PDA

View Full Version : When are you supposed to run?



SilentBobBMFJ
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm talking defensively, not offensively. When you hear the "whispers" or see them coming for you, what do you do? Can't stun them right, because they will kill you if you guys hit the buttons at anywhere close to the same time, so, do you just start sprinting when they're like 20 feet away? I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe I need certain abilities, which I don't have because I'm not even level 10 yet?

StarScream391
01-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Depends on the situation, if I got mute ability available then I usually charge at my pursuer mute him then stun then run away, If there are 3 pursuers after me then I would mute all 3 of them (if possible) use long lasting smoke bomb and stun 2 of them and pray that you dodge the the third guy and stun him, then after that run! Well that's what I would do.

Rainie
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
it depends on how the person likes to play really, if you don't think you can get the stun try hanging around a blend group with at least 1 persona that looks like you. also try walking around corners to cut off the line of sight. if your purser sees you run they can easily lock on to you and just chase.

since you're lvl 10, have you tried using smokebombs? they're good at stopping your pursuer (if you throw your smoke at the right time) so that you can turn around for the stun

me personally, if i see my pursuer i approach them...but im crazy so dont do that until you practice stunning

StarScream391
01-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
it depends on how the person likes to play really, if you don't think you can get the stun try hanging around a blend group with at least 1 persona that looks like you. also try walking around corners to cut off the line of sight. if your purser sees you run they can easily lock on to you and just chase.

since you're lvl 10, have you tried using smokebombs? they're good at stopping your pursuer (if you throw your smoke at the right time) so that you can turn around for the stun

Don't listen to Rainie shes evil >=) Lol.

E-Zekiel
01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
I generally run when my abilities are out and there are not a ton of my own persona (IE more than 3, including myself) in the area. I will either trigger an escape for the win, or just run and try to surprise them from a different angle, or surprise them at some point while they are trying to follow me.

Rainie
01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
Don't listen to Rainie shes evil >=) Lol.

im not ebil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Soviet_Mudkip
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarScream391:
Don't listen to Rainie shes evil >=) Lol.

im not ebil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you stab people in the eye with half a scissor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

anyways....

I normally run when my target is pretty far and I don't have any pursuers on me. And I do run when I want to cut off my target (only if they're broken out of my line of sight)

StarScream391
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah mudkip now you see what I mean lol.

monkeyuncle8
01-15-2011, 10:30 PM
if you see three pursuers, your in a group with no look alike, and you have no abilities, run. at least then they would only get 100 points for the kill

STYJ
01-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I generally run when my abilities are out and there are not a ton of my own persona (IE more than 3, including myself) in the area. I will either trigger an escape for the win, or just run and try to surprise them from a different angle, or surprise them at some point while they are trying to follow me.

when i have a few personas around me and my abilities are out, i'll try to slow the group down and when my pursuer is near enough, i just turn back, charge at him and stun him .

edit: and make up some running techniques . e.g. after you run past chase breakers, just stay behind the 2nd one . once it's open, run back through again . most likely your enemy will go from above / around . but when you go back, then you'd have already avoided him .

tallinn1960
01-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by StarScream391:

Don't listen to Rainie shes evil >=) Lol.

In my terms it does not count as evil to be a stunning lady. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But on topic: There is not really a situation where running is mandantory. However I use to run away from an identified pursuer if my defensive abs are on cooldown. And I learned it helps to bail out of crime scenes you created (a kill or a stun). Like Squiddish is recommending it.

However running around is very risky if you have or soon will have multiple pursuers on you. Running away from one will lead you into the blade of another more often then not. It may be better for you to get killed by the guy placed 8th then run into that other guy that is competing with you for first place.

Lethalla
01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
I normally run when my target is pretty far and I don't have any pursuers on me.

And THIS is why, UBI, I want my problem with my disappearing HUDs fixed!! Why can't they stay onscreen like they did before the post-Xmas patch??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

obliviondoll
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Lethalla:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
I normally run when my target is pretty far and I don't have any pursuers on me.

And THIS is why, UBI, I want my problem with my disappearing HUDs fixed!! Why can't they stay onscreen like they did before the post-Xmas patch??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Have you checked your options to make sure Dynamic HUD didn't turn itself on?

Because that's been an intermittent problem some people have had since release, and each patch has changed who it happens to...

Lethalla
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
On? It is ON, is it supposed to be off?
I've reported it to Ubi & said it was showing as On; they didn't tell me to turn it off. (And I'm sure - though not 100% - that it was always ON prior to the patch).
Besides that, about once every 70 odd games they will both stay onscreen.
Before the post-Xmas patch it wasn't a problem; both would be showing all the time complete with game ranking. Now they come on intermittently, usually only when there's a change in the number of pursuers/targets, sometimes showing the ranking, sometimes not. Now if I want that info I have to press Select, which means I've then (annoyingly) got the scoreboard onscreen as well.

Funny, when I posted a thread asking if this was happening to anyone else nobody responded...

obliviondoll
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Try swapping from on to off and see if it makes a difference.

Dynamic HUD on means the HUD information will only show up when something changes. makes the game harder to play.

Gabelous01
01-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I usually run when I identify the pursuer and can initiate the sequence? Simple...

1. Your pursuer has to be in the "sweet spot" (full radar circle and in LoS).

2. Your pursuer has to go into High Profile.

Once that happens the game considers it a chase. Why do it? That is simple too, to deny him/her a better kill than 100 points. They may get 150 - 200 for acrobatic bonuses or such, but it's better than letting them get a 300+ kill.

If I identify them I quickly abandon my target and try to fool the pursuer into thinking I'm unaware of their presence. After that I look and move closer to areas to lose LoS. Most new players will panic about losing LoS and try to give chase, triggering the sequence. After that it is simply escaping successfully.

My logic? Well it seems people like to use smoke bombs, all the time. The downside to this is it makes a STATIC scene. It's a very obvious and static event many will naturally draw to. But in a chase there is nothing but running people, even if other players do see it it is much more difficult to track/follow. Of course there is always a chance you are running into another pursuer and right into their path, but that is the gambit you play.

Personally I would rather get a 200-point stun from a disguised group turning a corner than one in the middle of a thick smoke bomb but that's just me. My theory is by figuring out others use a lot, your opponents have a much greater chance to prepare for those uses. That leaves you free to use other unconventional abilities/tactics, because sometimes the element of surprise is all it takes.

FearlessSpeach
01-17-2011, 03:09 AM
All the time.

Don't stop believin, and don't stop runnin.

If you do, the bears will get you.

Actually, just take the button out of your controller and replace it with a coin and a piece of tape so you don't have to even hold it down.

Neros5555
01-17-2011, 04:17 AM
easiest way to get naked stuns without dying? Use morph blend into the crowd and lock on to them when you see em. Almost guarantees a naked stun because locking on to them kinda makes it easier to stun and they won't see it coming.

PSN : MuukenTuuken

SilentBobBMFJ
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by FearlessSpeach:
All the time.

Don't stop believin, and don't stop runnin.

If you do, the bears will get you.

Actually, just take the button out of your controller and replace it with a coin and a piece of tape so you don't have to even hold it down.

Journey and the Chicago Bears? Bears going down, go Packers!

Gabelous01
01-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Neros5555:
easiest way to get naked stuns without dying? Use morph blend into the crowd and lock on to them when you see em. Almost guarantees a naked stun because locking on to them kinda makes it easier to stun and they won't see it coming.

PSN : MuukenTuuken

You may want to experiment to see if you can do that from the side or front of the pursuer. As I have found the front is almost complete failure and the side depends on lag. They can still kill you during the animation so at that rate you are banking you have better latency than they do.