PDA

View Full Version : The Official "What is your favorite thing about AC2?" Thread (Gameplay Edition)

Pages : [1] 2

UbiGabe
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey everybody!

So, there has been a lot of great discussion going on and we have quite a few threads dedicated to what you would like in both future DLC releases and any sequels we may or may not have planned ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), but I thought I would create a thread specifically for your favorite gameplay-related things in AC2.

So, what kind of things did you most like to do in Assassins' Creed 2? Which mission type is your favorite?

BK-110
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
My favorite gameplay element is the free running. Everything else is a very close second, though. But I think that the social stealth system should be incorporated a bit more. It should be important to blend in at times. The free running is a great way to get around, but it steals all the spotlight. Shifting some of that focus on the social stealth, which, after all, is supposed to be a central element, would be awesome. In the next game, I'd like to see social stealth being a great deal more important. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As for my favorite mission type: Both Assassination and Race. Assassinations for obvious reasons, although I think that they should be a bit harder. Race because I love running against the time with the game's awesome free running system! :3

Bhadva_back
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Everything was perfect gameplay wise in AC2 apart from the AI. Can the diffculty level for the AI be tunned up?

LaurenIsSoMosh
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
One of my favorite things about Assassin's Creed II was the trail mission type. Tracking your targets through alleys and across rooftops is really fun. Throwing out those "LOL THINK FAST!" moments was also fun and suspenseful when you have to stop at corners and duck into crowds when your target turns around, or when they pass through a guard line into a restricted area and you have to climb the building really fast in hopes that you don't lose them.

It was a bit simple and overly easy most of the time, but it delivered a very rewarding feeling.

senile old coot
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM
spear/halberd counter kills! no explanation needed really

ThePheonix1030
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I actually loved the fist combat. And free running.

The assassinations contracts were my favorite missions to do.

imjared1987
01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
everything in AC2 is perfect for me and i love both hidden blades and smoke bombshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif second gameplay thing is "HOW LOOKS EZIO AFTER FEW YEARS" (scar on his face, facial hair)

killersensa2008
01-15-2010, 08:51 PM
definately the fist fight finishing moves, there were sweet! i could watch them all day. And the double air assasinations and air tackles. but i probably had most fun doing the tombs, there were a nice change and an awsome reward. oh and please make civilians killable on mass in the next game. muahah.

Seabeest
01-15-2010, 11:02 PM
My favorite thing about Assassin's Creed 2 was the social interaction. All the people helping you out in mysterious ways made it all the more interesting to play, especially Leo. The story was just so all-encompassing that I don't know what to do now that there's no more of that, besides wait for AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cpt_Yanni
01-16-2010, 06:17 AM
I love the free running in combination with the Double hidden blades... Also the fireworks were cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nightcobra
01-16-2010, 06:31 AM
since assassins have to adapt their methods over the centuries to match the times, how are you thinking of making desmond blends with others? for example, instead of tailors that can change the outifts color, how about clothes shops that make desmond blend in more or less effectively with the clothes he's wearing like casual clothes blend in well with normal people but not so much with people using formal or business suits, and the reverse would also apply wearing a formal suit in a crowd of dare i say construction workers. this would make you think a little more on how to approach your target.

nightcobra
01-16-2010, 06:39 AM
as for ac2 goes i really liked it, but i have a few pointers on things most people noticed:

the dead guards physics could be improved, they usually spaz out on the floor or just fall when i intend to throw them when i impale them with a sword and kick them in the back.

let's see, the enemy ai could still be a little higher battle-wise.

entering a city with a horse would be nice, just don't make him follow ezio and make it so that the horse doesn't run, only walk while inside the city.

nightcobra
01-16-2010, 07:47 AM
and as to what i most liked, that would have to be...a close tie between the free running, the combat (i know the combat's easy but it doesn't make it the less awesome)and the horse riding (more vehicle based missions would be brilliant to the game).

ps: i'm assuming desmond will ride a motorcycle?

Bhadva_back
01-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by killersensa2008:
definately the fist fight finishing moves, there were sweet! i could watch them all day. And the double air assasinations and air tackles. but i probably had most fun doing the tombs, there were a nice change and an awsome reward. oh and please make civilians killable on mass in the next game. muahah.

But that would be going against the creed?

ApocaLeepse
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
My favourite thing has to be the new customization you guys have put into Assassin's Creed II. It could do with a little bit of tweaking however, since there isn't an unequip option (one of the key options in an inventory menu). I'm a bit of a cosmetic obsessive person, you see. Sometimes I think it would be cool to see Ezio in his normal clothes, or his Assassin's outfit without all the armour, or even (spoiler) that Guard armour he gets hold of during the story.

CGaryan
01-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Well, Assassins Creed

Level Designs are Just Awesome.
Loved its Epic Style.

Cheers,
Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Dom0803-GTANet
01-17-2010, 12:34 PM
The features in AC2 were spectacular.

My favourite sort of mission is one involving secrecy. Such as the final mission where you have to stay hidden amongst the monks, picking off the guards without being noticed. That's a great sort of mission.

Also, the game could be a little more challenging in some aspects. For example, missions where you have to stalk someone on foot and they disappear down an alley, behind some guards that are obviously in the way.

It's easy to combat this - simply scale the building - but it would be good if this required more thought, such as the required use of your surroundings (either by hiding or sneaking & killing quietly - not just climbing)

More 'tomb-raider' styled gameplay would be nice. Something which requires you to use your brain to get the mission done, not just follow the obvious in-game markers. Preferably to a frustrating degree.

TwinIltani
01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Trying to distract us from locked game saves and trophy issues, eh? How very Templar of you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

I jest, I jest.

I enjoyed side missions the most.

Vertical Slice upped the assassination challenge in precisely the right amount and required some planning and stealth, as opposed to just knocking off a target and either making a run for it or massacring whoever was left standing. Peacekeeper was a jaw dropping moment ("Wait, what? 10 Brutes in 2 minutes? REALLY?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ) all on its own, and a nice break away from the usual tail\find\eliminate approach.

The Casanova courier mission was a lot of fun, mainly because it allowed for different approaches. Speedy Delivery was quite cool as well, and likely resulted in a lot of obscenities being slung on first play through. I also liked the tiny addition of being able to read the letters Ezio was tasked with delivering - very nice touch for those of us who enjoy snooping on occasion.

All the races were challenging enough, though Horseplay gets its own award for reasonably juicy setup and conclusion. Oh, how I cackled. It also gets points for actually having a little story line of its own - certainly something I would like to see employed more often.

Obligatory Whine - The run of the mill assassination missions (tail an NPC\locate & eliminate) do eventually get tedious. I will venture a thought here that a good chunk of it has to do with the enemy AI. It doesn't really matter whether you get to follow a gondolier to a ship or a thief to a roof when at the very end it takes you about a nanosecond to conclude the mission. There is no challenge in barging in (or sneaking in) and dispatching the target along with a contingent of numpties that was supposed to protect him.

Nearly tied with side missions is the Rome memory - Il Bocca Al Lupo. Lovely historical reference within the title. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif The gameplay itself, to me, was AC2 in a pill. Certain amount of open conflict, ability to choose approach in certain parts and then absolutely awesome stealth element with groups of monks. In all these parts, the game forced you to both think and act and thus made for a reasonable bit of a challenge.

Obligatory Whine #2 = That's all? C'mon, give us some more. Panem et circenses!

RedEverett11
01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
i like how in ac2 desmond can actually fight in stead of walking a round a small room

remeber nothing is true and everything is permitted

Grandmaster_Z
01-18-2010, 07:21 AM
love doing hidden blade kills and using free-running to get away before anyone notices

darkcloud_75
01-18-2010, 08:11 AM
i liked the assassinations contracts. I would also love to see difficulty level settings i found that the game was to easy to beat i would love to see a easy normal and hard setting

SLD19
01-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I really liked interacting with the people in missions, especially carrying that girl when she got shot in the leg with an arrow in Venezia. I think it would be cool if you could carry people on your back and climb buildings (I know this would require your character to move slower)! I also liked the mission dressing up as a guard, wearing different clothes would be awesome because it is a little bit unrealistic when you are wearing Assassin's clothing and the civilians have totally different and casual clothes on. I would like to see more weapons being available to buy... I totally loved the spear thingy that the seekers had. It would be cool to have this as a weapon to carry around. Overall I loved the game on the whole, everything about it was really fabulous!!!!

DoctorAvenue
01-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I'm tempted to say everything, but if I had to pick a specific favorite thing, it would actually be those little planters that let you swing around the corners. We all know how proud Patrice is of them, and I have to agree. In my entire 100% playthrough, those little planter swings brought me a tiny burst of glee every single time. That's like a couple hundred bursts of glee from one game, and that is something to be proud of.

My one dream request for a future AC game or DLC is a more visually dynamic way of blending. I love that Ezio can blend with so many groups, but I would like to see a more marked change to show how he is blending. Either an outfit with multiple flaps of cloth that he can flip over to change his appearance slightly, or at having him deliberately switch his posture and body language to match the group he is blending with. I realize this would be a programming nightmare, but it would greatly increase the game's richness.

awol08
01-18-2010, 04:39 PM
My favourite thing has to be finnishing moves. Theres something so satisfying about burying an axe in someone's head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. O yeah and the fact that you can swim now. Thats the 1 thing i really didn't like on AC1 not being able to swim.

Bampire
01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Poison blade.
Double Hidden blades + awesome killage from them.
Blood on armor :3
Speedy Climbing.
Sexy Ezio
Sexy Desmond
Story/plot
AI.
EVERYTHING! What is there NOT TO LIKE?! Seriously. I love this game.

SteelCity999
01-18-2010, 11:55 PM
First of all, every addition to AC1 that was made was great. The variety of missions was much better..just need some difficulty addition now.

But by far the BEST thing about AC2 is its value of gameplay. I think Ubisoft has done an excellent job in sticking to giving the single player some much needed value in a $60 game. To many developers stiff the single player modes with a 4-8hr gameplay and rely on multiplayer to drive sales. Please don't become one of those developers with the Episodes series. Keep the DLC coming at the low prices as well. Maintain value for the gamer.

DarkKarda
01-19-2010, 01:32 AM
I love the two hidden blades and the ability to choose our costume and weapons! And I also love killing guards from the water http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif !!!!!!!

SLD19
01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
A would also like to mention that it would be cool if you could dye specific parts of your clothing to make it even more unique to the player.

Captain Tomatoz
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif wearing altiars outfit and then swimming! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

also the size of the cities are just amazing.

CARNlVORA
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
I like the way the game gets you into the world of assassin, without leaving your room.
You are in Italy, a place most of people never see. And the buildings are remarcably lookalike, and info is awesome. For people who live in Italy, this is a candy for their country.
History facts, and the way they are implemented is amazing. Very, very good job Ubisoft. Hats down from me.

But the best thing I like.

Is the balls they had to implement pope and Christianity into organization of mass manipulation!

That is no.1 value of ACII.

Thank you Ubisoft, for this game, thank you!
Keep up the good work.

afghanassassin
01-19-2010, 01:18 PM
My favorite thing off hand would be the graphics and story/plot, overall it was pretty amazing.

Ezio was well super hot and I loved how you can actually see his face! Being able to get and wear Altair's outfit was great! The fact that Altair wasn't completely forgotten was also very important to me since, it all started with Altair and Desmond so the fact that I had an opportunity to continue playing him (even for a lil bit) was great for me.

I say just keep doing what you've been doing and include the past with the future.

Just next time, I want to do a flying tackle when trying to catch a pickpocket or the noble dudes whose name I forgotten...

neo.quelhas
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
The free runing is certaintly the best thing in this great game.
But I Also Enjoyed the tombs... I would love to be able to reenter them

monkeyfiedcheez
01-19-2010, 06:53 PM
The fighting needs a huge improvement and a difficulty setting could be useful. The free running is an important element that could be improved.

