PDA

View Full Version : Gone Native



Stormpen
07-19-2009, 08:35 AM
One thing I noticed in the Demo of the game was that the charachters speak in Italian a lot.

Eg: The archer who first sees Ezio's flying mahine shouts something like : "Acouze! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"

Carlo Rinaldi : "There he is! *Italian sentence*"

Ezio : I make the sactifice for the greater good... blah blah depache."

Does this mean ppl will be speaking in Italian a lot? Coz that will just drive me crazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif. In AC, Altair or anyone else does not speak in Arabic in the cutscenes.

Danvish
07-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, I don't care if they rummble a bit in Italian, as long as they don't do it too much and hurt the fluent gameplay (i.e S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC)

In ACI, most of the names were in Arabic, thought they spoke English, which was great.
And also, remember what Lucy told Altair? That the Animus is interperting the arabic to english? I think it'll be the same here, and the Italian voices are just for the impression in E3.

Xanatos2007
07-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I actually prefer it being in native tongue, they might have subtitles for the important bits. And Altair did speak Arabic in AC1, when saving citizens:

Rdoha alaih - Have at me.
Wayhak - You're in trouble.
Ala rislek - Stop.
Tamahhal - Slow down.
Eghrib an wejhy - Get out of my face.
^literal translations, they probably have more affect in Arabic^

And of course, the quote from my sig.

Danvish
07-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeh, actually I played the game today again, and I did notice that many of the guards/civilians do speak in Arabic.

Heh, your Arabic is quite good Xanatos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I guess there is nothing impossible, and anything is possible eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
One thing I noticed in the Demo of the game was that the charachters speak in Italian a lot.

Eg: The archer who first sees Ezio's flying mahine shouts something like : "Acouze! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"

Carlo Rinaldi : "There he is! *Italian sentence*"

Ezio : I make the sactifice for the greater good... blah blah depache."

Does this mean ppl will be speaking in Italian a lot? Coz that will just drive me crazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif. In AC, Altair or anyone else does not speak in Arabic in the cutscenes.

true, i did not recognize it before you mentioned it.

Btw, it's

Ezio : I make the sactifice for the greater good, <span class="ev_code_RED">but requiscat in pace</span>
which just means Rest in Peace.

Thats all i know. Maybe there are some Italians around here who can transalte the italian sentences in the demo trailer?

Atkamon
07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I actually prefer it being in native tongue, they might have subtitles for the important bits. And Altair did speak Arabic in AC1, when saving citizens:

Rdoha alaih - Have at me.
Wayhak - You're in trouble.
Ala rislek - Stop.
Tamahhal - Slow down.
Eghrib an wejhy - Get out of my face.
^literal translations, they probably have more affect in Arabic^

And of course, the quote from my sig.

The sentence in your sig means whats written above it?

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
No, it means "Nothing is impossible, anything is possible", which is another way of saying "Nothing is true, everything is permitted".

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 09:20 AM
When I said Altair does not speak in Arabic, I meant in the important cutscenes, not in the actual game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@ Xanatos2007

I'm impressed with your Arabic .....


Thats all i know. Maybe there are some Italians around here who can transalte the italian sentences in the demo trailer?

Yeah....

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
used some online translators

Acouze! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"

Acute! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"

if its the right word, the best translation would be like "look at this!" "what is that?!"

thats all i could figured out.

but i like how latin sounds.
nothing to do with the game, but sounds great (but just me)

The Lord's Prayer in latin English Translation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZBj1Runp8

This video was created to assist in learning the Credo in Latin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDortyyp228

pop song - nigrae legiones, ferus imperator,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRpteZVXKNo

anyway, back to the topic. maybe some produce of the game could tell us what the italian sentences mean???

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
the translations were already on a youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FlT6KalrmE here you go, and the last one when he was talking to the target was Requiscate di pachi -rest in peace

assassinfab
07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
Carlo Rinaldi : "There he is! *Italian sentence*"

Rinaldi said "Portatemi la sua testa" which means " bring me his head".


Originally posted by Stormpen:
Does this mean ppl will be speaking in Italian a lot? Coz that will just drive me crazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif. In AC, Altair or anyone else does not speak in Arabic in the cutscenes.

I think there will be some few basic italian expressions. I don't mind if they use a little Italian as I know basic Italian.

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
I just hope they don't go overboard with it...

"Hey, it'sa me, Ezio!" or when he shoots his victim, "Now that'sa spicy meatball!"

etseiotheasasen
07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I just hope they don't go overboard with it...

"Hey, it'sa me, Ezio!" or when he shoots his victim, "Now that'sa spicy meatball!"

haha or peter grifen frum familey guy "badabing bada boopa"

JoelEzioPinto
07-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Altaire Actually Does Speak Arabic In The Game, I Think It's At The End

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I would sure as hell like to have a subtitle everytime a guy is saying something in Italian.
I had no problem with the first game since I speak both Arabic and Hebrew, but I know other people did have problems with it, and I'll have problems with it coming ACII.