PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Complete Packaging & Shipping Info! [Updated 3/28]

AudibleKnight
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
We will for a limited time, provide the bonus materials to those who purchased a Canadian version of the game before 3/26/07. Please check here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/7561059835?r=5601087545#5601087545) for more details

EDIT: Packaging information has been updated with latest information. For more information on Canadian Packaging, please click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/7561059835?r=1091041545#1091041545)

March 9 Weekend Shipping Confusion (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/7561059835?r=9881030045#9881030045)

-----------------------------------------
Hello everyone, below is all the complete information I have on Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific and all the packaging info along with it. Especially of notice is the fact that the US Edition will be released on March 20th. This is a fact that was changed in part due to keep things fair and have it release closer to the EMEA/World wide editions (rather than being more than a week ahead). Hopefully this will clear up any earlier confusion, and keep things straight as the game gets closer and closer to release.

============================================
US Edition: Available 3/20/07

US Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore (http://store.ubi.com/) and major US Retailers and online stores
Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Premium Packaging
<LI> 100+ page manual including reference material
<LI> Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
<LI> Fold out ship recognition poster
<LI> Quick Reference Card
<LI> 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All)
[/list]

============================================
World-wide Editions: Available 3/22/07 (3/23/07 in UK)

1. Standard Retail version
49.99 € / 29.99
Available in Ubishop (http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=545&id=25) and major retailers and online stores
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Regular Packaging
<LI> 60 page manual
<LI> Map of the Pacific
<LI> Quick Keyboard Reference card
[/list]

2. Retail Collector Edition
54.99 € / 34.99 (prices may vary)
Amazon UK Exclusive (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NG36V6?ie=UTF8&tag=ubicom-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B000NG36V6) and select other major retailers and online stores
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Special packaging - card box
<LI> Standard SH4 extras (manual + map of the Pacific + quick keyboard reference card)
<LI> Recognition Manual perfect bounded (96 pages with Jap+US ships and US submarines from SH4)
<LI> Arm patch
<LI> Soundtrack CD
[/list]

3. E-shop Collector Edition
69.99€ / 49.99
Only 3,000 copies, only available in Ubishop (http://shop.ubi.com/sh4)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Special packaging - Tin box
<LI> Standard SH4 extras (manual + map of the Pacific + quick keyboard reference card)
<LI> High quality Recognition Manual spiral bounded (116 pages with extra bonus such as National Status Timeline, WWII Overview, WWII Medals, US submarine ranks)
<LI> Arm patch
<LI> Soundtrack CD
<LI> Set of 6 Postcards
<LI> Commemorative coin in it's box
<LI> Notebook
<LI> Mouse Pad
<LI> Pen
<LI> 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 2)
[/list]

Kaleun1961
03-05-2007, 06:29 PM
What is the region code for the US/Canadian version of the DVD? That information was cut off at the end of the line in your post, AK:

1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region

WilhelmSchulz.
03-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Will thoes who pre-ordered be able to get any of this?

Michou_03
03-06-2007, 06:07 AM
PLease i have got one answer:
Be-that there will be grenades under Fixes navy?

Roxxm
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
So they are pushing the release for the US version a week to be "fair"?

AudibleKnight
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
@Kaleun: Thanks for the heads up. I was told that it was a region 0 (ie: all region) DVD.

@WilhelmSchulz.: It all depends on where you pre-ordered. I included all the links to the different pre-orders in the Ubistore/Ubishop. If you ordered elsewhere, I can't tell you, sorry.

@Roxxm: I was told that it was in part to be "fair". Personally, I'd be really annoyed if some people got the game more than a week before I did. I'm not sure what other reasons may have played a part in this, as that's over my head.

Michou_03
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
PLEASE !
can you answer at my question???
Be-that there will be grenades under Fixes navy?

AudibleKnight
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
@Michou_03: I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but it doesn't seem to be about the packaging of the game. As far as I know there are no grenades included in any of the packages.

If your question is related to the game itself, you should probably post here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/2681003505), and try and explain further what you're asking about.

JG27_Arklight
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Audible, Thanks for the news!

