PDA

View Full Version : now that we can change sounds

Daiichidoku
10-07-2007, 01:30 PM
does anyone have any sound bites or taped dialogue of OM?

i could make my la7 engine go besurebesurebesurebesurebesurebesurebesure

firing 50 cals would be 2222222222222222222222weeks 2222weeks 2222222weeks

Taylortony
10-07-2007, 01:59 PM
HMMMM was not one of the reasons that the sound was simplified down from that of the Original IL2 to speed up the gameplay online etc........ therefore mucking about with the code may give you a pleasant noise but bugger up the gameplay...

Me..... I think I will pass and leave all the wingeing to the horses a**es in here that are about to go down the rocky road of hacking the game to death, remember that when you all start *****ing about XYZ aircraft online climbing like Olegs blood pressure........ It's a sorry day and a can of worms this will open to no ones benefit..........

one just hopes that patch 4.09 will fix the loophole and leave all the Starship Enterprise pilots in their own little world of 4.08, though I for one would not be suprised if Oleg simply pulled the plug on that patch and called time on the series....... If I was him, I know I would......

whilst there is a Forum Ban on discussion of how to run this game without the DVD / CD in, I am aghast that there has not been a ban on this discussion as it is blatent hacking of the game and as such the intellectual property of the said companies......... ALL OF THESE THREADS SHOULD BE CLOSED simple as that........ were are then Mods when they SHOULD BE DOING THEIR JOB

Feathered_IV
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Taylortony:
HMMMM was not one of the reasons that the sound was simplified down from that of the Original IL2 to speed up the gameplay online etc........

I suspect computers have improved sufficiently over the last 5 years that this is not an issue anymore.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I suspect computers have improved sufficiently over the last 5 years that this is not an issue anymore.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

gdfo
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I know of at least one server that will kick you if you use that 'mod'.

MaxMhz
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suspect computers have improved sufficiently over the last 5 years that this is not an issue anymore.
Computers might have, but sound cards did not.
Using this @#%#@ "mod" will probably induce laaaag

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taylortony
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by MaxMhz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suspect computers have improved sufficiently over the last 5 years that this is not an issue anymore.
Computers might have, but sound cards did not.
Using this @#%#@ "mod" will probably induce laaaag

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed and it wasn't just what you were hearing, but the data sent in the packet to the other players PC's so you can here the engine of the plane next to you start up and flying even though it may not change his engine sound.. altering the that file alters the response time and the lag.......... now on a pc running on a large MB broadband connection etc it might not matter, but then not everyone that plays has that luxury..

rnzoli
10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

LOL, I wonder how many people will miss the irony in your post, and continue debating "to mod or not to mod" seriously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, to help your cause, this is what I would like to hear:

when hit by extremely distant flak, the game should play a hit sound "pureluckbesure"

when hit by bomber gunners, i should hear "steadyhandsteadyhandssteadyhands"

i can also presume that Hayateace would want to hear the 109 external engine sound as "ufocomingufocomingufocoming"

fabianfred
10-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taylortony:
HMMMM was not one of the reasons that the sound was simplified down from that of the Original IL2 to speed up the gameplay online etc........

I suspect computers have improved sufficiently over the last 5 years that this is not an issue anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Taylortony:
HMMMM was not one of the reasons that the sound was simplified down from that of the Original IL2 to speed up the gameplay online etc........ therefore mucking about with the code may give you a pleasant noise but bugger up the gameplay...

I'm sorry, that is rubbish. CFS allready had great realistic sounds when no-one ever heard of Il-2. And sounds themselves doesn't need to be send over the internet. Only information on when, where and how the sounds will be heard by the simmers, whatever those sounds are.

Abbeville-Boy
10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
this is bad idea

Korolov1986
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Sound replacement:

- Explosions with Pillsbury Dougboy "hoo-hoo"
- Mk108 with small "beep-beep"
- Engine sound with me going "vrrrmmm"
- .50cal sound replaced with 155mm howitzer sound
- .50cal hits replaced with nuclear explosion sound

danjama
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

LOL, I wonder how many people will miss the irony in your post, and continue debating "to mod or not to mod" seriously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, to help your cause, this is what I would like to hear:

when hit by extremely distant flak, the game should play a hit sound "pureluckbesure"

when hit by bomber gunners, i should hear "steadyhandsteadyhandssteadyhands"

i can also presume that Hayateace would want to hear the 109 external engine sound as "ufocomingufocomingufocoming" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lolz

JG52Karaya-X
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Korolov1986:
Sound replacement:

- Explosions with Pillsbury Dougboy "hoo-hoo"
- Mk108 with small "beep-beep"
- Engine sound with me going "vrrrmmm"
- .50cal sound replaced with 155mm howitzer sound
- .50cal hits replaced with nuclear explosion sound

You forgot a big, wet fart whenever a plane blows up or a bombs goes off!!!

And of course .30,.303 and 7,9mms should sound like "takatakatakatakatakatakataka"

And for my Bk3.7cm gun I want an "PWNED!" gun sound... that'd be cool

And last but not least I want a galopping horse fly-by sound for the "Pony"

PS: Could some one pls mod some confetti tracers for the <9 years crowd!? Thx!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Divine-Wind
10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by rnzoli:
i can also presume that Hayateace would want to hear the 109 external engine sound as "ufocomingufocomingufocoming"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Once we figure out how to mod tracers, Raaaid can finally have his barrel rolling tracer effects and correct perspective!