PDA

View Full Version : Which throttles and joystick to select?

larshgf
05-14-2006, 07:17 AM
I usually fly in FS2004, but recently purchased IL2 Complete Edition. I have the following hardware controls for flying FS2004:

CH Pedals Pro (USB)
CH Throttle Quadrant (USB)
CH Flightsim Yoke (USB)

Besides I have a Logitech Wingman Extreme (USB) from earlier use in Combat Flight Simulator 3.
I have 2 questions.....

(1)
I would like to hear if the CH Throttle Quadrant can be used for IL2? I see in the forum that some people use CH Pro Throttle. Is it better than CH Throttle Quadrant?

(2)
I think about replacing the Logitech Wingman with a CH joystick, and i Wonder if the CH joystic is better for IL2? And in case you would choose a CH joystick should it then be a CH Fighterstick or a CH Combatstick?
I guess theese CH joysticks are so heavy that they are placed solid on the table?

Best Regards
Lars

slipBall
05-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Welcom larshgf, hope you enjoy

(1) can be used especially for multi, the pro throttle offers so much more button assignments, plus the mini stick that can be assigned as mouse for looking around, very handy
(2) fighter stick vs. combat stick, fighter just offers more button assignments, the main reason I use it, ch is excellent
My pro throttle, and fighter stick are tied down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

larshgf
05-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi slipBall!

Is the CH Fighterstick so heavy that it is placed solid and stable on the table when you use it?

Forgot to say that I have a TrackIR ver 4 so that might compensate for the extra ministick on the pro throttle?

BR
Lars

Wilburnator
05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
The CH Fighterstick, while not being particularly heavy, has a wide base and is very stable. It also has light spring tension, so you won't have problems with the stick moving around on your desk.

FB/PF doesn't support multiple throttle axis control, so while you can certainly use your throttle quadrant, you will have to use keyboard commands to switch between engines for individual trottle control. Also, if you have TIR4 you don't need the mini stick on the pro throttle, but I believe you can program it to perform other funtions. I don't have the CH throttle myself, so I'm not certain about that.

larshgf
05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Wilburnator,

Thank you. You have the CH Fighterstick I guess? What kind of throttle do you use then if not CH Throttle Pro?

BR
Lars

slipBall
05-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by larshgf:
Hi slipBall!

Is the CH Fighterstick so heavy that it is placed solid and stable on the table when you use it?

Forgot to say that I have a TrackIR ver 4 so that might compensate for the extra ministick on the pro throttle?

BR
Lars

larshgf, yes it is true the the CH is heavy, but it does tend to move. I really did tie down both the throttle, and the fighter stick. Very solid now, no movement at all. It is posible that BOB will be able to handel all of the CH capibilities, unlike IL-2FB