Mitro-Blade
01-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Everything about the combat. Can't say im too pleased with the agile guards though. They are way too easy to escape. I absolutely love the Venice Escape soundtrack, but for the love of god, if you are going to create such a good escape soundtrack you better use it, for example when you killed carlo grimaldi you could have made it so you were supposed to escape. Just saying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
Apart from that, i loved almost everything about this game, it's a strong sequel and didn't leave us with a cliffhanger, i was very satisfied with ending the game with Desmond killing some abstergo guards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

p3k_ante00
01-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Ubi guys,first of all i wanna congratulate all of you for making such a superb game. Honestly , no other game have intrigued me this much for having such a rich well-thought of storyline , interconnecting various religion , and myths (history too!!).

Oh well enough about that.

What is my favorite thing in AC2?

1. Well , killing guards.

This well maybe my favorite thing to do in the game. I just looove killing those pesky basterds. You know , swooping from above them , cracking their skulls with their own weapons. haha too much fun.

Also next time I wish that there is more variety in ways of killing the enemy, not that I'm complaining but i think the Assassins are more associated with the agile ,sneaky and clever stuffs. So I don't think that pitting the Assassins against a dozen soldiers and taking all of them out specially if some of them are tough is not ideal. And also that kind of stuff is used all of time, prince of persia and other games out there. Why not try using more of the surroundings for instance? Like place some destructible debris from atop then if the player feels like it, he can destroy it making it fall to the soldiers below. Just my idea though , I'm sure you talented guys can make something much better than that.

There still loads I want about the game , but gah I'm lazy haha.

And oh, yeah the things I most hate about the game... uhmm.. assassinations!!

It's repetitive as always!!

That's not all but I'm too lazy to type. gah.

S.V.
01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
My favorite gameplay element is the free running http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

TreFacTor
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
My favorite thing about AC 2 is the Hidden blade finisher after stunning an adversary, making cottage cheese out of their innards. I also like the long weapon counters and hand to hand combat.

It really ticked me off that there wasn't a NEW GAME + feature, and that you couldn't take off the DRAG QUEEN cape. I also didn't like the fact that playing as Altiar you can't die his clothes and even though he can perform the double hidden blade moves, you never see the second blade.

I thought the game was far too easy. My first play through took my 18:08:49 to complete 100%, my next 3 play throughs eclipsed the first run through by better than an hour each time leaving out the feather and treasure collecting.

The reward for collecting the feathers and treasures wasn't satisfying enough. It's not necessary to have the Auditore cape to walk around every city with a maxed out notoriety level. I would rather have had another costume (minus the cape altogether), or the ability to play as one of the other Assassins in the game.... now that would have been a sweat reward!

All in all I am satisfied with the stellar job in game play, although I feel the story slipping into a preachy sci-fi, alien predecessor, kind of save the planet from the humans thing a bit of a stretch.

Good job UBI, fix the replay + and better extras and the franchise has the makings of a long tenured string of hits.

IEzioI
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
my fave parts are the social stealth, free running, and Race and chase missions.

I love everything about the game lol hard to choose just one.

my wishes for future dlc/games would have to also be more visually stimulating social stealth animations. Change of posture and what not to match the crowd.

ryanscreed
01-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Abosultly everything the game was definately the best game i ever played, and i loved how in this one there was a sense of RPG in it where you could buy clothes and upgraghe wepaons and armour and fix it. It was all just great

In the next one i hope it is modern but with no guns so its not like COD, and still the free running and blending aspects

zagne
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
well, i think the game is perfect! VERY GOOD JOB UBI! i totaly love ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i like everything about ac2. especialy the conspiracy stuff going on and all that mystery... i cant w8 for the next ac to come out.

all types of missions were cool, but i realy liked the templar lairs. home invasion and shipwrecked are my favorite secondary missions. i also like that u can replay the side missions with ur current abilities and gear. in ac1 if u wanted to replay a sequence, the assassin had to go back to his old skills... he didnt know how to dodge, for example. tha was pretty annoying

as for the rest, i cant say anything more than: AWESOME

there is only a couple of little things i d rather not to be in the next game...

i cant stand looking at a guard's face when killing him! or listen to him begging for mercy... i know im pathetic! but u made them look way too inoscent, and helpless, and sympathetic.. lol i feel so much guilt killing the poor people. make them look like realy evil and bad and ARG and pezzo di merda(i dont know if its spelled that way)instead.

its very good that u arent supposed to kill civilians new to this gamehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

blarson11
01-23-2010, 01:11 PM
i love the choice i now have in weapons, and the mission structure is vastly improved. now i just wish i was forced to use different methods of assassination/evasion. the options are there, i just never feel the need to use them. smoke bombs are cool but largely pointless for example. they only came in handy one time on the mission where you have to assassinate all the brutes.

the difficulty of the fights needs to be ramped up a bit, and im glad that the health doesnt just magically come back, but you shouldnt be able to heal in combat. basically i had a ton of lives in every fight (normal health plus 15 heals), which eliminated the challenge in even the harder fights.

iAmEzio
01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I Think Everything was perfect
i Like Ezio Skills.
And the free running
And The leap of faith was Great.

Cronus_Majorus
01-25-2010, 11:00 PM
1] Best AHA! feeling in the entire game was getting the "No Hitter" achievement on the 360.

Using 2 smoke bombs and double blades kill 10+ baddies without so much as blocking once? So awesome.

2] Amazing work Ubi incorporating the Altair story and expanding it (he could love somebody?, he had kids?). It was a really cool extra layer tying AC 1 and 2 together well.

Miss_Auditore
01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Well,everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But if im not allowed that,then it would have to be the interaction between the characters and the characters themselves, as well as the storyline, because they were just AWESOME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

meestyna
01-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Al_Mualims_Nan:
spear/halberd counter kills! no explanation needed really

I'm with you there.

And horse riding is fun, well it was more fun in the first game. At least we had some freedom to get lost then XD

NuclearFuss
01-29-2010, 11:19 AM
The detail in environments and locations. I just wish the faces were a bit more realistic. Like MGS4. That was just wow.

DiableLord
01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
HOLY ****!!!!!! um whoever hasn't gotten to the last part SPOILER!: it was the best storyline ever. The ENDING, GOD THE ENDING!!!!!! It was amazing best ending evar!

I started to seriously freak out when I saw my assasin go ALL CLONE BAD *** on the pope bastard (hope i don't go to hell...) loved how it used awesomeness in the first and applied it to the second.

Next when I saw Minerva GOD appear I yelled out, "HOLY ****", because I was just blown away. The whole sun blowing up the earth and the temple thing also blew me away. BUT WHAT ALMOST MADE ME **** MY PANTS, (not trying to be funny I really almost ****ed my pants was when the GOD, (Minerva), turned to the camera and said, "The rest is up to you. Desmond". HOLY ****, that made the game for me. It was one of the best games ever, top 3 atleast, and if anyone disagrees then you probally touch yourself at night and have sex with your gay cousin.

Anyways my ratings:
Storyline:10.0
Gameplay:7.0
Graphics:7.5
only game I have ever given a 10 for any game in any of the 3 categorys. And I am strict with my ratings! and ya graphics were defintely above average and gameplay was great, I know wich game i am pre-ordering.

Wysdom888
01-30-2010, 07:19 AM
For me, it is the intense and mysterious story line. And hey, the free running and weapons are cool too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

rock19367
01-30-2010, 07:26 AM
i love ac2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Zafar1981
01-31-2010, 08:59 AM
I LOVE AC2 and i am happy that they are continuing it with Assassin's Creed 2 Episodes.

Koemidvm
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Things I love and would like to continue to see in other AC series:
poisoning, swimming, rowing, taunting, leap of faith, clothes-dying, hiring groups, Codex and other things Altair left for his brethren and descendants, disarm, long & two-handed weapons, using fishing poles / blooms / etc. to fight, throwing money to create chaos, air/water/haystack assassinations, interaction during cutscenes, seeing that Ezio actually aged throughout the game, rebuilding villa... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

few improvements(?) I'd like to see in later series:
- able to +/- weapons, accessories and armors we carry/wear
- can we bribe guards as well? just curious.
- pistol is AWESOME! but can we carry more than 6 bullets? it doesn't make too much sense if Ezio can carry 25 throwing knives other things, but he can only carry 6 tiny metal balls. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
- can the blending be more interacting with the crowd? e.g. flirting with courtesans, chatting with citizens, "praying"-like when among monks.
- can the Assassin we control change outfit?
- and, of coz, THE "issue" has to be addressed as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

goldenarm009
02-01-2010, 05:44 AM
These are a few of my fav-o-rite things...

1: The storyline
I absolutely loved the twist at the end, SPOILER: Minurva (was that her name?) calling ezio "desmond", unlocking the glyphs to find the "truth", Ezio realizing he's the prophet, just absolutely fascinating, like a dan brown novel with far greater implications. It's hinting at this massive conspiracy with literally other worldly origins. I really feel like AC3 will have some sort of 2012 end of the world theme to it, with the mayan calendar which would be sweeeet.

2: The atmosphere
The musical score is yet again fantastic, the buildings, scenery look spectacular, and the cities themselves feel like bustling metropoli. the people look busy, and with the shops it definitely adds a sense of realism.

3: The inclusion of XP in the form of Florins
The more missions you do, the more people you rob, the more chests you loot, the more money you ultimately earn to buy cool ****.

4: The variation
One minute I'm scaling buildings to find glyphs to decipher a puzzle, the next I'm arranging the codex pages and trying to figure out what they form, the next I'm in the catacombs trying to find a way into a tomb. I'm hanging out with De Vinci and Machiavelli and killing the pope. It doesn't get boring or stale ever.

These missions are awesome, but the main reason they have so much cache is that u can't wait to see what happens next. Now that I have all the glyphs deciphered, what happens, u know. I am so sucked into the storyline, and I have so many questions that I want answered right now. But if the game comes out like 3 years from now thats ok with me as long as its done right.

I also want to add that it's been said on numerous sites that an AC game will be released during this fiscal year, and will include multiplayer. Why in the holy mother of **** would we want a multiplayer for this type of game? Any sort of multiplayer just cheapens the whole concept of the stealth genre game in my opinion. Plus with a lousy fighting interface and no guns, I can see this being a waste of time.

Bottom line, I loved AC2, one of my favorite games ever. Thank you.

Nasreen2008
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Apart from all weapons, free run, quests, tracking down the traitors, graphic (my first interested in buying AC 1 was the amazing graphic) Needless to say, I love them.

Story line, conversation make me laugh. I'm assasin (hehehe) but need sometimes to rest my head "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". The way that you make contact, talk to another person more involved that make me enjoy playing AC II. It's like you just not play to kill make more sense to do thing as human not killing machine.

And I like day-night time, sometimes I just walk or run around just enjoy the city until the thief knock me off then the chase begin... lol

The cut-scene when Ezio gets quests was very nice it makes me feel I'm Ezio, I'm the game you know what I mean.

Maybe more use of techinique when do the quest make it more difficult more complicate insteads off making level difficulty.

I love the music too, nevertheless.

I'm playing the 3rd round now. First time, I was so curious with all new things. Second played was more professional and now I try to avoid being detected more calm, being unnoticed, try to get best in combat.

BIG LONG applause for UBI soft Montral team. I don't mind buying another AC. Keep good work and thank you.

Invalid_argh
02-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I think that almost everything in AC2 was an improvement on AC1. My favourite thing would probably have to be all the new moves Ezio has like disarming those pesky spear-holding seekers. I LOVE the fact that Ezio can swim. The double blades are awesome--I just got back to playing AC1 again and I am missing the double blades already. Also killing from hiding places, ledges and stuff is really helpful.

And I'm a puzzle freak so I like finding the glyphs and decoding the files.

And yes, FINALLY Desmond gets to kick some butt instead of poking around quietly. Crack those skulls!

The thing I hate about AC2 is that now I just have more questions about EVERYTHING and have had to start waiting for AC3 just four days after AC2 came out. I was so pumped after the Minerva video and then the credits started to roll and I just sat there in disbelief because normally I don't finish a game that quickly.

AC is the only game I've ever been this interested in.

