PDA

View Full Version : AC: Revelations Weather

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Questions for a weather system in Revelations, not confirmed

LightRey
08-15-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't really care. When they introduced weather in Minecraft it just made me turn the rain off with a mod command every time it started to rain. Usually it just seems more annoying than that it adds anything of value to the experience.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
i didn't like the rain in minecraft, anyway,
, but personally i'd quite like it, not all the time just every now and then like in the secret location Basilica di San Pietro i found that really fun, or for those who have it the ac brotherhood ps3 dynamic theme , yes its only a theme but the rain affect looks really nice

LightRey
08-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by HIBEE12:
i didn't like the rain in minecraft, anyway,
, but personally i'd quite like it, not all the time just every now and then like in the secret location Basilica di San Pietro i found that really fun, or for those who have it the ac brotherhood ps3 dynamic theme , yes its only a theme but the rain affect looks really nice
That's true. I especially liked it when the Cardinal slipped and almost fell off the roof.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
haha yeah, i was going to put that in as a question but may aswell post it here as a thought, i'm not sure if there was a weather system if i'd like it to affect gameplay, example : enemies or you slipping on a roof

gohanks10
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
i really want a rain system for revelations.

the weather should be a priority for the next AC games

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't mind weather. I would love to see weather that gives a small effect on what you do. Like maybe if it snows you would see the footprints of people in the snow, maybe in thunderstorms/rainstorms guards wouldn't notice you as fast. Maybe see people asking you for water if there was a dry spell.

Nothing that greatly affects you though.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
yeah, i suppose that'd be nice, just the little detais http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif however, though i may be wrong im not sure they'd make it snow in constantinople http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif maybe in the next ac

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I wouldn't mind weather. I would love to see weather that gives a small effect on what you do. Like maybe if it snows you would see the footprints of people in the snow, maybe in thunderstorms/rainstorms guards wouldn't notice you as fast. Maybe see people asking you for water if there was a dry spell.

That, I'd actually really like.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

That, I'd actually really like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

definately, i think it'd be a great touch ,

acjake
08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I would love to see weather. RDR has weather and some of the new Batman: Arkham City trailers show off snow. I hope AC:R follows. There seems to be snow in that one screenshot of Ezio looking at Masyaf.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by acjake:
I would love to see weather. RDR has weather and some of the new Batman: Arkham City trailers show off snow. I hope AC:R follows. There seems to be snow in that one screenshot of Ezio looking at Masyaf.

just loked at the trailer again and i believe your right, snow !!! however this could be a one off weather moment like in Basilica di San Pietro ....

acjake
08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
just loked at the trailer again and i believe your right, snow !!! however this could be a one off weather moment like in Basilica di San Pietro ....

Yeah that's probably what they'll do. Have weather during some parts in a very controlled way...it's a step in the right direction.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:16 PM
definately a step in the right direction, maybe they'll bring it in maybe not but soon they'll get there

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by gohanks10:

definately, however it needs to be spontaineous and not confined
edit: well i cant say it needs to be a proirity, but just something that atleast looked upon

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gohanks10:

definately, however it needs to be spontaineous and not confined </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I wouldn't say it should be a priority, since I think there are way more important things to focus on, but I would really like an interactive weather system, so if they could implement that...

GunnarGunderson
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
atleat we'll atleast have some snow in the beginning

dxsxhxcx
08-15-2011, 07:10 PM
maybe in thunderstorms/rainstorms guards wouldn't notice you as fast.

this would make the game even easier than already is... =/

the footprints in the snow should work the same way they do in MGS (Metal Gear Solid), making the guards follow them if we are in a restricted area or notorious.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
08-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

this would make the game even easier than already is... =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, but the possibility of slipping and falling because of rain evens it up a little.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:32 PM

this would make the game even easier than already is... =/

the footprints in the snow should work the same way they do in MGS (Metal Gear Solid), making the guards follow them if we are in a restricted area or notorious.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the snow thing, that's what I was thinking.

As for the rain, in a true rainstorm you are less likely to hear footsteps. But there could be an option to turn weather off if you wanted it.

dxsxhxcx
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

yeah, but the possibility of slipping and falling because of rain evens it up a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the guards were a challenge I would agree with you... :P

the only thing I'm concerned about weather affecting the gameplay this way, would be if (assuming weather would be random effect) suddenly starts raining one time after another making us slip each time we start running while we are doing a mission in the rain, this would become annoying after some time...

