PDA

View Full Version : IP address by community

Barracus0411
03-21-2005, 01:06 AM
I appear to have got myself banned from all ubi forums since registering Silent Hunter III, the IP address they quote isn't even mine. Anybody got any ideas?

Longjocks
03-21-2005, 01:37 AM
I can't help there. But I have an IP problem of my own. I was temporarily banned after a misunderstanding in the BIA forum and for some reason it included an IP ban as well. Usually this is a separate task done for problem users who re-register under different names - but maybe the Ubi forums are wired up oddly.

Anyway, the IP banned is that of my work computer and not my home one. After the ban on my account was lifted I was able to log in at home, like I am now from a mate's place, but the IP ban is still in effect at work. Mind you, I work at a university and I know of one workmate who visits these forums and he is effectively banned when accessing from his work computer. I can only imagine how many students who are residents and gamers that can't visit these forums any more.

I'll have to find out who to contact about this...

whiteladder
03-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Barracus0411

Same happened to me this weekend, your ISP isn`t NTL by any chance?

If you do a pathping (if you have w2k)on the ip address is will probably show your isp`s router

mark

Barracus0411
03-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Whiteladder, yes I'm with NTL, I had my suspicions about that. Thanks for verification, now I'm wondering how to get the ban lifted

steve_v
03-21-2005, 05:54 AM
PT me with the IP address and I will look into it this afternoon.

Barracus0411
03-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Ban lifted, cheers everybody

HoosBB
03-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Proxies are your friend. Make sure to get an anonymous one. I won't post where to get them but a quick google search should do the trick.

Beaufort-RAF
03-21-2005, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whiteladder:
Barracus0411

Same happened to me this weekend, your ISP isn`t NTL by any chance?

If you do a pathping (if you have w2k)on the ip address is will probably show your isp`s router

mark <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

I'm on NTL & a while it back I couldn't get on these forums for about 5 days as it said I was banned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif