PDA

View Full Version : blood.

ATFA666
10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
To what extent do you want the blood in this game to be?

I hope it's very gory actually(not to the point of limbs falling off just lots and lots of blood).

HorTyS
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
gory and fairly gory are similar enough. you should've had a 'realistic' option, thats what i'd have voted for...

kew414
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I would say rather not too bloody or, like hortys said, realistic.

XBfreak_101
10-02-2006, 08:58 PM
I hope the blood isnt fake looking. I would want a realistic amount of it depending on how you kill the enemy.

JovialTempest
10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
lol. If this game hold true to the way of the assassin then there should be little to no blood. And with a health system set up the way this one is, I would say that the blood will be just as realistic. Never was a fan of extreem blood.....

tress-jr
10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.. im with jovial 100%

and ne1 is willing to explan me how to put a signature on i have a pic but how do i link it?

spyda_444
10-03-2006, 01:22 PM
i like having blood in a game but too much can spoil a game and cause the age rating to go up ( not that i am bothered because i have san andreas n shizzle )
but i would like to see realistic blood

in that gameplay video i liked the way when you assassinate william the blood spats up when you stab him in the back of the neck

IMO they should not get limbs chopped off, well maybe heads but thats nothing new

also when people die and collapse to the floor they should be in a pool of blood

1 last point, if you are injured duy to a fight, depending where the wound is you should leave a trail of blood dropplets, this would mean guards could track you and it would be up to you to heal it and lose their tail

Fates.Dark.Hand
10-03-2006, 03:25 PM
There wont be Mortal Kombat style blood, flowing off them in big drips and stuff, but i hope its gona be realistic...i have a feeling there wont be much blood as a high gore level means a higher game age limit, and i think ubi want this to stay mature so its aimed at a bigger target market.

Tepolo
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I WANT THE BLOOD TO BE REALISTICK http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SpiderFreak
10-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I went with realistic, but by that I DON'T mean above gory.

Yes, there should be blood. But not like most people would think of when they say "realistic." I don't mean gallons of blood squirting out, and limbs being removed left and right, because that's NOT at ALL realistic. If I see my sword slash straight through a guy's neck, sure, I wanna see his head fly off. But if I swing my sword and I hit him in the chest, then I don't want to see him flying in half. Limb removal isn't common in real-life. Honestly, most deaths by swords were probably done by stabbing, not by cutting off the guy's head with your claymore.

I want to see realistic ammounts of blood. Not a gorefest, but not a tiny little mist of red.

SF

UnDead_Knight1
10-05-2006, 12:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif, it should be realistic, but not a gorefest

slit1neck2speed
10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
This game will rock : Blood or no blood. " Im still buying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Impact93
10-06-2006, 01:24 AM
If you notice the trailers, it seems the team has focused (mercifly) on sound more than visual as far as gore is concerned. In the trailer you can clearly hear a wet almost snapping sound as the blade enters the victim, mix this with active facial expressions such as pain and fear and you come out with a far more intense and satisfying kill than you would if you simply had an arm fall on the ground. Im not saying the game shouldnt have any blood, in keeping with realisim it would need some, however hardcore blood means nothing if the other aspects of mortality and physics dont exist. Example, how many people here remember Goldeneye for N64, hopefully everyone, do you remember how great everyone thought it was and how, and i quote "no game has been able to equal that kind of first person shooter satisfaction again" (quote taken from every bloody video game magazine in the world) That game and the FPS genere has be redone a million times with all gameplay aspects of the first goldeneye in place plus updated graphics and sound, but to no avail, no game has ever had the same impact. Obviously it wasnt the graphics and it certainly wasnt the gore in the game that made it so great, the fact of the matter is, for its time it was one of the FIRST games for a console system whos AI acted in a realistic and convincing manner it was also one of the first games to feature "realistic" death animations wich were variable depending on where they were shot and what you shot them with, it was also one of the first games where, if you were good enough, you could sneak around with your silencer and kill everyone without alerting any extra attention, games may copy all that now, but its only special once. Gore isnt the answer to making a kill sequence any better or more satisfying, its the beliveability of the character your killing, for its time the Goldeneye enemies were intensly satisfying to kill, now they seem almost stupid. Companies like ubisoft have there work cut out for them when it comes to making the enemy come to life, with only a limited amount of time for you to catch a background of the person you are going to assasinate and an ongoing demand for less load screens and less text screens its no wonder its getting harder and harder for kills to fell any more than an annoyance. You need to know your enemy in order to find value in taking his life from him. So yea, bring on the gore, but dont assume that visual gore is the only thing that needs to take place. Personaly im glad that Ubisoft has payed attention to more than just the visual aspect of the kill, its about time somone started paying attention to sound and feeling/character development rather than just blood, infact i'd go so far as to say that gore such as decapitations and limbs being removed are a cruch for a game rather than a dynamic that is added in the best interest of the gamers.

*hats off to ubisoft* Looks good guys, your game has singlehandedly fueled my desire for a PS3.