LightRey
08-15-2011, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

yeah, but the possibility of slipping and falling because of rain evens it up a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the guards were a challenge I would agree with you... :P

the only thing I'm concerned about weather affecting the gameplay this way, would be if (assuming weather would be random effect) suddenly starts raining one time after another making us slip each time we start running while we are doing a mission in the rain, this would become annoying after some time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I think the slipping shouldn't be so random. It should just be that you can't make certain kinds of jumps and can't walk well on certain surfaces.

nickfern19
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Hahahahaha yes.... and if they add slipping and falling to any wet surfacing I will purposely injure myself on Templar property and DESTROY the Templars with lawsuits!!!

But seriously, with the issue of slipping too often because of rain, that would depend on the surface, since all types of material provide different traction and reactions to moisture, and can even get stickier.

Just an add-on to the rain idea, puddles could form on the streets or on rooftops and make people slip. Unfortunately if this isn't presented properly it'll play out like Mario Kart.

What about the clouds? In some moments of AC:B I found myself being covered in the shadows. But when I looked up there was nothing. Sometimes a cloud would actually block the Sun, but the world remained bright. A simple eye to detail makes this game a lot more fascinating.

Hayabusa Sushi
08-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Perhaps they could have perfect weather during missions, so that you don't slip in the rain whilst doing something important. Similar to how AC2 and Brotherhood set the weather and time of day at certain points. (e.g. The Flying Machine mission in AC2 instantly set the time to night).
Other than that, the weather would be random and could rain, etc.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't really like the slipping idea. That's something that I would call a big effect.

It's also something that sounds cool on paper, but when you actually play it it's just annoying. Sort of like the camera views that the PC version takes in secret locations. They just annoy the hell outta me.

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 12:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIBEE12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gohanks10:

definately, however it needs to be spontaineous and not confined </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I wouldn't say it should be a priority, since I think there are way more important things to focus on, but I would really like an interactive weather system, so if they could implement that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
mm by my response i ment that its soething that should be lookd upon but nt the most important thing

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't really like the slipping idea. That's something that I would call a big effect.

It's also something that sounds cool on paper, but when you actually play it it's just annoying. Sort of like the camera views that the PC version takes in secret locations. They just annoy the hell outta me.

well, it could be annyoing certain aspects of it (whats annoying for me is the big affects) such as lets say your on a tall building about to jump when it starts raining , you slip, you fall, you die.. that would be annoying

Oatkeeper
08-16-2011, 12:46 AM
didnt read all the comments but I dont think anyone mentioned that there is a screenshot of Ezio overlooking Masyaf with it snowing.

Also It rained in a brotherhood Multiplayer map as well (well i was more of a drizzle but you get the idea)

and to the people who made comments about Minecraft weather. Its a bit of a different situation, where minecraft weather actively effects light levels and stops fire therfore effects the gameplay in adrastic way. and lack of transition and and making it hard to tell time of day really ruins it.

I fully support non game changing weather in SCR as long as it has no huge effect on gameplay

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
didnt read all the comments but I dont think anyone mentioned that there is a screenshot of Ezio overlooking Masyaf with it snowing.

Also It rained in a brotherhood Multiplayer map as well (well i was more of a drizzle but you get the idea)and to the people who made comments about Minecraft weather. Its a bit of a different situation, where minecraft weather actively effects light levels and stops fire therfore effects the gameplay in adrastic way. and lack of transition and and making it hard to tell time of day really ruins it.

I fully support non game changing weather in SCR as long as it has no huge effect on gameplay
yes that was looked upon but not greately, im sure there will be weather changes there but more confined than spontaneous though it would be great just being in the snow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif anyways yh, lightrays just brought up the fact he wasn't sure about the minecraft weather to show he didn't mind for the weather, and i responded i didn't like mc weather for the sake of it :P however yes they are 2 different things , if you can post a picture of that shot here or the link that'd be great

odovoro
08-16-2011, 01:17 AM
meh whatever...
the weather really holds no interest to me
there are far more interesting things that are way more interesting... way more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by odovoro:
meh whatever...
the weather really holds no interest to me
there are far more interesting things that are way more interesting... way more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
thats fair, your opinion, however while there are alot bigger and better things concentrate on its just a minor thing that alot of us would like to see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

odovoro
08-16-2011, 02:14 AM
@ HIBEE12

don't get me wrong i would like to see snow and rain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
but as you said it's minor thing

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by odovoro:
@ HIBEE12

don't get me wrong i would like to see snow and rain http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
but as you said it's minor thing
yeah, i mean its not the most important thing, its minor just i'd like to see it

Serrachio
08-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Having proper weather effects would be a nice touch.

Crunching snow and footprints could make guards suspicious when you run, rain would sound nice when you can hear the pitter-patter of the raindrops on the ground etc.

This, along with proper liquid physics (blood and water soaking into clothes correctly), proper foliage physics (haybales and bushes) and proper hair and cloth physics would make this game look more visually appealing.

Fixing sliding against objects like walls and having Ezio connect with some things properly (stairs for example) would also be a nice touch.

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 03:55 AM
agreed, im sure they've alreay included some of that in revelations, i hope so atleast,

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by haloblivion:
Perhaps they could have perfect weather during missions, so that you don't slip in the rain whilst doing something important. Similar to how AC2 and Brotherhood set the weather and time of day at certain points. (e.g. The Flying Machine mission in AC2 instantly set the time to night).
mmm i agree, so a set weather or time of day for a mission?

LightRey
08-16-2011, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by haloblivion:
mmm i agree, so a set weather or time of day for a mission? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it would only make sense. I think it would be quite memorable to Ezio if he did something in a thunderstorm or in broad daylight.

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 09:00 AM
yes, i know that some missions of the past 2 AC games were memorable for me for those reasons, i can imagine maysaf being very memorable in AC R .

samward
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM

agreed!!!

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
what i''d like to see is when it rains theres puddles for a whie after its rained (be a nice touch) and if its severe weather, the sea could rise or heralds could talk about it, maybe?

lukaszep
08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
The only weather we've had so far has been like set pieces. A dynamic weather system is what we're talking about yes? I think it would add a whole lot more strategy to the game with the whole idea of guards not being able to see you as quickly in thunderstorms.
The slipping idea doesn't really sound fun, but maybe Ezio or the Assassins can't quite sprint on a roof when it's raining, so it's like they're more cautious. It would add a lot more tactics to consider during missions to do with timing and sneaking around.

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 01:17 PM
yep thats it, dynamic weather system, for the rooftops when it rains i think it coud add a lot more stealth

blazefp
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah I agree.
And that run on the wall to climb it could also be decreased cuz a person can only climb that far up a wall when the wall is very rough or "deformed", you know what I mean.

With rain, everything becomes more slippery thus Ezio couldn't do half of the stunts he does on dry conditions.

InfectedNation
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
A weather system would be great, but like someone said: small effect only.
In my opinion the San Pietro mission was fantastic with the heavy rain.

HIBEE12
08-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
A weather system would be great, but like someone said: small effect only.
In my opinion the San Pietro mission was fantastic with the heavy rain.

Yep, and i loved the san pietro mission

InfectedNation
08-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I would also like them to refine the day-night cycles (The Banker sequence in Brotherhood completely messed up there - the mission where you carry the chest in disguise)
A noticable change of season as you progress through the storyline would be a nice touch too (Perhaps every sequence it could change?)

Sorry, but the environmental factors in AC really get me deeper into the game, if something doesnt add up, I create an excuse in my head and pretend something happened that didn't.
Maybe I need help...

albertwesker22
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry, but the environmental factors in AC really get me deeper into the game, if something doesnt add up, I create an excuse in my head and pretend something happened that didn't.
Maybe I need help...

No I think I know what you mean. I think we all do that, use our imagination to fill in the blanks.

dxsxhxcx
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I would also like them to refine the day-night cycles (The Banker sequence in Brotherhood completely messed up there - the mission where you carry the chest in disguise)
A noticable change of season as you progress through the storyline would be a nice touch too (Perhaps every sequence it could change?)

Maybe I need help...

I would like to see something like this implemented too, this could also affect the gameplay a little, by making the guards more suspicious at night..

example:

if one of them see us climbing a wall or walking in the roofs they would start chasing us immediatly;

there would be more guards and less people in the streets at night;

doctors/blacksmiths/etc wouldn't be working at night;

etc...

LightRey
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

Maybe I need help...

I would like to see something like this implemented too, this could also affect the gameplay a little, by making the guards more suspicious at night..

example:

if one of them see us climbing a wall or walking in the roofs they would start chasing us immediatly;

etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or maybe just the opposite. With the guards thinking it was just a cat or something.