I went ahead and copy and pasted this info over at Subsim as well.

mrky
03-07-2007, 03:23 AM
ive got a normal version and an SCE version preordered http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mariuszj1939
03-09-2007, 02:11 AM
E-shop Collector Edition
Only 3,000 copies

acc. to Ubisoft shopping :
Only <span class="ev_code_RED">437</span> units left
[updated on March, 8th - 8:00pm]

AudibleKnight
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone, there's been some talk in the forums about SH4 shipping early from the US Ubi store so that it will arrive in the next few days. I checked with my contact in the Ubi store, and have been informed that any e-mails received on this was due to a system error due to the change in release date. This means that unfortunately you will not receive your copy of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific this weekend. I figure it's better that you have an offial statement now, rather than be disappointed this weekend when nothing comes.

I was assured that the Ubi Store will ship the orders as soon as possible with the goal that everyone who pre-ordered at the US store will get it and be able to play on March 20th. I apologize for any confusion and disappointment caused by this. Thanks for your understanding.

JG27_Arklight
03-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by AudibleKnight:
Hey everyone, there's been some talk in the forums about SH4 shipping early from the US Ubi store so that it will arrive in the next few days. I checked with my contact in the Ubi store, and have been informed that any e-mails received on this was due to a system error due to the change in release date. This means that unfortunately you will not receive your copy of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific this weekend. I figure it's better that you have an offial statement now, rather than be disappointed this weekend when nothing comes.

I was assured that the Ubi Store will ship the orders as soon as possible with the goal that everyone who pre-ordered at the US store will get it and be able to play on March 20th. I apologize for any confusion and disappointment caused by this. Thanks for your understanding.

What emails?

The "My Orders" page says "Quantity Shipped: 1" (like a lot of other people's). I never got an email. Also, when I called down to Ubisoft this morning, the sales representative told me that pre-orders would be shipping either Friday (today) or Monday (next Monday).

Any ideas, Audible?

Sturat66
03-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Here is the response I received from "Ubisoft Store Customer Care" <UbisoftStore@ubi.com>

Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store Support department.
Shipment notice for Your Order Number: UBW-****** was sent to Ditan Indianapolis on March 8th 2007 12:23( our warehouse) but your order will be ship on March 13th,2007. If you wish to speak with a customer care rep, please call toll free 1-888-824-7038 (between 9 AM and 8 PM Eastern Time, Monday to Friday).

We appreciate your interest in Ubisoft games and your business at the Ubisoft Store!

Regards;
Thierry

So AudibleKnight, are the orders shipping on March 13th,2007 or are they not??

JG27_Arklight
03-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Sturat66:
Here is the response I received from "Ubisoft Store Customer Care" <UbisoftStore@ubi.com>

Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store Support department.
Shipment notice for Your Order Number: UBW-****** was sent to Ditan Indianapolis on March 8th 2007 12:23( our warehouse) but your order will be ship on March 13th,2007. If you wish to speak with a customer care rep, please call toll free 1-888-824-7038 (between 9 AM and 8 PM Eastern Time, Monday to Friday).

We appreciate your interest in Ubisoft games and your business at the Ubisoft Store!

Regards;
Thierry

So AudibleKnight, are the orders shipping on March 13th,2007 or are they not??

I called Ubi and spoke to a representative yesterday morning, and I was told it was probably going to possibly ship Friday (yesterday), and if not then, Monday. He did say the fact I had Overnight shipping had something to do with it. I'm not usre how this applies to all orders though.

mariuszj1939
03-16-2007, 05:40 AM
10 pcs of E-shop Collector Edition will be sold in Poland by local distributor
http://www.sklep.cenega.pl/index.php?m1=kp&m2=prod&p_id=2494
and .... that's good I ordered it directly by Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Cost is higher here by PLN 40,- = GBP 7,- = USD 13,60 !
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

RoyalHighlander
03-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Kaleun1961:
What is the region code for the US/Canadian version of the DVD? That information was cut off at the end of the line in your post, AK:

1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region
1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All)

RoyalHighlander
03-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I checked my order status at the Ubisoft store and it said it was shipped on the 8th of MArch??? What gives then

John_W_IXB
03-18-2007, 06:57 PM
hi im new user here, i would like to know you said the premier package

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

* Premium Packaging
* 100+ page manual including reference material
* Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
* Fold out ship recognition poster
* Quick Reference Card
* 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

will this package be availblle at retail stores like EB games, bestbuy, futureshop etc.. in Canada??