Invalid_argh
02-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Forgot to mention, you can finally give those annoying minstrels some damn money and make them go away.

hadrianus2010
02-06-2010, 10:24 AM
i just love AC2 is extraodnary and is a lot of fun but wich i love the most at this one is the double hidden blads and the poison blade wich you can use to make an enemy to kill your target http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

colebrandon10
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
i like the religious outlook i just wish the interloping mysteries were easerier to solve with the given information because i will forget by the next game. All in all though an awesome game. i still dont get how
0100110 spells EDEN please tell me how to decode the message

Andritsos
02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I liked the most the free run system and the good details and atmospehere each city has( i play with italian sounds) that complete it fully.
I found also very interesting and challenging THE TRUTH and clever too. Like with the picture of Marat and teh clue RED sea. FOr many days i thought blood but then i cam eup with the red clothes.

cypressli
02-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Um, the double hidden blades are by far my favorite thing. A close second goes to upgrading the villa.

Ultimate_Night
02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
My absolute favorite part is the storyline, because it goes for historical accuracy, it involves historical figures, and the conspiracy is much more realistic but way deeper than most games. It gets you thinking, and gets you (at least, me) to do research on that period of time.

I also love and live by the statement "Nothing is true; everything is permitted," and I am so glad that they use that statement in Assassin's Creed.

samhrule
02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
i have love ac and ac2 i think the difficulty should be Manuel !!! please make a third http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif we all love it !!!!!

birdofpray1985
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
my personal favorite parts of ac2 were the more scripted parts,like the part in sequence 8 when you have to assassinate Carlo Grimaldi, not that i dont like the freedom but i just thougt those were the best.

please make a number 3!!! this is the best videogame series EVAR!( my personal opinion)

jaggad
02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
It is a fantastic experience, it really evolved from the first Assasins Creed in to a highly developed roleplaying action adventure game. I love the whole idea of upgrading your town and increasing its overall value by collecting weapons, armor, and paintings to make an interesting display to the public. Free running is awesome and the combat is fantastic, adding the heavily armored guards was a good decision to help change your fighting experience. The assasination contracts, assasins tombs, and other challenges were also very cool and allows the player to continue playing the game after they are done the excellent story line.
If I would change anything, it would be to allow horses to enter cities at a walking pace. Also, the feather locations (or flags) could be in less secluded spots, to give the player a fighting chance at finding them without having to look up locations on the internet.
But overall the game is fantatic and I can't wait for the next one, thanks a lot Ubisoft.

Tonoottu
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Everything was great, if i have to tell the best thing it would be the mobility of Ezio IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE! but the worst thing would be the AI, i mean the guards react well and the croud also but killing the targets and guards is just too easy :/ great game overall though

Shannon_016
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
It's difficult to find fault with such an outstanding game, however there are some things that I would like to see honed for the next game including: 1) More focus on "social stealth". The blending mechanic was a great idea but rarely used or required to progress throught he game.
2)Difficulty settings would be a welcome addition, specifically regarding combat. I might add that I find the combat lots of fun, but I rarely felt challenged when facing off against any enemy type.
3)The money system is a great addition to the Assasins Creed experience, yet one can amass such a huge fortune so quickly with such little effort that soon the whole monetary system becomes redundant. Making money harder to come by would add to the reward when purchasing any upgrades or weapons.
As I mentioned earlier, these are not major problems but I think if these issues where addressed the game would be the stronger for it. Overall this is a brilliant game and congratulations on the well-deserved accolades (good luck with the BAFTA).

king-gamer210
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
My favourite gameplay element was the horse cart mission where you were driving Da Vinci to Flori and the fly machine mission. If you do another DLC you should definaltly have more of these type of mission as they were fun and diferent to the ordinary mission you got

agentofwraith
02-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I never get tired of double air assassinations http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Ezio_Killz_All
02-19-2010, 11:56 PM
My favorite thing is proboly the gun. If it only had more bullets...I also love that you can swim in the rivers instead of drowing in waist high water.Pick up bobys is great!...Favorite mission is proboly the mission where you fly over the wall so you can stop the doge from drinking the poison.. the reason is YOU FLY! When you first use the flying thingy was so funny...crashing into a building was great. I was ROFling so hard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

CARB1DE
02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I LOVE AC2!!! nothing is really a favorite due to that is it all, but if I had to really pick I would think the double blade and hand combat....what I would change would have a more stealthy feature to sneek up on your targets to really knife em in the back without anyone else really knowin

Lethalla
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
AC1 was cool... AC2 was better, but having said that, I do have a few gripes...

1) in AC1 on the map there was a triangle showing which way Altair was facing. This was absent in AC2, which was very annoying as you often couldn't tell which way you were going (okay, the custom marker was an added bonus, but that was a bit hard to aim if it was near another marker). Plus you can't tell where you're going if you've got Eagle Vision on. That was a bigger annoyance.

2) the flying machine and caravans are talked up on the back of the game case, yet you only get one interaction with each of these. The blurb made it sound as if the flying machine would be portable and could be selected like a weapon - would have made me a lot more comfortable with climbing those tall viewpoints - yes, it is possible to get in-game vertigo... and that jump within the dome of that Florence cathedral. From the blurb I'd also have expected Ezio to be able to attack caravans.

3) also Altair's armour and all of the weapons should have needed equal repairing (as with ordinary armour), especially after immersion in water - seawater in particular.

4) guard AI - if there were two guards and one was say pulled off the roof without the other seeing, the remaining guard should have become suspicious, not continued his rounds.

What I did like:
Air assassinations - especially fun out of the lower viewpoints (Cannaregio district) onto rooftop guards. Double air assassinations were very cool.
The choice of weapons was good, though it would have been better if Ezio could have had a spare bullet pouch.
Overall it was the best game I've played.

mc2w
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
I love the part where I'm not allowed to play a single player game on my PC without having an internet connection! YEAH!

gracerules82
02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
There is such a long list of favorite things in Assassins Creed 2. The flying machine was really fun, so fun in fact,I deliberately crashed it so I could fly it again and again just to trim off the last archer. However, I would really like the option of repeating missions as many times I desire without starting a new game or deliberately killing myself. More assassination contacts would be nice in the main memory sequences as well. Although, 2 was WAAAY better than 1.

The story line of Ezio was really awesome, altho, I would have liked more complicated assassinations. Because once you know what to do, the game is so easy. I am more of a novice gamer myself, so I had the hardest time with the tombs and I forget which tomb it was, but the one with all the water and the timer really frustrated me. I spent two days trying to get out of that place. I can now do it in 3 minutes with no problem.

I would like to see more of researching ancestors in the 3rd game. I do not prefer using Desmond as much as using the ancestors. However, the plot is growing rather nicely and am excited to see how Desmond grows himself throughout the experiences of his ancestors and with the Templars.

Oh, and please do not make this a shooter game. I have seen a lot of posts where people want more gun action and want to kill civillians. That is not the object of this game, or what I have gathered so far and that is the main reason why I like it. What Ubisoft has done with the second game is really awesome, stick with it.

Some ideas would to be instead of just following one ancestor in the third game, to follow 2 or 3, to jump around so to speak. It would certainly throw gamers for a loop of a challenge. Since people of different era's react differently to your actions. So weapons can change a little bit as well as vehicles, clothing, and strategties. However, making the game too challenging will scare off novice and beginner players. This was the problem with the force unleashed, the game was hyped then players were taken back with all the platforming gamers had to complete. But, making it too easy would turn off expert gamers. However, I am a huge fan of Ubisoft games and am really excited to see how the third game, if it will, knock the second game out of the park as the second game did to the first one.

Jaloko
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I love how you can even "assasinate" with you knife also. Not just you hidden blade. The one thing I would really love. Would be if they put in a crossbow or something. That would be awesome!

mccheesy69
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
My favorite thing is where you can replay your favorite missions without having to playthrough the whole game again....oh wait....nvm

ltheghost
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Losing missions on purpose at the very end so I CAN REPLAY THE MISSION!!!!!!

Dunklindonuts
02-28-2010, 07:23 PM
My favorite thing about AC2 is when your walking through the city just having a nice time following some templars. When, suddenly, your ambushed by 4 or 5 gay guys in tights dancing around and playing their lutes. Damn those templars and their distraction techniques!

Bampire
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
MOAR!

I just completed Bonfires of Vanities lastnight, and I enjoyed every single bit of it! I loved how it's mostly strategic, then just brawn itself. Brain use is the best. The part where I had the most diffiuclt time was the boat assasination with a bit of stationary and patrolling guards. I never gave up. I think I've failed 15-17 times, trying new ways.

The way that finally got me to complete it was rather messy, but worked none the less. It had me giggle-snorting like an idiot for the reactions of the guards. I'd take down the first 3 guards with my Hidden Gun no problem. Jump into the water, ledge-assassinate the patrol guard on the docks. Hop onto the ship, do the same to the two patrolling guards up top of the ship. Then again to the one on the lower end of the ship. But avoided the other guy as the brute would blow my cover each time. So instead of taking that guy out down there I would hop onto the ship walk up to the two stationary guards infront of the wheel of the ship. Poison one and bolt off into the water.

The guards freak out! One brute jumps onto the docks, as the other goes toward the dead body. A couple guards climb all over the place! I couldn't help but chuckle. Then a few seconds later everyone's stationed in their new spots. I take out the brute no problem, then the last patrolling guard. Go back up to the upper part of the ship, take out the brute and the smaller guard by poison and then finally! For the over 9,000th time! I take out the target.

It was so much fun. I never tried the new move in that DLC, I found no use for it.

MaestroAssassin
03-05-2010, 02:15 PM
My favourite mission type is the major assassination missions and I love the free running, hidden blades and the weapon purchase system. I think they could include a rare apple of eden weapon in AC3.

LUFC_ROBO
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I thought the history element was pretty good running past a building and being able to know what it was made the whole thing more interesting, the whole thing was well thought and an intelligent game. Medieval Europe for AC3?

Daveoshea
03-07-2010, 12:00 PM
i love the building up your economy bit..... (flamed for being sad)...

JensOla
03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
First a fantastic game! The worst part is that it ends...

that could be remedied by DLC that could add new dimensions to the game.
-Village Building could expand into driving a regular business with banking owned shops, raqueteering, blackmailing, Assassinations for hire and Thieves guild.
-New types of missions everywhere, Random assasinations, highway heists, horseraces.
-Social relations and enviromental impact: The power of the singleplayer games is that your actions can have an impact on the surroundings. Eg. Ezio could be the Mayor of Toscana, a banker in Firenze and/or a Nobleman with estatesn and palazzos in Venice.

All in all I would like DLC to contain new dimensions that could take the game longer than the normal storytelling (which is very good)

Paulkman
03-09-2010, 01:13 AM
My favorite gameplay feature is crashes because of internet disconnections.

Xanatos2007
03-09-2010, 01:16 AM
My sarcastic sense is tingling...

bogdanbg
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
my favourite thing is the DRM, REMOVE IT (LIKE YOU DO WITH EVERYTHING GOOD)

Zoomzagger
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
THE BEST THING ABOUT AC2 IS EZIO'S AWESOME ACCENT. Altair cannot even COMPARE to Ezio and his accent. My favorite mission types were definitely assassinations. I also liked the choice of renovating the Villa; that was kinda nice.

p3k_ante00
03-11-2010, 09:37 PM
hey Ubi, whats up with the DRM? Can you please explain it to us cos u see:

Pirates can play-- OFFLINE WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED WITH INTERNET CONNECTION AND SERVER DOWNTIMES.

Customers that PAY-- SCREWED

whats up with that UBI?

Rinocapz
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Tossing dead people in the water.

ILLusioNaire
03-12-2010, 11:11 AM
What was my favorite thing about AC2? Good question, heh heh. I suppose what I liked most about AC2 was the ability to buy and upgrade. The economic system. I think this should be expounded on in AC3. I would love to be able to buy more than just weapons, health, art, and equipment. How about property, and the ability to make profits off that property? It's the same concept AC2 uses with Monteriggioni. Or what about clothes? Different types of clothing would also be nice; of course, while still maintaining the essential assassin look. But yes, to sum things up, it was the economic system...tied into of course the whole templar-killing, sneaking and snuffing, swash-buckling story that AC2 is. I wouldn't enjoy AC2 if all I was able to do was buy things, lol.

liberque
03-13-2010, 05:01 AM
This game was superb! The gameplay is marvelous, the story compelling and well.. the end sequence was just the best I've seen in ages.