PrAyLuDe1
08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I would like it. I thought it was pretty cool when it started to rain and storm in Red Dead Redemption. I wouldn't mind some snow either!

LightRey
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
well if they'd implement it I would at least want some minor interactivity, such as people trying to find shelter from the rain and kids throwing snowballs at each other.

AC should also have more kid NPC's.

albertwesker22
08-16-2011, 07:37 PM
well if they'd implement it I would at least want some minor interactivity, such as people trying to find shelter from the rain and kids throwing snowballs at each other.

Yes! The kids can be the pickpockets of Istanbul!!! But could Ezio still dish out street justice to them? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Yes! The kids can be the pickpockets of Istanbul!!! But could Ezio still dish out street justice to them? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*imagines Ezio doing his signature, slightly awkward, grabbing-move on a kid*
ok, no kids for pickpockets...

nickfern19
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

Yes! The kids can be the pickpockets of Istanbul!!! But could Ezio still dish out street justice to them? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok, no kids for pickpockets... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeeeppp that's why there are no kids in games that can be, you know, physically interacted with. I know there was some discussion about this for games in general and if kids were killable, well, it would be like that Dungeons and Dragons game being some sort of cult get-together for society and thus banning Assassin's Creed from all stores.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by nickfern19:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

ok, no kids for pickpockets... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeeeppp that's why there are no kids in games that can be, you know, physically interacted with. I know there was some discussion about this for games in general and if kids were killable, well, it would be like that Dungeons and Dragons game being some sort of cult get-together for society and thus banning Assassin's Creed from all stores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. It's a little sad though. It makes the games seem a little unrealistic.

Calvarok
08-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Actually, children were mentioned in an interview about random events, so we can assume that they're in. As to wether they're killable... probably not.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, children were mentioned in an interview about random events, so we can assume that they're in. As to wether they're killable... probably not.
Really? I wonder if there will be random kid NPC's on the street then.

Jexx21
08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
*tries to shoot kid in Fallout 3*

Wat da hell! This kid is soaking up all my bulletz!

Sad thing is, if there were ever games where there were alien babies we would probably be able to harm them. The world is Specie-ist!

HIBEE12
08-17-2011, 02:19 AM
haha those are really good ideas guys, but no kiddy killing !!! AC would be banned. Anyway i really like the idea of no shops open at night time, but about the gaurds thing, if you remember in ACB if a Borgia Captain got away you'd have to wait until theyre shifts changed i' like to see that, shift changes

HIBEE12
08-17-2011, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

Maybe I need help...

example:

im not so sure abut the wall climbing bit, because its not there job, its the archers

HIBEE12
08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
*tries to shoot kid in Fallout 3*

Wat da hell! This kid is soaking up all my bulletz!

Sad thing is, if there were ever games where there were alien babies we would probably be able to harm them. The world is Specie-ist!
haha

dxsxhxcx
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM

Maybe I need help...

example:

im not so sure abut the wall climbing bit, because its not there job, its the archers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when I said guards I was talking about all of them (archers included)

HIBEE12
08-17-2011, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIBEE12:

Maybe I need help...

example:

im not so sure abut the wall climbing bit, because its not there job, its the archers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when I said guards I was talking about all of them (archers included) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aah sorry, misunderstood you, so like if you start climbing they react instantly ?

SixKeys
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM

There already are games like that. If you play as the marines in the Alien vs. Predator games you get to shoot newly hatched facehuggers.

I'd love to see a weather system in the AC series, whether random or fixed like in the Romulus lair in ACB where it rained. I wouldn't like it to affect the way you control Ezio though, no slipping on surfaces and such.

I liked the idea that someone brought up earlier that guards could get suspicious if they saw footprints in the snow or mud. I could easily see a way to implement this: in restricted areas, guards should react to footprints the way they react to a dead body on the street. Kneel down to investigate, look around suspiciously and say something like "There's a spy around here". Then they should become more alert and search the immediate area. That would force the player to use their wits to avoid being detected. It could even be a fun way to use the bombs we get in ACR. Lure a guard towards a specific spot by leaving some footprints in plain view, then set a bomb in his path once he moves closer to investigate.

blazefp
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I liked the idea that someone brought up earlier that guards could get suspicious if they saw footprints in the snow or mud. I could easily see a way to implement this: in restricted areas, guards should react to footprints the way they react to a dead body on the street. Kneel down to investigate, look around suspiciously and say something like "There's a spy around here". Then they should become more alert and search the immediate area. That would force the player to use their wits to avoid being detected. It could even be a fun way to use the bombs we get in ACR. Lure a guard towards a specific spot by leaving some footprints in plain view, then set a bomb in his path once he moves closer to investigate.

