PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT Only had making a profit from customers when this game was being developed.

jca2007
07-06-2008, 06:21 AM
It seems with the short story line, only taking 6hours maybe less to beat the story line and nothing to do at the end, UBISOFT was only looking to make a profit from this easy game. They new people would be wanting a part 2 with the way this game ended. They should have finished it up, instead of making us wait for a part two and a silly ending. Great Customer Service you guys sure have. They do this in many other games as well. As in the Rainbow Six Series as well.

ScytheOfGrim
07-06-2008, 06:31 AM
All companies are looking to make money from their games. >_>
They wouldn't make them otherwise.

They're not forcing you to buy the second game, so if you want to buy it to see how the story plays out, then do so.
Even if the story didn't have a cliffhanger ending, and you liked it, then you would get the second game.

You're only angry because you're impatient.

kew414
07-06-2008, 06:34 AM
They're trying to make money now? Does their evil know no bounds?!

caswallawn_2k7
07-06-2008, 07:21 AM
damn these businesses trying to make money, what the hell are they thinking!?!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

iliekaltair
07-06-2008, 07:36 AM
LOL

jca2007
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Hmmm.....

Who said I was angry or impatient? My words? Maybe you should read between the lines of what I am saying.

Let me rephrase myself:

Of course you want to make a profit from the product you make. However, it wasn't in the customers favor. It was mainly a way for them to make more of a profit to make a game with 2 or more parts to the game instead of making one. It was to short. They should have finished the game off, then go to part 2 for the other artifacts. Make the game longer.

caswallawn_2k7
07-06-2008, 05:52 PM
long games are dead even the final fanatasy games are getting short now and they use to take hundreds of hours to compleat fully. that fact is this is the way games are going all flash and no content because quite a few game developers belive games are art so they dont care about the game play. But I actualy preferd AC to most of the other games I have played recently.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by jca2007:
Maybe you should read between the lines of what I am saying. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Or you could just do a better job explaining. Don't expect us to do all the work on a job half-done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The game is just fine actually, and it is long. You say six hours, or less? Really?

Well it took me thirty-six hours to beat the game, and I didn't waste any time piddling around.

I'd like to see anyone beat the game in six hours. All the cutscenes alone probably clog up two hours, so that gives you four hours to complete seven memory blocks. Yeah right.

The game isn't as long as some of the longer games out there today, but Cas makes an excellent point. Games in general are getting shorter, and for good reason.

caswallawn_2k7
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jca2007:
Maybe you should read between the lines of what I am saying. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Or you could just do a better job explaining. Don't expect us to do all the work on a job half-done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The game is just fine actually, and it is long. You say six hours, or less? Really?

Well it took me thirty-six hours to beat the game, and I didn't waste any time piddling around.

I'd like to see anyone beat the game in six hours. All the cutscenes alone probably clog up two hours, so that gives you four hours to complete seven assassinations. Yeah right.

The game isn't as long as some of the longer games out there today, but Cas makes an excellent point. Games in general are getting shorter, and for good reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
its easy if you only do the required number of investigations and use quick travle when ever you can so basicaly it is just people shortening the game for them self.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-06-2008, 06:30 PM
The first time around, I only did the required number as well, and I fast-forwarded memory to the city I wanted to go to. I didn't climb more high points than I needed to climb, and I didn't save citizens.

I didn't piddle around. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Who said I was angry or impatient? My words? Maybe you should read between the lines of what I am saying.
No, I said that you are angry and impatient. They were my words.
It's called deduction.

You bothered to come onto a gaming forum to whine about a company's marketing plan.
It's called milking.

Of course you want to make a profit from the product you make. However, it wasn't in the customers favor. It was mainly a way for them to make more of a profit to make a game with 2 or more parts to the game instead of making one. It was to short. They should have finished the game off, then go to part 2 for the other artifacts. Make the game longer.
Do you know that you blew your own argument out of the water there?

They know how big Assassin's Creed is, and they're not going to let the opportunity slip between their hands.
People never complain when established books have cliffhangers.
People never complain when established movies have cliffhangers.
Yet not matter how established a game is, you lot always hate a cliffhanger.

If it just about guarantees them sales, they'll do it, even if it means making short games, which, as cas pointed out, is the standard these days.

BSoD
07-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Do you complain about why they split lord of the ring into a trilogy instead of lumping everything together? Do you hate red alert, warcraft, starcraft for having an expansion? Do you complain about why they split all the tv show into series instead of showing Everything together?

Ubisoft did this not only to get profits, But to also gain popularity. Ubisoft makes game with fantastic storyline and it would be a great pity if it was all lumped into a single game.

It also give them time to add in new features, let the players mind flow with a cliffhanger. the more our mind flow, the more we want to find out the real ending. Lucy could be a new ally, or you could be playing as lucy, or something else. It creates the uniqueness in the game (for me perhaps).

Just wait.I believe AC 2 will be a great game.

caswallawn_2k7
07-07-2008, 05:07 PM
to add another reason for splitting up games it allows them to add more content and graphics as they are sharing the full thing over multiple discs.

jca2007
07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Well it gets hard when you have to keep chucking up $50 a game, just to find out the final ending of which should have been added already. Then they could have went on to part 2. They have the time to do it. It's called making time. They need time for more content you say? No they don't. They do it because they know if they make 3 million copies each sale for $50, they make an easily $150 mill. When that sells well they will do it again. Then add an extra map pack, or expansion pack for $10-$20. That's how the game companies get us, and get us hard. They don't want to take the time with making the games any more. They want to rush them out. With bugs, and flaws in the games.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jca2007:
Just to find out the final ending of which should have been added already. Oh my gosh. You have got to be bloody joking...

Assassin's Creed was a very long game. And if you think it's short, then it's because you are rushing it, not Ubisoft. Take your time. Sit down and actually enjoy the game, stop rushing it.

The game was very long in terms of storyline, and Ubisoft picked a very good place to stop for now. Plus, they probably stopped here for technical reasons. It's possible that AC2 and AC3 will be played as Desmond, and that means that they'd have to program about a dozen new maps for him to roam around in too, as well as design an entirely new gameplay mechanic for him, as I'm sure he won't be fighting with a sword. So unless you can find a way to fit that all on one disc and in one story, just keep dishing out the money. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
They do it because they know if they make 3 million copies each sale for $50, they make an easily $150 mill. When that sells well they will do it again. Yep.

And if you were in the business, so would you.

caswallawn_2k7
07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
your sales numbers are way off a high percentage of that $50 goes to the stores mark up and then there is another percentage goes to the publisher and what is left goes to the developers in the form of pay/production costs and any left over after all that is the profit.

besides when you are complaining about cliff hanger endings I bet you go the movies and complain when they leave a movie open so they can make another part or when a TV season ends and they leave it at an important point. its called building up susspense if they just end everything all done and finnished any other parts made from the same IP may as well be a totaly differant thing as why would people want to see it when it is going to be totaly differant.

MortMyre
07-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Not relevant to games, but producers of Harry Potter movies have said they'll make the last book into 2 separated movies. Keeping all in one would make it 5 hours = too long. Skipping too much content to make it shorter is not good either.

Same goes for some games too.

Sellara
07-09-2008, 07:44 AM
I agree with laurenisosmosh entirely!
what is the point of rushing games????
what do you do when you get to the end of assassins creed? remember its the journey not the end thats the funnest bit! Also of you dont want to spend $50 on the next assassins creed well thats your problem STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!! i personally reckon that assassins creed 2 will be great!!!