PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out skins folder

antifreeze
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I want to get rid of the skins that I never use, but I'm not sure how that will affect the game.
For instance, I always use Matt Manager, so will it be ok to delete all the skins that start with '$' (I think that just means the skin has decals included on it)?
Also what about all the 'Ace pilots' aircraft skins? Are they used by the game for anything (ie. campaign) or are they just there so you can choose that skin yourself?
And what about 'AI-only' planes. If I delete the originals and put some better skins in their place, will they actually be used, or will all AI aircraft default to the 'general' skin?

Is it better to leave the default skins alone, and just add new ones to the folders?

Cheers.

antifreeze
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I want to get rid of the skins that I never use, but I'm not sure how that will affect the game.
For instance, I always use Matt Manager, so will it be ok to delete all the skins that start with '$' (I think that just means the skin has decals included on it)?
Also what about all the 'Ace pilots' aircraft skins? Are they used by the game for anything (ie. campaign) or are they just there so you can choose that skin yourself?
And what about 'AI-only' planes. If I delete the originals and put some better skins in their place, will they actually be used, or will all AI aircraft default to the 'general' skin?

Is it better to leave the default skins alone, and just add new ones to the folders?

Cheers.

HexAngel
11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antifreeze:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In most cases those skins wih the '$' in front of it are used in the stock-campaigns as skins for aces, so I wouldn't delete them..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same as above http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Cheers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The aircrafts default skins are hardcoded into the engine and can't be changed from 'outside'.
And if you have enough space on your HD left I would just leave them as they are and add new ones without changing the others..
Greetings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

antifreeze
11-01-2004, 06:15 PM
OK, thanks