It's hard to pick something to call 'best' but what truly amazed me were the details of the game. When I finished all sequences and started working on the "truth" I had to search some buildings which I skipped along the way.

Using the animus dbase and !!!Google Maps!!! I managed to locate all of them (except the guild of thieves). Can you imagine that?! The cities aren't only big, graphical correct and 'alive', but the geographic accuracy is also astounding.

Congratulations Ubisoft, after 2 decades you finaly managed to surpass Sierra's Roberta Williams for me as most original gamedesigner. Although many won't even know her, her games or like them .. coming from me this is a great compliment.

npatten
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
AC 3 should include guns and riffle, machine guns!!

npatten
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Is it possible to date the beautiful creatures we see all around the cities!!

jurn47
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
is the DLC coming in stores and not only on xbox live??
cause that would be a lot easyer to do than downloading.

strayer-kunz
03-16-2010, 04:40 AM
My favorit thing have to be the citys! I've been on the top of the dome in firense (I never jumped off it thu... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ) and must say they have created some of the most marvelous places I eveer seen in a game!! I also come to love climbing buildings (I'm afraid of height, well, not really, but that kind of heights...) and have get to love that tingeling feeling I get from that hights, an even as I know it just a game I have taken myself in screaming out load when I do something that makes ezio drop down in certain dead, doing all kind of stuff to get him to hold on to something.... What a way to go!!

I also love the way I can grab the enemy and just slise his trought with altairs sword or do the dobble hand slice with the hidden blades.. Awesome stuff!

And I find it very hard to point out just some of it, coz it's so mush great stuff in this game! You even see the shadow of the gards patroling the rooftops!

And I'm just arrived in Rome... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ass-creed2
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
My favorite thing is the cool screen that pops up and says "An internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again."

Pretty short game though, I click the OK button and apparently I was able to beat the whole game. Strange though that my internet connection must be down since I'm able to post this... ?

Gekkibi
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
The most important feature of any game is: Being able to play it.

Besides that, probably the atmosphere of 15th century. I have been in Venice back in 1989, and to be honest I was able to recognize multiple landmarks.

Combat is the worse feature in AC II. Back in AC I enemies were able to strike through defenses etc. Nowadays block is all powerful, and makes dodging (Or retreating) more or less useless.

andyvaidean
03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Just finished it and I have to say it's great. Congrats Ubi!

As for a favourite thing... there are several that come to my mind. One that I would like to point out is the atmosphere of the game; the attention that they gave to details (like gondolas swinging on the water in Venice, leafs blown by the wind towards you in Monteriggioni etc.) the superb landscapes of Toscana like the ones you can really see in Italy, the quite realistic cities, the funny NPCs (the lute players are quite refreshing, too bad we can't interact more with them). It really makes you feel like you're there.

And then there is that all time favourite... the hidden blade (hope we'll never get "rid" of it). Other things were already said before so I won't repeat them here to keep it short.
All in all, the game is a great experience. So http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Edit: Oh and I totally forgot! Killing ppl with the broom (if you go near people that are sweeping the street they drop the broom and you can pick it up and use it as a weapon). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Now I'll be off to Firenze e Venezia o forse San Gimignano?

Chidder
03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
First of all let me say that this is the best game I've played in ages. The last time a game sucked me in completely was "Police Quest 4 - Open Season" and that was about 1000 years ago!

That being said I'm kinda afraid of ACIII coming out, because somehow I have the feeling that almost everything you'll (have to) change for the new game will make it less fantastic than ACII.

Best thing is the story. It's epic and amazing and you want to know how it ends. More games should have such epic story lines.

I love the incredible buildings in this game, there's nothing more beautiful out there right now. The colours are also much better than in ACI!
Then there's the freedom you have during gameplay. Hell, even if your mission has already started you can still go and buy something or do other things if you feel like it before coming back to the current task. Nice.

The movements (esp. the finishing moves) are fluid and believable and I can still watch Ezio climb towers without getting bored. ;-)

There are also KICK-A$$ WOMEN in this game, HOOOORAAAYY! Seriously, kudos for that, people! No little princess characters I have to save from themselves. YAY!
New rule: Every action game needs at least one character like Caterina Sforza! :-D

People who aren't mentioned often are the voice actors. I probably would have forgotten about them as well, but I saw a German language clip on YouTube and was just SO GLAD that I was playing in English because the German voice of Ezio sounded as if the actor was reading the script for the very first time. Maybe it was only this one cut scene that didn't sound so well, but when I got back to my game I was again enchanted by "my own" Ezio and the intensity the voice actor brought into the dialogue (plus his wonderful accent)! Every one of these actors was awesome, even those who lent their voices to the less important characters, watchmen and the like!

What I'd like to see in ACIII:

- more SEX! :-D
Hell, guys, if a bunch of prostitutes tell Ezio (aka the player) that they're going to help him "relax" now that he's been through so much *wink* *wink* don't just drop "us" off at the front door a half second later without so much as a goodbye! I'm not talking about having long hardcore sex scenes, but that was...extremely unsatisfying! It was like "yeah, let's have sex" *bump* "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

- more shops to buy silly stuff
The shops were a great addition, but in the end I had so much money that I didn't really know what to do with it. Would have been great to be able to spend it on useless stuff like fun mini games or paying someone to paint your villa pink or buy a horse cart for yourself (or your sister who had to sit on her arse at the same desk for 10+ years!! ^^) - or at least giving some of it to beggars. Stuff like that.

- more to do at home
I don't see the point in playing Sim games, but I must admit working on the villa made me very happy. Besides from having some sort of home base to come back to whenever you want, it was great to see the improvements around town, the additional decorations, more people coming in etc. It would be cool if you could do even more at home e.g. talking to/connecting with people there the way you cannot do with people in the other cities. Make a few friends that don't affect the main story line but will have some sort of effect on your home base. End up with kids (not necessarily your own, maybe nephews or nieces) at some point and teach them how to fight. You know, just to keep the Creed motto alive. ^^

*ugh* This is FAR more than I wanted to write and I'll probably think of even more once I start the game again. Anyway, I guess you're pretty save if you change as little as possible. It's already pretty damn fantastic!

BTW: I want more merchandise, esp. high quality posters! Pretty please? :-)

shimpaku
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by npatten:

You MUST be joking!
There are plenty of games like that on the market already. The LAST thing AC3 needs is guns.

kelta92
03-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by npatten:

You MUST be joking!
There are plenty of games like that on the market already. The LAST thing AC3 needs is guns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. The AC universe is extremely unique. There are no guns not even in the present. That little pistol you have is just as far as ACII had to go with guns. But come on the entire market is full of first-person shooters and these kind of games. AC is something special in every point of view and in this one as well. That is why I like it. This is why I like literally only the Prince of Persia and the Assassin's Creed games. Because they are so special. Let them stay that way.

By the way as of ACIII, I do not think Ubisoft is that stupid to actually ruin the feeling of this game with guns. And I hope I am right.

But just not be off, What I like the most about Assassin's Creed II is that yeah I had connection problems many times during gameplay, but Ubisoft did not hesitate to refund us in some way and I do not know about you but today I have gotten an Email containing a code that unlocks every exclusive content in the game. This is the thing I like the best about ACII and Ubisoft as well.

Prophet_42
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I love everything about the game, the stealthy asssisinations, the climbing, swiming, but we all know AC2 has its flaws..

http://www.cad-comic.com/comics/cad/20100326.jpg

Chidder
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
LOOOL, I love it, Prophet_42! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

And yes, I agree that there shouldn't be guns. Even the small pistol was a bit too much for my taste. Any more fire power and it would kill the atmosphere of the game completely.

Rinocapz
03-27-2010, 04:50 AM
You are right Chidder. I would leave out guns, as it takes out the 'stealthy' atmosphere. Although we have to be realistic if AC3 is in a newer age, that guns ARE there.

For me personally I would like to have the hidden gun with just one shot. So you have a chance of killing with it, but once shot, you would have to get it 'repaired' and load it with a new bullet.

shimpaku
03-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Prophet_42:
...but we all know AC2 has its flaws..

No such thing as the perfect video game and....there never will be.

shimpaku
03-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Chidder:

Even the small pistol was a bit too much for my taste.

Totally agree.
The pistol portrayed in AC2 never existed in the 15th century.
Perhaps, as you said, if it had only one shot I could have better accepted it.

Chidder
03-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
The pistol portrayed in AC2 never existed in the 15th century.

That's actually not what troubles me - good old Leo was a genius and it stands to reason that he would create things well before everyone else even began thinking of them.

It's just that it feels wrong game play/atmosphere wise. IDK. Having a variety of weapons is nice and adding the pistol was very creative, but I guess I'd also prefer it if it had only one shot, like Rinocapz said. (That's also why I hope AC won't continue moving forward in time too much. If I want to play Metal Gear or Splinter Cell I'll buy those games.)

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-29-2010, 04:17 AM
my favourite thing is also my worst nightmare about the game >

http://members.multimania.co.u...almac/gamekiller.jpg (http://members.multimania.co.uk/rachealmac/gamekiller.jpg)

on the one hand its a superb babysitter.

on the other hand i hardly ever get to play during waking hours.

hypavilion
04-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Can you make it that we can kill innocents please lol i like everything else but for AC1 that is really good so just think about it and can u make the free running like more stealthy and faster thank you =] http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

a_non_moose
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by hypavilion:
Can you make it that we can kill innocents please lol i like everything else but for AC1 that is really good so just think about it and can u make the free running like more stealthy and faster thank you =] http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'd say "no" but for reasons like when I went for a guard and even had only him targeted and stabbed two civvies on accident.

big WTF moment.

I can say I like all the improvements, but sorta agree with the pistol should have started with one shot and cost quite a bit more to upgrade to a max of 5 or 6 and lots of coin for ammo.

I'm also hoping that if you are in open combat you can shop, but have to pay double or triple for items (semi real life...Emergency = pay more, ya know).

Same with upgrades to armor being available only in one area, and costs more for repair in others.

So, either wait and go to homebase/villa and get cheaper repairs until 'research' is done.

Too much detail, and it might as well be GTA 5.0 with hidden blades.

I was asked by a fellow fan if it was worth the $60bucks, and yes it was, but w/o the DRM crap and lockups due to server errors (WSODrm) while saving. So the one caviat almost made it a "no" becuase I wanted to play about an hour ago but phone and i-net (via cable co) had a snit.

This is why this crap should be removed after about 6 months, IMO/E. (likely it will be by Ubi or 'others').

j_p_brooks81
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Altair's outfit is by far my favorite thing about ac2.

Wizage
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
On the way climbing up to the ceiling of the cathedral, feeling the sweat in my palms and swollen finger tips...

Astrotoy7
04-17-2010, 06:28 AM
I love many aspects of the game - and I really thought the gun was cool. It's not a gatling so I'm not sure why it makes people feel out of whack.

For some reason though, I really got a kick out of climbing Brunelleschi's Dome - probably because I am very familiar with it from my studies. When you are in Florence you can ascend to the top from the inside of course, but climbing it on the outside was a great thrill for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Intercepting Michelangelo's letter to his father was also a thrill for any art historian http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif That letter actually happenned!

A7

JohnConnor2012
04-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Your historical research team really deserves a pat on the back - they really did their homework! Pretty impressed by the plotting and characterisation (some surprisingly subtle), a cut above what you'd expect from your average video game. (Personally don't go for the Dan Brown stuff myself and found the Dessie cut scenes intrusive / irrelevant).

Game play was adequete or better, though enemies too easy to defeat throughout, ridiculously so at the end. Secondary missions tended to the repetitive, though a vast improvement on AC1.

Frequent bugs + joke tech support, and DRM that imposes a continuous Net connection on buyers were worst aspects, though horrible crawling and swaying camera on low-end machines (like mine) also diminished the AC2 experience for me.