Gilboooo
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Received an email yesterday about the shipping !
Collector's edition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JCC2003
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by John_W_IXB:

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores

* Premium Packaging
* Quick Reference Card
* 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

will this package be availblle at retail stores like EB games, bestbuy, futureshop etc.. in Canada??

All Canadian purchasers should be aware that it appears that the Canadian edition only contains the DVD and a 45 page manual.

None of the bonus material (Map, keycard, Documentary, 100 page manual, recognition poster, reference card) is included and the price is higher than stated.

I have already registered my concerns with ubisoft support.

JCC

RCAF_Gunner
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Same Canadian experience here. I pre-ordered from EB Games on the basis of the limited time special packaging. I feel rather ripped off because of the missing materials. If I'd known it was going to be standard packaging I would have waited a few months for the bugs to be worked out and the price to come down.

I've also submitted an email to Ubi Support. Not sure if it'll do any good but perhaps if enough people complain the short comings will be addressed.

JCC2003
03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Well... I just got a response from "Jason" at Ubisoft.

"Thank you for contacting Ubi Soft Technical Support. Unfortunately, Technical Support does not have any access to ordering information. To order any Ubi Soft product, or for information about release dates, please visit our online store at http://store.ubi.com/."

He then changed my problem to "Solved"

Beginning to think we may have to persue this through a number of complaints to Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada, for a Misleading Advertising Investigation.

But first lets see what AudibleKnight comes up with.

JCC

RCAF_Gunner
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I got the same blurb PLUS:

"The Limited Edition that you are describing is only available in Europe, and has never been advertised as being available in North America. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

which was also, from "Jason" and my ticked was also flagged as "Solved". I had included a link to this thread in my email. This thread is what prompted me to pre-order because it very explicitly says in the first post the US/Canada version would include the DVD, etc, where as when I looked into ordering the super deluxe edition it was supposedly UK only and a Region 2 DVD. So what gives? I agree that we've been seriously mislead.

Anyway, I doubt we'll get any satisfaction from Ubi. A real explanation, an apology and a rebate would be nice. In the meantime, I *will* be telling my friends to hold off buying this game until it hits the $20 CDN price mark. That's what SH3 is currently selling for and I don't see SH4 being worth the extra $40 from my initial impressions.

Rick

shunterkir
03-25-2007, 08:37 AM
" "The Limited Edition that you are describing is only available in Europe, and has never been advertised as being available in North America. Thank you for your understanding in this matter." "

That is not true. The contents in the box is stated on their website and in this 'Official' form. And I got the same content as you other Canadians: 1 dvd disk and 1 english/french manual, nothing else. I bought mine at Best Buy here in Toronto. The spine of the case even has a multi disc logo. Man we got screwed so bad.

Shunter

JCC2003
03-26-2007, 06:08 AM
This reply is almost comical.

Look at the top of this page for the link...

"Buy Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific now! US/Canada version"

When you click the link you get the full feature list.

As well, from what I can determine, the bonus material is available in the US.

Time to check in with AudibleKnight...

JCC

I_Robot1967
03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by John_W_IXB:

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99

* Premium Packaging
* Quick Reference Card

I bought at EB only 42 pgs manual thats it.

AudibleKnight
03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone. I have been investigating the issue. here is what I found in a nice Q&A format:

1. What? I can't find the Limited Time Edition with the premium packaging, large manual, fold out map and recognition manual, quick reference card, and documentary DVD in any of my local Canadian retail stores!
Yes that is correct. Unfortunately, the Limited Time Edition is NOT available in Canadian retail stores.

2. So what about that information that you posted in this thread earlier?
At the time I had posted this information, I was told that it was all true. Unfortunately, I've found out now that was not the case. I apologize for sharing this incorrect information, but that is what I was told at the time.

