the aircraft is near the ground. (I find this annoying)

With the patch the aircraft really blend into the ground.
(Even the German planes now.)
It is now near imposible to see aircraft more than 1 km away. I fly almost exclusivly with the wide view. I find now
that in a looping battle i can hardly spot the aircraft if it is against the ground.

While camoflage does help hide aircraft, it should not make an aircraft invisible. I have had 3 years of military training and know it is easy to spot a camoflaged vehicle
even a a couple of miles away. If it is moving against its background, then it is especially easy to spot.

The visibility issue has changed the tatics of on line play, with people heading for the ground or staying lower to avoid detection.

So what are your views.
1. The new less visible planes better or worst?
2. icons now invisible near the ground good or bad?

------------------------------------------------------
Why do I fly with icons. I fly dogfights and I like to get personal. I like to head for the one who shoot me down last time. I would like to fly coop , but my PC is always crashing , so I would only let my team mates down.

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm interested in hearing people's views on the visibility of aircraft with the IL 2 / FB patch.

My own opinion is that it has got worst.
I have seen the graphical representation of aircraft change
Starting with the original IL 2, with its black dots for distant aircraft, which changed to grey dots with the patches (I thought this was good.)

I fly on icon online servers.
With FB I noticed icons disappear if the aircraft is near the ground. (I find this annoying)

With the patch the aircraft really blend into the ground.
(Even the German planes now.)
It is now near imposible to see aircraft more than 1 km away. I fly almost exclusivly with the wide view. I find now
that in a looping battle i can hardly spot the aircraft if it is against the ground.

While camoflage does help hide aircraft, it should not make an aircraft invisible. I have had 3 years of military training and know it is easy to spot a camoflaged vehicle
even a a couple of miles away. If it is moving against its background, then it is especially easy to spot.

The visibility issue has changed the tatics of on line play, with people heading for the ground or staying lower to avoid detection.

So what are your views.
1. The new less visible planes better or worst?
2. icons now invisible near the ground good or bad?

------------------------------------------------------
Why do I fly with icons. I fly dogfights and I like to get personal. I like to head for the one who shoot me down last time. I would like to fly coop , but my PC is always crashing , so I would only let my team mates down.