Rodriquezzzz
04-22-2010, 04:14 PM
My favorite parts hmm... Notorious parts (nice music!) and that Skidrow cracked your damn DRM.

stealthmaster23
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Love the entire game don't change it drastically like they did to splinter cell cuz it ruined the series. Keep all the gameplay u have

meaear
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
the story was AWESOME,i mean really awesome actually if they were not made this story a game and changed a little bit they could have created a new religion,and many people would have believed it,it makes more sense then scientology...the truth puzzles...the tomb raiding...stylish assasinations...to be able to swim...poison killings(its my personal favourite,i poison a guard (mostly brute types)after that i throw money under his feet and the people come to collect the money and the crazy brute massacres them with his giant *** axe),advanced free running,and yes to be able to fight as desmond at the end of the game.

the a.i. could be better,its good though,the game could be much harder.

bigtoneq
04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
AC2 was great because the world created felt large. Although AC1 world felt larger because of the large area between the cities. Also the various weapon options gave a great sense of realism and control. All missions were great because they were not all the same. But if one did stood out it would be the Jacopo de' Pazzi assassinations

Meleth1977
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Although I swore much over my keyboard controls while climbing the Basilica Santa Maria del Fiore I did love the challenge of that tomb. The graphics were amazing and I got vertigo feelings just looking at Ezio jump from beam to beam high above the marble floor.

Oh, and Ezios really hot... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drifterkings
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I liked the freedom to basically go everywhere. Then assinations were more badass-like than in AC2. And when you get bored of your current suit colour then just get a new one.

Murcuseo
05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Kilbasasquatch/AssassinsCreedIIGame2010-05-0320-58.jpg

Azugo
05-07-2010, 04:23 AM
@Robson Quoting that pic:

Definitely my favorite thing in the game... Lol.

firelegendmush
05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I really liked the assassination missions and the story behind them. I would however like to see more of them. Also I like the fact that you can kill people in creative or interesting ways. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

rider735
05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Coolest thing i've done so far:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4583/ac2n.jpg

Crucify Lucifer
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I'd have to say my favorite part of AC2's missions was the variety. For example, no two types of missions repeated back to back and some missions could only be completed at night. My favorite part of it was that it was more like following a story rather than beating levels.

The thing I enjoyed most about gameplay is the various methods to kill an enemy. From leaping down on enemies to sitting their bodies on crowded benches to crushing their skulls with their own maces, I never run out of ways to take an enemy by surprise.

Side Note: One of the best things about this game had to be the ability to SWIM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can't stress how many times I fell victim to the water in the first AC

ps3-master2010
05-15-2010, 05:05 AM
everything in ac2 is good but iloved the assassinations contracts.

LowercaseJiMmY
05-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Got to be the free running, weapons and quality of role playing for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rob.davies2014
05-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Liked the free running and the new weapons. but i think u shud have ways of indirectly killing ppl. so u dnt do it urself u use the enviroment more. e.g. the get nocked bak into machinery or something and crushed in a mesh of gears! or they fall under a cart or u loosen something above them like a gargoyle and it falls down and kills them. more sneaky, indirect ways of killing

Purple_OG_JAY
05-16-2010, 07:36 AM
I think the game was to easy. Eventually i could kill the bosses in the story lines to easy and that made the game a bit less exciting however the story and everything kept me going. Yeah its better to make the game more difficult, olso i missed the stealth like in assasins creed 1. You can get away to easy by freerunning, he's a assasins, not a super warior http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Make it a bit more tactical and less fighting, i think that would be alot more fun, olso the economic system can be bigger, looke at red dead redemption, just steal a few things and AC3 will be a great game!

lyonsberry
05-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I liked how it was built around a fantastic story and that they included the puzzles and clues within the game. Very smart made game

Vey03
05-19-2010, 01:37 AM
I loved everything. This is one of the best games i have ever played.

The depth and story is amazing. Really love that it's got that.

There are some issues, we all know that, and there are things i'd change about the controls. But that aside, it is brilliant.
The story, the missions, the enviroment, the gameplay.

Quite like the fighting. Maybe a few too many weapons. But love the fighting and new assassination types.

**LITTLE SPOILERS**
I don't think it's too easy. Yes, the assassinations towards the end got a little easy, but things like using the flying machine, or the carriage ride made all the difference.

The enviroment is beautiful. All the buildings, the history behind them. All the little things like crickets or dogs barking at night, the firworks, the street performers, the decorations at the Carnivale.
The music is great too.

And i loved the funny comments in the history about the buildings, and the titles of the sequences.

I hate puzzles in a game, i usually cheat because i find them too hard and all they do is stop gameplay. But everything in this was excellent. I'm not talking about the glyphs. Mainly stuff that envolved the environment, working out how to access the tombs or get up viewpoints. They were just right. They were enough to make you stop and think, but not enough that you were there for ever figuring how to get up somewhere.
And here's where i prefer the realism of AC2 to something like, POP for eg. Where you don't have super human powers to wall run or do acrobatics to grab onto something 100m away.

And it wasn't just 'find the tomb'. I loved that they added chasing guards.
Or escorting Rose was more than just leading her somewhere.

I just hope that for the next one they don't think we all want, or need, more. More can ruin a ruin a game. I certainly don't want POP tricks and wall runs. And i don't want any extra contols for him. What we have now is enough.
And no, i don't want to be doing mass killings. I can't believe people want this. You're not meant to commit mass murder in plain sight. You're an assassin. You're not meant to be seen. This is what everyone wanted after AC1, and now they have it, they want to kill everyone again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

avonRepux
05-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Where do I start? lol

AC was one of the reasons why I bought a PS3, but that aside, I love the the whole shebang, from the world to the concept of the game to the gameplay. I think the biggest kick for me was blurring the line between history, fiction and the fantastical and the visual look. My goodness, it is a beautiful and sexy world!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif))

Two of the biggest reasons I fell in love with AC and AC2 are the locations/environments and the story. The open world concept really allowed me to immerse into the world at my own time and not just hacking or shooting my way through just to get to the end. The variety of missions also gave it a lot more replay value!!!

Love the cliffhanger ending as well!!! When I got there and credits started rolling, I was like 0.0.... nooooooooo!!! I love the disarming and new assassination styles, it's jussssstt so cool! LOL

I wished for bigger smoke bomb pouches though.. LOL but AC2 totally rocks!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)))

EdM4ll3n
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I think just about the only thing I hated about this game was the wall running to get the final seal in Venice, which says much for the rest of the gaame including the DLC stuff.

The rest of it was pretty much awesomely brilliant, liked the use of italian language, the plots and subplots available, the story line was great as was the ability to explore the cities, the character developed really well so much so that you don't really notice the changes that have occurred until you go back to start the game all over again when it becomes apparent. The backgrounds were were phenomenal and the game as a whole was superb..the antithesis to the linear and static in comparison FF13!!

I can't wait for the next episode to come out...17th century Japan or China during the Boxer rebellion would be interesting.

Like the idea of changes in the weather but not sure that it would lend anything to the overall game as the freerunning is a fundamental part of the game and to spend countless hours slipping and falling off wet surfaces would be pointless.

Just a thought:- how about the ability to interact with the general populus in the game instead of just the main characters? Not sure how it would work though as it would require some sort of ability to have unstructured intuitive spoken communication.....

fidelacchius42
05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I liked almost everything about AC2. The game was all around better than the first. My only complaint (like many other people I'm sure) was the AI. Its very fun to just drop off a building into a group of guards and slaughter them, but it would be even more fun if it were a lot more difficult to do. Being outnumbered 10 to 1 would spell death for all but the most skilled of people in those times. If the AI could be changed around to where they fought as a team, instead of a group of individuals, it would make the game more about avoiding all out fights. Sure you could jump into a group of half a dozen guards and take them on if you wanted, but it would add a strategic layer to the game if there were difficult encounters that you were better off avoiding. Late in AC2, it gets to where you don't even have to worry about your notoriety. You can just run around killing guards and ripping down posters as needed. If they worked as a group, it would add to the difficulty, and make the game so much more fun to play.

zeejay21
05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Well, I like the whole game (if successfully connected for play). The characters, storyline, music, combat, areas.

It really got me hyped for Brotherhood. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. It will make me VERY EXCITED if the next game DOESN'T NEED to be connected online all the time.

Gabe19821982
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
The way the game improved comparing to AC1. Graphics are fantastic. But what i like the most is the story... It's just perfect!

thehiredblade
06-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I like the fact that you can choose between Altair's clothes or ezios I'm always wearing Altair's clothes the one you download from uplay not the master assassin one and the ability to climb famous things like Duomo/Duo Domo and the leaps of faith make it a lot easier than climbing down buildings

M1918A2
06-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I love the free running and being able to buy stuff. But I think that it would be neat to have to buy food, and to be able to buy feather location maps to.

HeavenAwaits
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Lol.. Well I personally liked the Gun thing, that was cool. And swimming, since it was a faster way to get around places. I do wish though, that the plane was used more then just once or twice ya know, It wasn't used as much as I thought it would be. =)

FioreNeve
06-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Mine had to be the missions where you had to go stealth mode on follow targets on the roof tops, I enjoyed them a lot it really got you into it.

Gameplay wise its hard to pick, I think my favorite would have to be the more you climbed on the roofs and walls like a crazy person the more your notoriety went up.

Epsilonyx
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
counters were definitely the best, and custom look. but why couldn't u replay story missions from the dna stream, when u could replay side missions from it. and the cutscene graphics sucked

Sporkfighter
06-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I definitely think there needs to be various difficulty settings and better graphics during cutscenes. Otherwise the game is awesome and beautiful. I do hope there will again be the ability to set the difficulty of the game and a little more customization as far as outfits go. Yeah I love being able to dye the clothes and change armor but each outfit is the same minus the Altair skin (which wasn't executed as well as it could have been). Someone was talking about utilizing the environment more for assassinations and that is a great idea in my opinion. I think it would have also been better if more targets had had the ability to fight back in some scenarios like Dante and Borgia. But I'll stop complaining, the free running is awesome, the assassinations are awesome, the cities are awesome, and this is one of my favorite games to date.

PS I hope they have some sort of porting system set up for AC: Brotherhood as well.

ZoRRoOoOo2010
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
First sorry about the bad english I AM NOT FROM ENGLAND ! I think Assassins Creed 2 was a true masterpiece ! I hope AC3 is gonna be even better. It should combine the best elements from AC2 with the others improved so here is what i liked and not liked in AC2 :

First the good:

The level design in AC2 was like in no other game .It made a lot of fun just walking around the streets watching people do their stuff walking around , listening their conversations it felt almost like you are in there ! in Venice , Firenze ,or whatever town you were in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the graphics were gorgeous , especially at sunset ,night or dawn . At some moments you even feel like you are in a movie http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What was also very good in AC2 was the story . The way both the historical and the Sci-fi settings where linked together was fantastic ! when playing through the sequences I was able to enjoy Ezio`s story in 15th century Italy without forgetting that Desmond in 2012 has to deal with the Templar , find the PEs ,save the world and so on... playing Assassins Creed 2 was not like playing a game it was more like reading a novel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Even when you are done with the story , you have Assassins`s tombs to explore , which where also very fun to play trough , Feathers to collect(not as fun as the tombs , but still good),Glyphs to find ...all those stuff combined made the game feel like 5 GAMES !!!