_Impact_

yavanna_1986
10-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Realistic

IoNoobMaster
10-06-2006, 05:49 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif 'case I don't whant to kill a person and the blood to come out of him like water out of a broken hidrant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FableB
10-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Realistic...Depening on where you stick your enemy...throat=lots of blood...torso=not too much......something like that...

Saudus
10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Realistic.

But Ubisoft should really try not to get a 18 rating. Many parents don't allow their childs to buy 18 rated games. (I'm on of the victims if it gets a 18 rating)

Impact93
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I suppose its in there best interest to keep the rating down, however being as the game is also coming out for PC (higher age demographic) I would be surprised if they activly tried to keep it down, i suppose they could do the Mortal Kombat thing and make it gory for one system and not the other, orrrrr they could be sneaky and put a scale on it like Turok did when it came out so you can add or remove the blood.

Although hight blood content for the sake of visual gore could be sen as a crutch, no blood would be pathetic

Thisgamecouldbe
10-06-2006, 02:00 PM
A blood on/off option.

Sandwarrior1990
10-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Realistic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

H_Eagle
10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OH_DragonBoy
10-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Saudus:
Realistic.

But Ubisoft should really try not to get a 18 rating. Many parents don't allow their childs to buy 18 rated games. (I'm on of the victims if it gets a 18 rating) No. They shouldn't try for any rating. They should instead make the game that they are passionate about, and if that takes it to an 18 rating or whatever, then so be it. I'd rather have a game made the way it was meant to be, than one that has been dumbed down just so my mummy and my daddy can buy the game for me legally.
Please http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Remember: SAY NO TO CENSORSHIP!

Phreaky_McGeek
10-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Realistic. I found it strange in PoP: WW how you could throw a sword at some guys chest and his head would pop off or he would vertically split in two.

ATFA666
10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saudus:
Realistic.

But Ubisoft should really try not to get a 18 rating. Many parents don't allow their childs to buy 18 rated games. (I'm on of the victims if it gets a 18 rating) No. They shouldn't try for any rating. They should instead make the game that they are passionate about, and if that takes it to an 18 rating or whatever, then so be it. I'd rather have a game made the way it was meant to be, than one that has been dumbed down just so my mummy and my daddy can buy the game for me legally.
Please http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Remember: SAY NO TO CENSORSHIP! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

butni
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I would just like realistic

Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
There wont be Mortal Kombat style blood, flowing off them in big drips and stuff, but i hope its gona be realistic...i have a feeling there wont be much blood as a high gore level means a higher game age limit, and i think ubi want this to stay mature so its aimed at a bigger target market.

yes but mature is as high as it goes as far as blood/gore only higher thing is AO and thats only for like nudity/sex so really they could put as much as they want in it

mattrdsx
01-22-2007, 06:00 PM
i would have no problem with extreme, but considering how this game is being done, it will most likely be realistic, seeing thats how they are designing the game

RetiredHatch
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
how are people even thinking that this game could ever merit a rating of 18+ even God of War didn't get past M and look at that game no matter how much blood there is (i'm hoping there isn't much realistically there really shouldn't be a fountain of it) it shouldn't get past M http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Agent_Alpha
01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I would like to see an amount of blood maybe a bit more than that seen in Hitman: Blood Money. Also, I would like to see actual damage on the target (Meaning if I stab a guy in the chest, I should see a hole in his shirt, as opposed to just blood squirting out of his pecs) and I should see some blood, but I don't want to see Kill Bill-style violence (ever) again.

Jcoo
01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Given the options, and the results, I ask you this. Who didn't see that one coming?

jouwmakker
01-23-2007, 07:32 AM
realistic

why?

because the game looks pretty realistic and it can still be a bit gory too ^^

i think its best for ubisoft not to make it a 18+ game (gears of war=extreme gory wich concludes too an 18+ rating wich leads to a bit of protest) 16+ and i think thats best http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LouieFrado
01-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I think that if they make it as blood as Saving Private Ryan. In the beggining when the kick butt sniper guy runs past those machine gunners and rolls into the gully...and he looks up at the pillbox and snipes the guy right through the neck...that is the correct amount of blood that should come out when Altair digs his blade into his targets neck. NO GTA ****

AwesPoss50
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm happy as long as there is a blood off button. Lots of blood and gore disgusts me and my parents wouldn't let me play it... Just wish they didn't swear either... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
WTF ????? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Bipolar Matt
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
lol. Holy thread necro, reviving a 5-year old topic.

blazefp
11-28-2011, 12:35 PM
This thread is actually older than the game O_o

freddie_1897
11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Thisgamecouldbe:
A blood on/off option. there IS a blood on/off option

AssassinTrio
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
I actually like the blood in AC1 the most. Every time you stuck a sword, dagger, or hidden blade in a person and/or take it out, the blood was like drizzly rain. That was the most realistic blood I've seen in all the AC games. It wasn't to noticeable though, which was one of the problems with it.

AC2 has the most blood, ACB was an improvement to it, and ACR was probably the second best. But the blood in AC2-ACR has been very very sloppy and it flies across the screen or sometimes even entire map when you kill someone.