3. So what is in the packaging in the Canadian retail stores?
From what I've been told, this package only contains the game disk, and English and French Canadian manuals.

4. So if I live in Canada, where can I purchase the limited time edition?
Canadians who want to purchase the Limited Time Edition may purchase it in the US Ubi Store (http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=68343).

5. Bonus material is listed right on the box of the package I bought, but it was not actually inside the packaging! What's going on?
If bonus material is listed on the box (but was not in the package), then the retailer received the US version and is responsible for providing a complete copy of the game, not Ubisoft.

6. I'm very angry about this whole issue! Where can I voice my anger about this?
I completely understand that you would be very angry and frustrated if you were in this situation. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything further to help. Please go to Ubisoft Customer Support (http://support.ubi.com) as that is the best place to let your voices be heard on this matter.

Once again, I apologize for this misinformation and any frustration this has caused. When I posted this information, I was told that it was true. If you have any further questions, please relate that to Ubisoft Customer Support. Thank you.

JCC2003
03-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Not good enough.

Not only have you posted this BUT it is still on the web-link at the top of the Forum main-page.

I guess this is a case of Misleading Advertising for Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada.

JCC

JCC2003
03-26-2007, 07:29 PM
And as far as going to Ubisoft Customer Support I really wouldn't bother. You will receive a form e-mail saying that Orders aren't their problem and they will switch your complain to "Solved". If you post an update to the question they don't even answer, they just ignore you and change it back to "Solved".

As soon as I get the appropriate Federal Government Department contact information for a Misleading Advertising investigation I will post them.

JCC

Oh... and you might want to take another look at your sig. In light of this it would seem somewhat inappropriate.

JCC2003
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
From another thread (and edited for context)...

If you look at the top of the main forum page you will see a link that says...

"Buy Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific now! US/Canada version"

If you click that link you will be taken to a page that STILL describes the contents that are in dispute.

I imagine Audibleknight is caught between a rock and a hard place on this issue, BUT the fact remains that the official Ubisoft website for this product still says that you will recieve the bonus materials, even after we have been told that we won't. They are knowingly misleading the consuming public and for all I know people are still buing the product based on this misleading advertising.

So what, exactly are the laws in Canada that govern this kind of behaviour?

Well, under sections 52(1) of the Competition Act, it is an offence for anyone, for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, the supply or use of a product or , for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, any business interest, by any means whatever, knowingly or recklessly, to make a representation to the public that is false or misleading in a material respect.

Simply put, the claim by Ubisoft on their own website that Canadian consumers will receive the bonus material when Ubisoft now knows that not to be true means that they are in violation of this section of the act.

I am willing to give this a few more days for them to come to their senses, but if they do not, I will be back with the information people will need to have the Federal Government start an investigation under the provisions of the Competition Act.

The fines in these matters can be rather severe.

Stay tuned.

JCC

JCC2003
03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
OK... this is bordering on the comical.

They have changed the link at the top to say "US Version"

Unfortunately for them I have date stamped copies of the website for every day since the product release.

It's reeeeeeeeeally becoming hard to give these people the benefit of the doubt.

But, if they want to play silly beggars then then they are in luck. I'm the East Coast Distributor.

JCC

AudibleKnight
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
As I had editted this first post to reflect the most recent information I got, I also editted the links to the online store as you were complaining about it.

As stated in the questions above, those in Canada can still purchase the US copy from the US Ubisoft store and will receive all the bonus material that is available in the US.

Personally, I'm just trying to correct the information which I have now been informed is incorrect. That's all.

Souleech
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
You're not the one we're blaming AudibleKnight...we're blaming Ubisoft itself.

JCC2003
03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Complaining or pointing out a case of misleading advertising?

Tomato...Tomahto.

Anyhoo...

While I understand your attempt to get the toothpaste back in the tube it doesn't alter the fact that a number of people, myself included, have purchased the product already, with the understanding, given to them by Ubisoft, that it would include the material.

Now I know you can't possibly be suggesting that we buy a SECOND copy to sort out Ubisoft's indiscretion so I really don't understand that point.

No matter.