Now the bad:

above all THE GAME WAS EASY!!!
It used to be easy since AC1! I cant remember dieing in battle perhaps because I never did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Unless I was in a hurry and jumped off a church or something I ACTUALLY NEVER DIED! It is cool that you can distract guards with courtesans , pay thieves to steel their money so they chase them , blend with the crowd , etc...but I almost never had to ! Why bother when you can just...I donno KILL THE DAMN GUARDS ? It would be better if we got a more challenging Assassins Creed , with more use of the stealth mechanics , not like 'THIEF' or 'Splinter Cell Chaos Theory' , but something like 'Conviction'http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Freerunning and climbing was the best part of AC1 and was still very fun in AC2 but I think it should be somehow improved in next games . Last but not least - the combat -
in AC1 from the tutorial level to the very last fight with Al Mualim there where ...like 2 types of enemy units to fight : those that die easy and those that required 2-3 counterattacks to dispatch + archers .In AC2 you got the same + some heavy armor knights and some with spears .More variety in combat + improved AI and difficulty would make it better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Despite all those flaws AC2 was THE BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD !!! If all those things are improved in AC3 and perhaps next games it very well might become the game of the century http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

antwnis1994
06-12-2010, 02:48 AM
The thing that makes Assassins Creed THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED is the story(i dont care about the graphics allot ,but the double story mode following desmond and Ezio in 1 game makes it EPIC ...I really dont want AC to finish quick ,coz this game has a lot to more to tell(i would like a movie)i wish you guys make 10 games not three http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif..im shore the last game wont be desmond only fighting ,it would be 80% animus and a 20% Desmond at the end to kill the old man and save the world..Thanks for an amazing game!!!(..i know its gonna be in Egypt 4 shore )

antwnis1994
06-12-2010, 02:53 AM
I dont think its a Coincidence that at the end of AC2 in the Vault u see Egyptian people,Gods and stuff and after a picture pops up on the internet(maybe its too early to give the news away)Assassins Creed 3 =Egypt

sam-morg
06-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Mine is when you have to ride the Carriage down the hill and have to shake off the guards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif it's the best game I've ever played.

ZoRRoOoOo2010
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Egypt would be a nice place for an AC game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif what bothers me is that despite it has a magnifficent architecture (temples , palaces , pyramids , statues , tombs )It whont have the unique cities that AC2 and even AC1 had.Perhaps a city in egypt would look too much like Jerusalem or Damascus (without the churches or mosques)- cities we allready explored.Though I hope i`m wrong because playing Assassins creed in Egypt would be fun if the game is done wright , which I know Ubi is gonna achieve http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Awso I hope next time we got more advanced combat. Waching badass counter-kills is fun but it gets repetitive http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Maybie if the enemies had more skills , different weapons , different fighting styles it could be more fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifImagine fighting an enemy Ninja-like-Egyptian female assassin , that throws knives or hits you with a chain like 'Dagger-tail'(like the one in prince of persia: the two threones) , or perhaps enemies that can blind you , poison you , slow you down or throw some stuff against you (I know egyptians eould do such thigs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)It would just be cool if we got more variety in combat than just some same looking guards like before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Anyway Assassins Creed 2 was A FANTASTIC GAME !!! And If ubi makes Assassins Creed 3 EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT AC2 was it would be a masterpiece http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zulu-Zorro
06-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Loved:
- Freerunning altogether.
- The assassin tombs.
- 'Remain undetected' missions
- Graphics in-game and the atmosphere that came with it (cities are nothing short of amazing, wonderful sunsets, the outfits on people)

Hated:
- How easy it is to kill guards (counterkills)
- Graphics in cutscenes (bit outdated)
- How every main character besides Ezio doesn't age in 30 years. It's just really fake. This wouldn't have been too hard to do right. Just make 'em all a bit wrinklier, bit more grey hair, Leo's beard growing over the years)

OneSevenTwoFour
06-13-2010, 08:03 AM
I'll make it short as most of you probably don't read this.

My favorite thing about Assassin's Creed 2 is how they tell a story and let you live in the moment of the story, making a difference.

Aswell you get the freedom to do other things (and there are so many things to do)

Keep going this way with the game, and you will see the fanbase will grow! <3

Eleeist-ST
06-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I especially like graphics and textures.

PaladinEagle
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Definetely the poison blade, love walking into a guard a giving him a dose then finding a nice perch to watch the fun from

TeslaGuard
06-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Faster wall climbing!

tamer1992
06-19-2010, 01:06 AM
First of all, I love this game sooo much.
that's why I am going to include one of my opinions.

Since the game talks about the Templars, and the free masons, I think the game should go back to the Arab world, because one of the main hooks is at the Arab world region, especially in Palestine/Israel and Egypt, based on the history of what I learned, these 2 places where nearly the birth of the Templars.

so shouldn't AC concentrate more on those places?
I mean, as far as I know most of the people liked playing in the Arab world.

this is my suggestion, thanks for this great game, and waiting for every single release of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

P.S: please try to make the game last as long as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sarcasticweathR
06-20-2010, 09:26 AM
I loved free-running, you know climbing buildings and also I loved assassinating people in different ways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Frella21
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh, I have never seen so beautiful and interesting game. I'm from Ukraine (and I'm sorry if I write something wrong) and every gamer has AC and AC2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
I play AC2 fourth time and most of all I like the way Ezio move and graphics high quality. I like just walking cities, espetially Venice? of course.
I hope in AC Brotherhood there will be more cities in Italy or Spain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gideon.Selder
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
If I have to pick just one thing about AC2 that is my favourite thing, it would be the free running. It gives you such a felling of freedom, the only thing that I don't really like about it is that sometimes it gets too easy..
If I should pick a mission type that I'm really found of is they kinda stealthy missions, when you got to like take out archers and then move in for the kill. But I really doesn't like when the thing is that you can't be detected and if you get detected it's mission fail. I would really like if I got the chance to choose. And lets say that you got detected, your mark would start to flee or something and maybe you got like a small award decrease if you get detected or something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bruno_Berg
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Hmm...I've actually had to give this some thought. First of all, I've got to give praise the game a little. I liked AC1 but it was a rather boring game after all. AC2 really changed everything and became everything I had hoped for. I can honestly say that it is among the very best games I have ever played, if not even the best.

Now, with that said I should probably get a little more on topic. The Assassin Tombs were a great addition to the game, I just love the platforming. The smoke bombs are also a beutiful addition. Oh, and I almost forgot. The Borgia Messengers. I really think it's a good idea, but it's not too well carried out. The fact that they free run across rooftops and are pretty difficult to catch ( Without using your gun or throwing knives ) feels a little boring. And I think they notice Ezio a little too easy, now it might just be me that's not stealthy enough, but I rarely manage to pull off one of those amazing stealthy kills. Anyway, I've finished the game 100% and they make it feel like there is still something to do in the game. It's fun to have something to kill besides the regular guards.

And of course, all the characters in AC2, especially Ezio are so well made. Ezio, being the killing machine that he is, he never really feels like that "immortal super hero" that you see in most games and movies. During the story I always got the feeling that he's just a man. He can bleed, he can make mistakes. It makes the character feel more alive and I think that's a very very good thing.

Dritleiusernavn
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
What i really like is how ubisoft hasn't bothered to change anything when they copied the game to pc format. It's very nice spending time trying to figure out how to translate all the pad help on screen to the keyboard when it's not even listed in the very enlighting manual.
I'm going to look for all your games in the future.
Thank you very, very much.

Bruno_Berg
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dritleiusernavn:
What i really like is how ubisoft hasn't bothered to change anything when they copied the game to pc format. It's very nice spending time trying to figure out how to translate all the pad help on screen to the keyboard when it's not even listed in the very enlighting manual.
I'm going to look for all your games in the future.
Thank you very, very much.

I agree that it's very lazy of them not to change that. However these kinds of posts aren't really necessary. If you want to make a suggestion or a complaint, just do so in a normal matter, without the sarcasm.

WackoJacko_7
06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I love the fact that you could build up your little town, even though it didn't do much when built up bar a few more people walking round and a bit of a discount, i'm so happy that you can build up pretty much the whole of rome, and that will get the civilians to like you and be on your side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Siiiiick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know if there is anything i don't like about assassin's creed, but there should be a difficulty rating, normal = same as it is now, or hardcore = guards harder to kill, an aturally reason not to waste money on thiefs n stuff coz u can't quickly dispatch the guards this time...

But i guess its too late for them to add that in now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

christpr
06-25-2010, 02:07 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif loved the tombs added hours of fun, i even done some twice! i would like to see weapon customisation!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
everytthing what previous posters said before, but i would like to mention again the graphics!!! Feeled like beeing in a time machine! 15th century North Italy. Yeah. very nice.

And i also liked the soundtrack very much: Better then in AC1, imo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Is there a CD out to buy? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pelotero_10
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ComDevGabe:
Hey everybody!

So, there has been a lot of great discussion going on and we have quite a few threads dedicated to what you would like in both future DLC releases and any sequels we may or may not have planned ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), but I thought I would create a thread specifically for your favorite gameplay-related things in AC2.

So, what kind of things did you most like to do in Assassins' Creed 2? Which mission type is your favorite?

Well, if you guys don't mind me taking it back a little, i actually enjoyed the 'save the citizen' missions from the previous AC. Think about it, now you guys can diversify the 'beat up' missions. Yah should also really consider diversifying all the mission types; that way the game would never get boring, and every 'mini' mission wouldn't be EXACTLY like the last, just different people, you feel me???

Pelotero_10
06-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Also, try'n smooth out some of the rough edges in the game! I thought the graphics were ill, but not up to 'Utilizing the PS3's Abilities' bar, you feel me? ACII is actually my favorite game in my game collection...matter of fact, it is the only game i would never consider trading in, At All! Lol you guys have to remember that when it comes to making these games, there is a full circle of criteria the game has to meet to be considered a 'GREAT'; ACII is there, but always striv for better. That's all i'm saying! Just smooth out the rough edges; Make the characters feel alive, and real (similar to naughty dog's uncharted 2). Make the environments in AC:B interactive. Make it so that those moments when you barely make the jump, a piece of wood, or brick falls; or maybe when players are scaling large cathedrals, make it so that there are certain areas where you grab, and the brick comes loose, and ezio has to catch his self. I noticed that in ACII the small puddles of water didn't make any sound when running over it with your horse; which also brings up another valid point, The Horse Does-Not Feel Real (If you've played Red Dead, then you know what i mean)! I would like to see more enhanced, and detailed cut scenes. Maybe it's just me, but the graphics of the actual game are 10x better than the cut scenes???
Anyways, my mother always told me that no matter how much she loves me, she's still gona critique me until i'm perfect, or damn near it! I feel the same applies here! Love the game, but I know yah can do better; ACII is rated a 9.2, and Red Dead a 9.7, and Uncharted 2 a 9.5! In MY eyes, ACII is better than any other game I've ever played! Yah, CAN and I know yah WILL do better! I wish you guys the best in the future, and much success on the AC Series!
-C. Rice

mrfishy101
06-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Pelotero_10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ComDevGabe:
Hey everybody!

Well, if you guys don't mind me taking it back a little, i actually enjoyed the 'save the citizen' missions from the previous AC. Think about it, now you guys can diversify the 'beat up' missions. Yah should also really consider diversifying all the mission types; that way the game would never get boring, and every 'mini' mission wouldn't be EXACTLY like the last, just different people, you feel me??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree, although the mini missions are fun, they could be more diversified.

Pelotero_10
06-30-2010, 03:19 PM
So, another thing i was fond of was the ability to change the 'Minor' appearance of Ezio by altering the color scheme of his uniform.
I thought this feature could be enhanced in future game play (AC: III Desmond's Triumph; Its a joke) by giving players the chance to alter more than just the color scheme, but it's appearance, and arrangement of pouches and weapons! Also, it would be cool if there were a variety of uniforms, and each uniform game our assassin unique abilities (stealth, combat, defense, ammunition/ weapon carrying capacity, balance, etc.), and the same thing w/ the color scheme (black= better stealth at night, etc.).

Paul294
07-02-2010, 01:04 PM
There are some things that make me playing it again and again... first the many ways of killing... wouldn't it be great to get combat more intuitive... what about fighting in ego perspective??? physics are great, but more destruction would be blasting my mind off... i realy enoy destroing everything set up realistic, bursting wood for example... and I HATE SEENG things again and again... e.g. there are only two ways to break a piece of wood or glass...
an gread example would be star wars force unleashed using digital molecular matter(dmm)...
also pushing up the merchandize to the next level in the way that bought improved spaces and houses realy offer bonuses ingame like hiding points, a better arrangement with guards, etc.
i don't know if if it is possible but i like also blood implemented a bit more... i know it's a difficult topic but it offers a slightly more realistc feeling of the bloodthirsty time the assassin lives in...

PLEASE BRING IN A LOT OF NEW WAYS OF ASSASSINATING, TECHNOLOGY TO ASSASSINATE, and a MORE INTUITIVE COMBAT SYSTEM!!!!!