See? That's an excellent idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

HIBEE12
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
agreed , a very good idea, thats sort of reminds me of metal gear solid, and if im not mistaken the makers of mgs helped in acb, as for the snow in maysaf check out the NEW uk trailer of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPA8vLMk_ks

LightRey
08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

See? That's an excellent idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

InfectedNation
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree that there should be very few civilians out on the streets at night, and those that are could be vulnerable to attack from thieves, killers (and dare I say rapists?) as part of the random event mechanic.
But Thieves, Mercenaries and guards would remain, perhaps a few civilians could group around taverns and guards?

As for the weather, if NPCs completely ignored it, it would probably not fit in comfortably, blend groups should find shelter, while only guards and people working carry on with what theyre doing.

LightRey
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree that there should be very few civilians out on the streets at night, and those that are could be vulnerable to attack from thieves, killers (and dare I say rapists?) as part of the random event mechanic.
But Thieves, Mercenaries and guards would remain, perhaps a few civilians could group around taverns and guards?

As for the weather, if NPCs completely ignored it, it would probably not fit in comfortably, blend groups should find shelter, while only guards and people working carry on with what theyre doing.
Generally in those times thieves, killers (and rapists) came in a combo package.

Animuses
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Now since thieves are being brought up, why not make them simply thieves who steal instead of a faction lead by an assassin?

InfectedNation
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Now since thieves are being brought up, why not make them simply thieves who steal instead of a faction lead by an assassin.

I like that idea, instead of waiting for you, you'd need to find them wandering or stealing in order to hire them.

SixKeys
08-17-2011, 02:02 PM

I like this idea. It would bring another challenge to the gameplay. Imagine you're tailing some guy in a blend group when suddenly it starts to rain and your human shield scatters away to find shelter. "Oh shi--!"

blazefp
08-17-2011, 03:01 PM

I like this idea. It would bring another challenge to the gameplay. Imagine you're tailing some guy in a blend group when suddenly it starts to rain and your human shield scatters away to find shelter. "Oh shi--!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be gr8. Imagine that in the middle of the banker's mission. You would be almost immediately recognized. That spikes things up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

nickfern19
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

See? That's an excellent idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, unless the guards patrol. Guard: *walks around the perimeter of a restricted area, notices his footprints just where he was 5 minutes ago* HOLY CR**!! Sound the alarm! There's an intruder about us!

SixKeys
08-17-2011, 05:57 PM
lol, unless the guards patrol. Guard: *walks around the perimeter of a restricted area, notices his footprints just where he was 5 minutes ago* HOLY CR**!! Sound the alarm! There's an intruder about us!

Yeah, sometimes in the games I find it funny when I've just killed a whole group of people and the guards seem to notice just one body at a time. First they kneel down to one of them, search the area, then come back a minute later and only THEN notice the second body lying right next to the other one, kneel down again, search the area. Rinse and repeat times the number of corpses. I can see that happening with a group of guards who all keep walking in circles and every time they see a new trail of their own footprints, they get more and more suspicious. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

nickfern19
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickfern19:

Yeah, sometimes in the games I find it funny when I've just killed a whole group of people and the guards seem to notice just one body at a time. First they kneel down to one of them, search the area, then come back a minute later and only THEN notice the second body lying right next to the other one, kneel down again, search the area. Rinse and repeat times the number of corpses. I can see that happening with a group of guards who all keep walking in circles and every time they see a new trail of their own footprints, they get more and more suspicious. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason they pay little attention to you if you stand over a dead body, unless you loot it or carry it. They don't even bother to inspect a body if it's a thief. But suddenly if you pull out your sword and stand over the body, we have to kill you.

blazefp
08-18-2011, 03:03 AM

haha nice thought but Ubi said that some "guys" (I don't know if they are normal guards, heavy guards, agiles or only targets or even all of them) will have some kind of a templar vision so they will be able to spot you in the middle of a crowd and in that way I think they won't do that.