PDA

View Full Version : I know Altair's Revelation story

waynedavies89
08-24-2011, 11:01 AM
i think its stupid what Ubisoft and Oliver Bowden have done.
you see the Cristina mission in Brotherhood are in the novel version of AC2, which came out way before Brotherhood.
Now The Secret Crusade has done the same, half of this book is the story of AC1 and Bloodlines the rest is new. telling the story of an old Altair fighting to regain control of the order and a life long battle with a friend turned enemy named Abbas

I think this should stop because it spoils the games, but then again if the game story line is only half as good as the book version. Altair's story in Revelations is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!

xCr0wnedNorris
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
What the books say happened aren't set in stone. The game developers kind of gave people the "F U" when they said the stuff that happens in the books can be considered canon unless the games decide otherwise. They might change Alta´rs story in Revelations and separate it from the book.

waynedavies89
08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I hope so, but at the same time i dont want it changed its so tightly written along side what we know about revelations and Altair.

For example the story of his sons and genghis khan is so good changing it would be pointless and a personally a little bit of an insult and a let down

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Most of the parts in the Secret crusade are not what you'll be playing through. of the examples of missions given, most of them involve situations where Altair is in intense action in constantinople or other places the book never went. One memory will be of Altair when he's 90 years old, and it may well be from the book.