AirAssassin
07-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Race was my favorite mission type, but what made Assassin's Creed 2 one of the BEST games ever was its story.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-05-2010, 04:29 AM
I also like the glyphs.

And the infos of the buildings you can read , especially.
I like the infos about the targets, the letters and kodex you can read through!

I like the paintings in the villa monteriggioni and i like all buildings you can see in Ac2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Again the infos about some buildings you can see, i like it much!!!

Continue that with that style, glyphes, infos about buildings, persons, etc. iN AC3

hippyskip
07-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey everybody!

Changchung
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I definitely loved the fact that I can't take of my armor. Why didn't you guys include that in the patch?

The story is the best thing about AC2. And puzzles were cool. I think main missions were done better in AC1, more cinematic, more realistic and more believable. Treasure chests and other collectables were anti-immersion which is not good. The Assassin tombs, glyphed landmarks, secret locations were great.

FANIS1993
07-06-2010, 06:44 AM
free running and the use of hidden blades. i think it could be more fun if you could make Ezzio do more free running stunts like the horizontal wallrunning or other stunts from parkour and free running, also it would be more great if you could actually take the weapons from your opponents and hold them for all the time or drop them and catch other whanever you want than just taking them only to kill them. thats my opinion and my suggestion i hope in the next assassins creed will be some of these !!!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-07-2010, 03:10 AM
imo its wonderfull what they did in AC2. Learned something new about some important paintings and i didn't know that Edison electrocuted an elephant

Thank you for that UBISOFT http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Sithis23
07-07-2010, 10:07 PM
The whole thing was great and everything was planned out the number of smoke bombs and bullets was perfect because even though it felt like we needed more, it would've made it too easy. Disarming was also really fun!

truthchaser2kx
07-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Free Running chasing or escaping, and fighting

tyrce111
07-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
since assassins have to adapt their methods over the centuries to match the times, how are you thinking of making desmond blends with others? for example, instead of tailors that can change the outifts color, how about clothes shops that make desmond blend in more or less effectively with the clothes he's wearing like casual clothes blend in well with normal people but not so much with people using formal or business suits, and the reverse would also apply wearing a formal suit in a crowd of dare i say construction workers. this would make you think a little more on how to approach your target.

Sorta like in those movies were theres a fugitive and they ditch thier phone off a cliff, then go into a clothes store and come out with this suttle outfit which is so unlike anything the fugitve would wear...

Also a sort of hitman aproach...

Imagine...

Dude walking slowly and hesitanly up the stairs of a construction site...
Holding his "Tool Box", he arrives on the top level of the unfinished tower...

He opens his suspecious box and assembles a sniper rifle...

He takes his shot, killing his target while not alerting any body guards of his position...

He finishes of the perfect assassiation by taking a leap of faith in to a "Convieniontly Placed" garbage truck full of shredded paper scraps...

The truck drives off...
The body guards take a glance at the number plate of the truck to see the crude remark...

HEADSHOT MOTHER ******

CapnCRunch97
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
My favorite part of Assasins Creed 2 was the campaign. Whoever thought that up was a genious. Other than that, the atmosphere. Carnivella in Venice, wow! Incredible, the dances, the fire blowers, games, etc. Great, great atmoshpere!

Nuno987
07-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Just don't make AC in the future, like some people were saying, desmond could ride a motorcycle and stuff, no! Or if you do, make it short, I wanna play as Ezio... Cheers for making ACII such a great game!

Nuno987
07-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadow8928:

Sorta like in those movies were theres a fugitive and they ditch thier phone off a cliff, then go into a clothes store and come out with this suttle outfit which is so unlike anything the fugitve would wear...

Also a sort of hitman aproach...

Imagine...

Dude walking slowly and hesitanly up the stairs of a construction site...
Holding his "Tool Box", he arrives on the top level of the unfinished tower...

He opens his suspecious box and assembles a sniper rifle...

He takes his shot, killing his target while not alerting any body guards of his position...

He finishes of the perfect assassiation by taking a leap of faith in to a "Convieniontly Placed" garbage truck full of shredded paper scraps...

The truck drives off...
The body guards take a glance at the number plate of the truck to see the crude remark...

HEADSHOT MOTHER ****** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but I prefer playing as Ezio, in the past, it's better, in a few games, Assassins Creed will be Grand Theft Auto... -.-' And that would suck!

Rumble_Strike
07-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I loved the atmosphere most. The absolutely gorgeous Italian cities and countryside recreated in such exquisite detail, along with the immersive and haunting soundtrack.

I preferred the Renaissance setting to that of AC1, the main storyline was also good, and it helped that it did not follow the same tasks/structures as AC1 for assassinations. The fact that a lot of the stuff was optional meant that you could take things at your own pace.

I liked the Assassin tombs but disliked having timed sections. I think my favourite was the one where you had to climb to the top of the church. Loved the scale of that one.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Rumble_Strike:
I loved the atmosphere most. The absolutely gorgeous Italian cities and countryside recreated in such exquisite detail, along with the immersive and haunting soundtrack.

I preferred the Renaissance setting to that of AC1, the main storyline was also good, and it helped that it did not follow the same tasks/structures as AC1 for assassinations. The fact that a lot of the stuff was optional meant that you could take things at your own pace.

I liked the Assassin tombs but disliked having timed sections. I think my favourite was the one where you had to climb to the top of the church. Loved the scale of that one.

very well said, 100% agreed!

TheSamichGuy
07-26-2010, 02:44 AM
i really liked the structure of the story and how well it flows. instead of ingoring little things they made them into major parts of the story. also the aging of ezio incorperated showed how ezio advances and gets more skilled. overall i'd have to say one of my favorite games and i am looking forward to ac brotherhood.

a_c_fan1311811
07-27-2010, 02:43 PM
my favourite thing in assassins creed 2 is the economic system, and how a person is able to throw coins, pick pocket anyone, and hire factions such as thieves.

aerynrigel
07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I just bought AC2 in June. I have finished all the regular and downloadable content. My favorite gameplay aspects in both have been the various ways to kill and weapons to use. I also like that I have choices - I don't always have to kill to achieve my goal. I can also use stealth or distraction.
Finally, it is more related to artistry but I love the music and musical themes. The musical score used once Ezio accepts an assassination contract is awesome.

obeythecreed
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
more moments where we go "hahah OMFG THAT WAS THE SHIZ!" like maybe for a fist finisher (or fist fight start) have ezio walk up behind some one, tap them on the shoulder, and when they turn around just sock him right in the jaw.
maybe some GROUND AND POUND TOO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
but more moments that make me laugh "hahahha that was SICK! i gotta do that again" those moments are awesome

other than that GREAT JOB on AC2 im looking forward to ACBH. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

OH more cuzstamization with the clothes would be LEGIT. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SixKeys
07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
As with the first game, my favorite aspects of AC2 were the gorgeous open world, the story and sometimes having to use stealth or logic puzzles to complete a mission instead of just blindly charging in.

Renovating the villa was one of my favorite things to do. It was quite addictive to try and collect every possible item just to see how it affected your home base.

I liked being able to change Ezio's outfit, although I wish it could have impacted the gameplay a little. Imagine being chased by guards, quickly ducking behind a corner into a clothes shop to change your white assassin's robes into generic brown, and the guards walking away confused because hey, they're looking for a guy in white robes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Maybe it wouldn't work as an "insta-blend" option (would make the game too easy), but I could see it being an alternative to wanted posters when in notorious mode, for example.

I liked the addition of shops and currency in the game, but the random treasure chests lying around were a bit too Zelda-esque. Pick-pocketing and earning money through completing missions is more realistic. Collecting treasure chests only ensured the player eventually ends up with too much money, at which point there's little incentive to do any side quests for the sake of another cash reward. I hope in AC3 the money system is a bit more balanced.

Loved solving the mysteries in assassin tombs and coded glyphs, although I'm not a big fan of timed puzzles.

Having more weapons to choose from was nice, although I ended up mainly sticking to my trusty sword and hidden blade. The most useful new weapon were the smoke bombs.

Oh, and the music is fantastic, just like in AC1. Please, do everything you can to keep Jesper Kyd on any future AC projects.

djrodw777
07-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Me thinks ubi is really using the orb in reality to make mind wipe everyone into loving the game cuz it captured me hook line and sinker. most everything was brilliant to a degree that shot so far past my expectations I cant think straight.

The religious undertone is utterly engrossing, and the story so well put together one could almost ask, "what? could that be... noooo no way, adam and eve weren't alien.... were they?"

played through this game in two days on a vacation to a friends where he told me to try it... did not sleep... thanks for that ubi, send sleep aids now!

seriously though, literally its brilliant... the only things I would have loved to see and didnt was interaction with the citizens of the town where the villa is... you know a "good day sir" and things would be cool to see, but bigger then that, open up the buildings in the town... and see the insides of the homes get more granized along with the villa as you bring more money in and improve the town. throw in some citizen in distress missions to go beat the crap out of the gang building up outside the walls. the villa and the town just screams for more interaction more upgrades... it was a genius effort tho for sure.
favorite things tho... hmm
1: the deep story spanning thousands of years
2: good god the poison is a blast
3: the weapons (found myself unable to resist doing everything I could to get that next better weapon)
4: the rewards- spot on... everything you do in the game is satisfying
5: the story... wait did I say that already? seriously tho whoever wrote the story for AC1 and 2 needs a massive raise, and needs to start publishing novels
the list could take up an entire page but you get the idea.

lastly.... seriously ubisoft! I mean could you just build the damn animus already and let me be the first to test it. I know the perfect place for a secret lab.... im sure I am related to the real adam and eve in there somewhere, we could see if you somehow ironically got it all right!

thesilentkill4
07-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Too many things to write about , so I'm just going to ┤post 2 cool pictures from the skytower http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/And1slamdunk/skytower.jpg?t=1280488144
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/And1slamdunk/skytower2.jpg

NewBlade200
07-30-2010, 11:15 AM
doing an assassination mission, or a race with the epically near-perfect free-running system or taking out an impossible amount of enemies using their weapons the incredible sound track. it was all a masterpiece http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WonderHorse44
07-30-2010, 10:36 PM
perhaps this is off topic, but i downloaded the AC2 dlc on ps3 yet it doesn't work. i'm doing the 2nd download now, any idea why it wouldn't work?

MeVonKillaBetch
07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
What's not to love about this game? Honestly! To be serious though there's so much about this game that I love it's hard to choose just ONE aspect. I think it's a culmination of the sights, and sounds, and flow of this game that make it great! Sure the game suffers it's share of flaws, but what game doesn't? Despite these minor flaws the game is just damn near perfect in my eyes. It's among my favorite of all time. I hope Brotherhood further expands upon this. To be honest I didn't care much for the first Assassin's Creed, but having played though the second game I can appreciate the first game more.

ArmamentMaster
08-01-2010, 10:48 AM
the picturesque renaissance italy, the historical accuracy is near perfect, and the atmosphere is teeming with life. as the previous poster said, "what's not to love about this game?" props to ubisoft for their efforts in research and development. i'm a bit of a history buff, and i can appreciate the attention to detail.

TWOSLICKBONES
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I love the AC story itz so exciting especially the ending OMG lets keep desmond going but with different ancestors! from around the world

KCizzll
08-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I just got this game due to the sweet discount ubisoft has recently put on AC2 and splinter cell and I'm VERY glad I did. Excellent game all around but my favorite part:

Climbing!

Not so much the repetitive small climbs but the one of a kind big ones were awesome. I love that one in the first city in the hollowed out tower with the treasure inside. And the one in the middle of Forli had me head-scratching for a bit. More like this PLEASE!

The tombs would have been better without the weird camera angles locked in... if you really think we need help (most of us probably don't) then make it optional with that contextual camera button to get a clue, don't force it on us!

DJmilo5
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
definitely the free running and the variety and choice of how to assassinate your targets, hope new abilities and some great inventions in AC Brotherhood will make the choice even bigger and more enjoyable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HankTheButcher
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I would say that the whole game was well done and Ubi listened to the fans a developed a game that was much better than the original AC.

Although, I would have to say what has made me truly enjoy these games is the story. I am into history and the historical referencing from AC to AC2 is amazing!

pratienza
08-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Assassination Missions!