And as far as the on-line help... well other than not replying to my updated query all they do is change it to "Solved" and go on their merry way.

So one last question... just to be sure.

Am I to understand that there no way that Ubisoft intends to live up to their commitment to supply the bonus material to Canadian consumers who purchased the product BEFORE you changed the Website?

I really don't mean to be snarky here, but it will be important to have Ubisoft's final say on the matter before proceeding through other, more official channels.

Thanks

JCC

Iski19
03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
SO, here we are almost a week after release only to find out no one is willing to help..I can get NO where with UBI support...they say it's not there fault...so now what JCC???

Is it not ironic that people who live in canada who if good faith thought they were grtting the extra packaging helped UBI put SHIV on the number one spot on the software sales list...but took our money but not supporting us......I hate to see such a great sim go down the tubes over a few hundred DVD's and posters...
Just my 2 cents

JCC2003
03-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh.. the Sim won't suffer over this. Nor should it. I think it a great product and will get better as Dan and his team continue to work on it.

However the way that Ubisoft Canada is treating their customers, and this polite dismissal we are receiving here simply won't do.

In all honesty, other than the map I really don't care (the map is an important part of the game and wasn't included as a .pdf in the Documentation file). Sure I was looking forward to the Documentary DVD (for gettin' in the mood and all) but if I really wanted it I would just buy it from Periscope Films. I'm workin'.

No... this (sadly) has become a matter of principle.

So what next.

Well.. we really have to bend over backwards to show our good faith and give them a chance to either make this right or slam the door.

If the former... GREAT. My much proclaimed (proir to this) faith in Ubisoft is restored.

If the latter... stay tuned.

JCC

Zamy11
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
This is wot yamato look's like
http://www.battleshipyamato.info/
why doesnt yours ?

AudibleKnight
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
We've been working very hard to try and fix this situation of the Canadian packaging of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, and how it did not contain the bonus material that was announced here in the forums and online. We will for a limited time, provide the bonus materials to those who purchased a Canadian version of the game before 3/26/07 (when the update of information was made). Below are more details:

Please contact our support team either by:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The "Ask a Question" feature in the FAQs section at http://support.ubi.com
<LI>By phone at 919-460-9778[/list]

You will be informed that you are required to provide a photocopy of the cover of the game as well as a photocopy of your purchase receipt. They will then give you an address to send these materials to claim your bonus materials. After it has been received and verified, you will be sent the expanded manual, quick reference card, ship recognition poster, map and bonus documentary DVD.

Other things to take note of are that supplies are limited, and so we may not be able to fulfill all requests. Also, please be patient after mailing the photocopies of your game cover and receipt as it takes time for the materials to be sent there, for requests to be processed, and for everything to be sent out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try our best to correct this situation.

Flick_U56
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
While quantities last mmmmm..... another loop hole and you call your self AudibleKnight
US Ubisoft Community Manager

what should have been made available is a website for those that bought the game and enter there cd key for authentication and not having to show proof of purchase and mailing it in. We live in the 21st century and to me all business is done through computers online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Souleech
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
AudibleKnight, like i said previously, i know that you're not the one who took the decision to reduce the Canadian Edition. But one thing for sure that i would like to know is, why or on what did Ubisoft based their self by giving us that kind of low grade edition???

I know that i'm asking a lot but, i want to know. It is just a question of respect my friend...that's all...

I really hope that you will be able to provide us an answer so we can raise our attitude vs Ubisoft because right now, it is very low.

I appreciate the offer for those who bought the game before the 26th, but we still gonna be stuck with the lowest worldwide grade edition and that, that is bugging me a lot.

RCAF_Gunner
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by AudibleKnight:
We've been working very hard to try and fix this situation of the Canadian packaging of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, and how it did not contain the bonus material that was announced here in the forums and online. We will for a limited time, provide the bonus materials to those who purchased a Canadian version of the game before 3/26/07 (when the update of information was made). Below are more details:

Please contact our support team either by:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The "Ask a Question" feature in the FAQs section at http://support.ubi.com
<LI>By phone at 919-460-9778[/list]

You will be informed that you are required to provide a photocopy of the cover of the game as well as a photocopy of your purchase receipt. They will then give you an address to send these materials to claim your bonus materials. After it has been received and verified, you will be sent the expanded manual, quick reference card, ship recognition poster, map and bonus documentary DVD.

Other things to take note of are that supplies are limited, and so we may not be able to fulfill all requests. Also, please be patient after mailing the photocopies of your game cover and receipt as it takes time for the materials to be sent there, for requests to be processed, and for everything to be sent out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try our best to correct this situation.

AudibleKnight, Thank you for your part in helping to sort out this mess. This is a step in the right direction on the part of Ubisoft.

Rick

Arrowhead2k6
03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm very pleased with this decision, and I'm prepared to do what I need to do to claim the bonus material.

But, I agree with Flick_U56, a simple CD-KEY should be enough, unless you have no way of knowing for sure that my CD-KEY is infact Canadian or not. Regardless, you would find that my mailing address sure is!

So please, one final request. Save me the hassle in 2007 of having to lick a postage stamp. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JCC2003
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
As far as I am concerned Ubisoft has come through and decided to do the right thing. You have confirmed my faith and I thank you.

Assuming all goes smoothly, as far as I am concerned, this should be the end of it.

Thanks for your help and perservence. I know it was probably difficult.

JCC

John_W_IXB
03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
will we then get our reciepts back, are u asking for the game manual, cd, and recipet of purchase??

Big_Lebowski_x
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I can't get into the support site. It's been like this before.

"The site encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later or contact us if the problem persists"

"The page you tried to access was not found. It is possible that the page has moved or that you entered an incorrect URL"

"ubi.com may also be temporarily unavailable due to routine server maintenance. Please check back later."

So now I have to call UBI, long distance charges apply I suppose it's NOT a 1-800 number.

What a pain in the *** this all is. I wish I never bought this game. I can't even play it right now because of the resolution fiasco and crash bugs.

i phoned that nuber and got someones personal cellphone..

Iski19
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey guys I called teh number listed earlier in the post and all i had to do was submit a scaned copy of my recipt and box..and gave them my address.

Flick_U56
03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I called and a confirmation email was sent to me asking to fax the receipt and copy of game cover.

I did that this morning and now waiting for the bonus material.

LTD.KUNNINGHAM
03-31-2007, 04:49 AM
im a littlebit confused why it takes so long..
it said 72 hours after shipping date thats around 3 days.. im now on day 5!!!

whats happening?? who can help me..
(its free of charge mail)

fedup11964
04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
After seeing that all the box content is missing, that the piddly manual I do have doesn't even cover all the basics (like how to use the hydrophones...am I supposed to intuit that home/end rotates it?!!!), that the original released version is bug-ridden and that the patch release introduces other bugs (including a game-crashing "maintain current depth" command), I have never been more thoroughly disgusted with any software purchase. Do you people even have a quality department or do you consider the paying customers to be your personal beta-testers?! Either you people are completely incompetent, or completely unscrupulous (as if you didn't know the game was still unfinished). Either way, I've had it with you.

And to top it off, I have to send in a receipt and photocopy of my box to claim the material I was promised in your advertising?!! I would have thought I could at least get a pdf of a competent manual and a printable key reference chart after signing in with my serial, but no, I have to jump through hoops and wait for you to send it to me -assuming I'm lucky and get one "while supplies last"?!!!

Take your game and shove it...but you'll have dig through my garbage can to find it coz on principle, I'll never be able to bring myself to play it no matter what you do. This is the last time I ever, EVER buy anything with "Ubisoft" on the box.

We need a government body formed to protect consumers from software corporations like you. As far as I'm concerned, when any software title is released in this inexcusable condition, the company should be fined for every cent of profit it makes from the title until it is fixed. Hopefuly the bad ones would go out of business lickety-split and set an example for the rest.

I'm filing a formal complaint against Ubisoft with the Canadian authorities. Something seriously needs to be done about the software industry, and this title is a perfect example of why.

And don't anyone bother flaming me, I don't care what you think if you're one of the sheep who are so used to getting burnt that they think it's just a natural way of life. You're as big a part of the problem as the greedy software corporations who think quality assurance is only a secondary consideration.