Voltige2011
11-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Nothing excessively gory but with the physics of something like Prototype (http://prototype.wikia.com/wiki/Prototype_Wiki). If you hit a guy with fists blood shouldn't be as noticable as if you cleave thier skull with a bearded axe.
Just to phrase it all better, fist= no blood, heavy weapon= blood. Also blod that stains other things besides weapon and victim. Meaning blood on the floor please.

kriegerdesgottes
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
The problem here is that realistic in this case is gory. If you buried an axe into some guards head or did most of the moves that Ezio does in any of the AC games it would create lots and lots of blood. I personally just wish that the blood would pool around the bodies. That's all I'm asking. As it is it's a little unrealistic. Oh I just impaled a guy with a pike and a few spurts of blood come out. Come on it would be pouring out. I agree it prob shouldn't be gory but I think it could be done better.

Voltige2011
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
The problem here is that realistic in this case is gory. If you buried an axe into some guards head or did most of the moves that Ezio does in any of the AC games it would create lots and lots of blood. I personally just wish that the blood would pool around the bodies. That's all I'm asking. As it is it's a little unrealistic. Oh I just impaled a guy with a pike and a few spurts of blood come out. Come on it would be pouring out. I agree it prob shouldn't be gory but I think it could be done better.
So from that I assume you've niether seen nor played prototype. Blood and body physics were about half the game. If you have a hammer weighing about 3x the weight of the person your about to hit it gets gory. Just a normal hit to a person has almost little to no blood if I remember correctly.

Just to try and sum it up better again, attention to small details Ubi.

AssassinTrio
11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
You know what I've noticed about the combat and blood ever since AC2 came out? Is that whenever you hit a guards sword, it sounds like you're hitting his chest or something. And then blood gets all over the sword and the guard you're hitting.

What I don't understand is how does blood come out of a sword? That always irritated me when I was fighting guards from AC2-ACR. AC1, you actually made contact with the swords and either slowly broke down their defense or quickly broke it down.

Voltige2011
11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Weapons feel pain too? Ever used a broom to fight?

AssassinTrio
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
To be honest I don't know if you're being sarcastic lol.

What I mean is that whenever you hit a guards sword, they fall back as if you are hitting them then blood comes out of nowhere when you're only hitting the sword. It makes me mad lol.

AwesPoss50
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Haha! I feel amazing having brought a dead topic back to life! But yeah, I was pretty sure there was a blood on/off option, but I just wanted to make sure. So glad there is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SolidSage
11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
I want the streets to run red with it. I want it to splash the walls as I eviscerate my foes, the weapons to slip from my blood drenched hands (and maim hapless bystanders), AI to fall over in the quagmires of their allies blood sloshing at their ankles. The sky to rain blood red tears as ziplining leaves a red streak across the canvas, my blood red Assassin regailing in the delight of letting blood. Buckets and buckets soaking the sand, the channel crossing, rolling red seas!

MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! (and the option to turn it off, thanks).

Animuses
11-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by AwesPoss50:
Haha! I feel amazing having brought a dead topic back to life! But yeah, I was pretty sure there was a blood on/off option, but I just wanted to make sure. So glad there is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
It's annoying and against the rules to do so.

jmk1999
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
yes, it's necro posting, but i myself see no problem in it since it perhaps still has relevance for those concerned with the blood factor. although if i see people excessively going off track (or in the case of SolidSage, mocking the topic with sarcasm), it WILL be closed. honestly, i suspect a few people will voice their opinions and the thread will again disappear into oblivion (although i've been wrong before).

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Voltige2011:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
So from that I assume you've niether seen nor played prototype. Blood and body physics were about half the game. If you have a hammer weighing about 3x the weight of the person your about to hit it gets gory. Just a normal hit to a person has almost little to no blood if I remember correctly.

Just to try and sum it up better again, attention to small details Ubi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what about my comment made you think I've never played that piece of crap Prototype game and I don't mean to sound like a jerk but that game, outside of being terrible, went wayyyy overboard with blood. I don't want that to be the case in AC being that AC stays in the realm of plausible and realistic but my point was that a few spurts of blood after having your head crushed with an axe is imo unreasonable.

SolidSage
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
@Dom1999
What do you mean "mocking" the topic? Sure I got a little silly about it but I think my comment made it clear that I like the blood and that I want there to be more of it.

I liken my desire to the chapter in Odysseus, when he returns home to his villa to find all the suitors trying to claim his wife, the writer (Plato? I forget) likened him in the scene to a blood drenched lion, as he slaughtered the usurpers.

And how about in the movie Desperado, where El Mariachi has been wounded, and as he staggers along the street, he leaves a streak of blood along the wall where his injury touches it? Lots of blood. It can almost be used like paint on a canvas and a game like AC really makes good use of it as such, and I would have no problem with it being used more. Some of the images I depicted in my precious comment were ideas for how. Obviously not as exagerated, but that's what my comment was, exageration, not a mockery. I think it'd be pretty entertaining to have a weapon slip out of your hands from all the blood letting.

On a side note, and I don't mean this as an insult or an attack, I rented the movie that you use for your member image a while back (before I saw you had it). I thought it might be good but I was really dissapointed in the movie. I think it was aimed for a much younger audience, but that's hard to tell from the brief descriptions they give you.