PDA

View Full Version : All aircraft on multiplayer?

psykopatsak
11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
There is some multiplayer maps that use AI aircraft that are only flyable if you download something.

I wonder:
A) what is this something?

B) is it compatible with vanilla game and such, or does the server have to be a special one?

DKoor
11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
They are dogfight maps (missions).
Make one mission for yourself in FMB (full missions builder).
Place a airfield base.
Select that base and pick from the list of planes you want to be able to select there once when in mission.

Easy as that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

doraemil
11-09-2009, 02:18 AM
are you asking for how to play mulitplayer maps?

Or looking to fly AI only planes?

I'm assuming you want AI planes to be a selectable in the multiplayer maps . . .

for #1, google all aircraft arcade . . .

#2, not compatible. YOu can only play on that server if your version matches exactly what the server is running.

SOme servers are latest official patch only, others are last offical patch, but the most populous ones have the mods.

The game will tell you if your IL-2 version can't connect due to service / client differences in versions. . . .

Romanator21
11-09-2009, 03:15 AM
In FMB select a Home base, and add all the aircraft to that base.

Open up your skins folder, and look at the names of the aircraft.

Now go into the mission file that you saved, and add these names manually, along with the other flyables, and save.

Now in an online dogfight you can select AI aircraft in outside view, without the use of mods.

psykopatsak
11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
thanks for the answers. now i ment online, sorry for not clarifying.

Now in an online dogfight you can select AI aircraft in outside view, without the use of mods.

but then i sometimes cannot control it?

Romanator21
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
You can control it. I forgot to mention that online with an AI plane it's important to select a regular flyable first. Then hit refly (you shouldn't have to take-off) and then select the AI plane.

This doesn't work on Full-real servers like Zekes vs Wildcats. To fly AI there you will need the mods.

psykopatsak
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Awesome, thanks