Sincerely,
Your most disgusted ex-customer ever.

Scopehead
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
hahahah 1 days after the anonce about the canadian package i send my question to ubisoft for the package and i receve a anwser

this ofer is for a limited time lol 1 days its not tool long sorry i cant help you

its last time il got a game from ubisoft

brygun
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Well quick comment:

Haivng bought on the 28th I would have hoped it would have been more sweeping but not as printed material.

Printed material isn't a snap of the fingers to make. You have to budget for 1,000s of copies to be run off by a printer and shipped. That is why they say "while supplies last". They aren't going to do another physical print run.

$50 US > $50 Canadian
Game profits are much slimmer than in other industries. If they where to do a physical print and ship for $5-8$ per CDN copy there would no longer be any profit makig it a worthless project.... so I understand that decision.

However... why can't we get a download?

There is maybe some risk of KEYGEN pirates getting it. Or using the website to confirm keygens. But really... is that enough to deny it to the loyal purchasers?

Im curious about the extra stuff and as others have stated this is the electronic age. The cost to release as a download is much much less.

You don't even have to have a password... afterall the downloaded manual becomes advertising for your game. The periscope photoage, also a possible download, advertisers the game genre... where Ubisoft is far ahead of competition.

I am happy with the game and consider the CDN issues minor.

Are we to hope someone will YouTube the periscope photoage? I hope not.

Ubi, can you please arrange a download of the material? It would become advertising for you and a good faith action.

bobbyjimbarrett
04-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I bought the game the 28th and didn't even realize things were "missing" from the package. Sure the extras would be nice, and if I had bought the game prior to the 26th I would have pursued them.

Perhaps next time there will be a clear warning to the consumers that the product that they are going to purchase is different from the one being advertised.

Oh well.

Jamsac
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifHappy to announce that my special edition, ordered online prior to March 19, when it was shipped, arrived on the west coast of Canada today, April 3, all extras listed on the website and the package are present. Thank you UBI, and to the rest of you, persist!!
Now if I can just get SHIII to work again.
jamsac

Jamsac
04-04-2007, 01:53 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifUpdate to my above post'Happy to announce', well, today after installing and attempting to run the game and then getting the bill in the mail, all happiness is gone. The game crashed or froze 5 times during the install, setup, initialize process. I still have been unable to play it. Then as I said my bill comes in the mail, and to my dismay, after ordering the ltd tin box edition for $49.99 Cdn. from the Ubi.ca site and receiving the deluxe, no tin box edition and getting charged $58.99 US. plus the exchange. $71.00 for a game that won't run and by looking at the bug thread is no better prepared than a Microsoft beta release.

jamsac http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Flick_U56
04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Well good news I received my bonus material today and I was very impressed.

A complete package from UBI. Thank you UBI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DarkWolf29
04-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm a canadian who purchased the game after the cut off date for eligability to order the extra content. I've noticed the canadian version of the game installs a PDF of the full manual, as well as a couple of .JPGs of the keycard. But no sign of the map. I recently purchased SHIII and was impressed with the map that comes with it.

So I'm wondering, would there be any possibility of making the Wolves of the Pacific map available in the form of a .jpg or some such? Maybe even the ship recognition poster could be provided in this fashion?

DW

Flick_U56
04-20-2007, 05:42 PM
DarkWolf29

Sorry to hear that you got the game after the cut off date for eligibilty to receiving the bonus material.

I'm the wrong person to ask about having the map and ship recognition poster into a jpg format.

You can try asking the same question at subsim

www.subsim.com (http://www.subsim.com) those guys there will be in a better position to answer your question if it's possible and also if one of them can do it for you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OG Wretch
08-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I got a full package of map, manual and bonus DVD
ordering from Best Buy here in NA.

Unfortunately, I still haven't resolved the screen resolution so I can play the game but,
my issue here is with the fact that the DVD will not play at all.

jeffparkerus
03-03-2017, 05:53 PM
but I think you should add one more thing, which is gift, actually a unique custom gift packaging.