But without the time limit please! It would be ok if the controls were crisp

fun1-fun2_me
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I agree with pratienza, time limits just makes it more annoying.

What I really liked about AC II, was mission where you had to drive the carioge(don't know how to spell it.) with the enemies on your tail and climbing the carioge.

I mostly loved the mission where you got to fly leanardo's flying machine. That was awesome!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

UBOSOFT-Gamer
08-09-2010, 11:50 PM
The story, the history, the cities, the people who walk and dance. The music, so almost evedrything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

But i don't like the many small quest. The mission where you have to assasinat different objectives to earn money.

In my opnion the Developers put TOO MUCH of them in the game. Some would had been good, but imo is a bit over the top. Call me a jerk, but i lost the overview with the main objectives, because of the ohter unimportant missions. I don't know what is a main target and a "beside-target"

In AC3 UBISOFT shouldn't do that much targets - too earn money.

That was better in AC1. You didn't loose the overview about the targets. There weren't so much "small targets".

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

PhiIs1618033
08-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Absolutely loved the stealth assassinations that were possible and the flying machine. It's great that you've put it in Forli with sequence twelve!

Vafine
08-11-2010, 04:39 AM
I enjoied the free-running a lot !
Roofs were my favorite road. Now, in real life, when I see an old tower, I immeditely think :"If I climb here and then jump there I can mannage to reach the top...". Hm, I'm quite addicted to this game !

Sometimes I just like walking around and looking at pepoele especially during the Carnival. Everyone are well-dressed and wear mask, there are "firespitter" (don't know the word in english..) and acrobats.

I appreciate the historical accuracy and the developpement of the story, this is a really great concept ! I cannot wait to know the end of all this !

I almost forget... I like killing pepoele hehe... Poison and hidden blade are my favourite weapons, I think the gun is a little "too much" and I almost did not use it.

I like the sword fighting too. It is prettx realistic exept that the opponents are slow to attack, I like the cunter-attack animations.
I spend hours fighting guards juste for fun !

Thanks you for this really good game.

I am lokking forward to playing ACB and ACIII !

spinner461
08-14-2010, 09:10 AM
IT WAS BLODDY 15+

Myzing
08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
My favorite thing about AC2 is the fact that it has a much larger and original storyline and the use of the hidden gun.....
"Hey, your not supposed to be up here"
Ezio "**** YOU" -gunshot-

MCShortstuff86
08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
It's just so much bigger and better than AC1, but it also runs smoother. And Ezio is a lot cooler than Altair IMO.

assassinnatural
08-28-2010, 04:50 AM
one of my favourite thing was the free running gameplay and also that you kept going bacl to leanardo to create more weapons.

FaTaLMeTaL
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
when i was like "young" when ac1 came out..i was waiting only to try the freeruning i guess..but then when it came out and when i completed it.i was like really starting to asking my self questions . and when ac2 came out ofcours at the ending i was just whispering to my self "WTF" when Desmond sead it.

The real thing is that there is no better storyline of a game even created..i think there is no other story like this anywhere..

yorgarazgreece
08-31-2010, 09:21 AM
I Like to fly with the "Flying Machine"... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

USCpunk88
09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I loved more Desmond story, linking the animus with real life. Can't wait to see what he gets into in Brotherhood and then what he does in AC3.

trey_26
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Well personally the best parts of the game series, is the freedom of being able to move where ever you want, and the fact that the story is so rich and pure. Never been thought of before, i aslo hope you will let there be a future game with a someone co-op campain mode since that would just top anything ubi-soft can make http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HybridVermilion
09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Hidden blade kills, the free-running, and the multiple solutions for any given problem. You can choose to power through the game, or take your time and enjoy it.

EzioAssassin51
09-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by trey_26:
Never been thought of before, i aslo hope you will let there be a future game with a someone co-op campain mode since that would just top anything ubi-soft can make http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh yeah, the Co-Op has NEVER been thought of before http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

shadowhunter772
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Co-op would be really difficult to fit in with the campaign gameplay. It would require to people to be in two animuses and their ancestors would have to had worked together...its doable but it would be hard to make realistic

flavius717
09-06-2010, 10:38 AM
i think my favorite thing would have to be the animation kills. i always love doing counters so i can watch the cool kill. i also love fistfights and there should be more of them in brotherhood.

i dont think the AI should be all that much harder because i love being the most powerful thing out there

MolochXX
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
What did I like? Hell, what didn't I like? This game is a vast improvement over the first. The tedious bits were largely removed, the assassin has a functioning personality http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif, the cities are infinitely more interesting to look at. What I like the best, though, is the highly creative way you guys have managed to weave real history into the fabric of the story. The way reality and fiction intertwine, the way your character influences events that actually happened in reality...it's all so engrossing! The glyph puzzles were a great addition that added a whole new layer of immersion and context to the forces at large in the story.

If I could make one point of criticism, I would agree with some others here in saying that the game can be far too easy at points. Honestly, I'd be ok if Ezio/"whoever AC 3's assasin" is were a little less of a hyper-efficient killing machine, a little less stuffed to the seams with badass maneuvers if it meant that there would be some sense of actual danger. As it stands, I honestly believe this has to be the first video game you've ever played to actually get killed by a group of guards attacking you. Fighting is easy to the point of lacking any real tension. As such, there's rarely any incentive notto get into massive 15 v. 1 brawls. Yeah, you COULD be discreet and stealthy, but if you aren't, there's rarely any sort of consequence. I shouldn't be able to get away with cynically marching up to the guards blocking the doorway to my mark, killing them, killing every guard in the immediate area, then casually walking up to the target and knifing him while he either stands petrified or runs like an idiot through the surrounding area. The guy above me says he wants to feel like the most bad *** thing in the game. I would have to disagree. I want to be badass, but not to the point that there's no challenge. I want to have strengths (social stealth, free running) that, if properly utilized, allow me to avoid having my weaknesses taken advantage of. Making Ezio universally strong sort of poops on this balance.

Adding assassinations in which detection results in desynchronization is a step in the right direction, I think. The revamped fighting system MAY fix the whole "stand 'n wait" nature of the system as it exists now, but I fear that it may only achieve this by completely wiping away any pretense that Ezio was ever in danger from guards by way of making them almost comically easy to kill.

Really, it's a minor point that I've expounded upon in needless detail. Even if what I here call I flaw were never addressed, AC would still be one of my favorite game series ever. There is infinitely more to like in this game than there is not to. Keep up the amazing work, Ubisoft.

tejas13
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey everybody!

every thing is perfect!
but little thing need like tht is to chat with people with in the game!
tht will be help ful and nice

rain89c
09-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MattieC86:
It's just so much bigger and better than AC1, but it also runs smoother. And Ezio is a lot cooler than Altair IMO.
WHAT? AC2 runs smoother than AC1? NO WAY....
AC1 was way more smoother than AC2...

Ezio just dresses more fancier than Altair,
I like Altair and the 1200 AD Arabian setting more.

The only thing AC2 has over AC1 was the GAMEPLAY and better storyline with character progression and development.

ezio649
09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I love the free-running, which i would like to try, but unfortunatly, we dont have building like tose in U.S. I also like chasing ppl who r running from u. Jumping across building, while he's running through the street. Then u air assassinate them at the last moment, right b4 he reaches his destination. I also love the Truth video.

DivineBerry
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I love that we can have horse combat now thats so awesome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phanku
09-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I loved everything of the game. Keep it the same way for AC3 but add a few things.

1) I think there should be a mini headquarters in each city that you can go to. Inside those should be mini games so you can get up mid updates for your mini weapons (aka the throwables)

2) Allow users to back up save game data.

3) Give grappling hook to easier get to roofs.

4) All users to change into different costumes we gather as we progress (change in the mini head quarters).

EdM4ll3n
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I think that it would be good to have wall running available all the time so that you can run alone walls to escape/strike etc. Being able to strike with weapons at the same time would be cool.

Hsving a storyline that would allow you to interchange between the historic and present day scenarios would add another dimension to the game. Imagine a sort of blue tooth connection (without the ear piece in a medieval seting obviously) back to the present day so that Ezio could interact with the 21st century as well as the 15th. Then perhaps you could flick between the two centuries fighting the historic and present day enemies......hhhmmm.....is it possible?

Chris2010910
09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
game needs to be alot longer tbh...

meaning more quests and stuff, i completed all the quests in like 1 and a half days

Little1_572
09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Chris2010910:
game needs to be alot longer tbh...

meaning more quests and stuff, i completed all the quests in like 1 and a half days

If u just play normal and not do everything at once then it takes alot longer.

HannahCrazy
09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
What I liked the best is actually kind of hard for me to decide. I think the game was an amazing piece of work. I love how the creators changed the things the players were unhappy with in AC. Most of the things they changed really made me feel like: Wow! They care about their audience!
I love the fact that in this one you can swim, especially the diving part so guards can't see you, I just wished that he could dive for a longer time, because usually the guards are still looking for Ezio when he comes up for air. I also really loved being in the water, and then climbing onto a gondola. It surprised me at first that the men on the gondolas fell in the water out of surprise and died because they couldn't swim. That's quite a safety hazard. You're in the water all day, but you can't swim if you fall in? That's probably one of the things I'd like to change. It'd also be nice if they actually accepted like 150 florins to sail you to your destinations, or just until you jumped off the boat.
I enjoyed the tombs as well, especially the ones where you had to use your brain to figure out how to get to the ledge above you. It was simulating for the brain, and that's wonderful.
I also loved the adrenaline kick you got when you had to chase the guards in some of the tombs, that part was awesome!
I loved how the free-running was in this game. In the first one it was pretty sweet, but here it was just awesome. Especially because he was able to jump a little farther than Alta´r (at least it seemed like it), and then just looking at the beautiful italian view.
-And using those swinging flower things was an amazing experience!!
Also being able to revisit the Auditore palazzo later in the game when Ezio grew older was a big thing for me.
I also very much liked how you saw Ezio's life from the age of 17 to 40. How his (SPOILER IF YOU DIDNT PLAY THE GAME) father and brothers were killed, the pain he experienced really made me angry. An hunting down his enemies were a big kick for me, because I felt like I was getting revenge for those horrible things they did too.
In the beginning of the game, when Vieri throws a rock at Ezio, and he gets the scar on his lip, I was like: Cooooool!
Cause Desmond has one (probably from a bar-fight), Alta´r had one (most likely from fighting templars) and Ezio had one from getting a rock thrown at his face.
Also I absolutely cannot do anything but love how they made Ezio look! That boy/man/guy is very handsome! I often stop him and zoom in on his face and look at his stunning features. I think the way they made the characters was spectacular. The graphics were amazing too,
the storyline was superb and so was the cinematics.
In the end of the game where he nearly kills Rodrigo Borgia aka the Spaniard, I really felt like I wanted to kill him myself, so I was a little dissapointed (VERY LITTLE) that Ezio was such a good man to let him live. And the whole Minerva thing was just amazing. I kept thinking: Why's she looking at me? and then she said "The rest is up to you... Desmond" I really dropped my jaw on the floor.
Also collecting the feathers in return of the Auditore cape was really great. I loved how (spoiler if you didn't get all the feathers) his mother thanked him for not forgetting about her.
And the Truth was awesome! I really enjoyed putting all those puzzles together, but I have to say where you (spoiler) connect those things like fire and Jeanne D'arc together, a woman screams and it says 'they burned her alive', really freaked me out.
I loved the funny scenes in it. Like, 'It's a-me! Mario!!", "Ezio, Bianca, Bianca, Ezio" (the sword thing) and so many others. There were also several of the scenes, for example where this song comes on (forgot the name of that song), and then all the others come out and help Ezio in battle and tell him that he's not alone, and they're by his side. Those really made me tear up. (I'm a girl btw.)
And your best friend is Leonardo da Vinci! I've loved Leonardo since I heard about him like 9 years ago, and I also read a book about Niccolˇ Machiavelli before this game came out, so I really felt like I knew this games people. (some of them at least).
And all the history you researched for this game, the databases and everything was awesome.
Also how you see that girls really love Ezio. Like Christina Vespucci (Something like that), and how couldn't they not like him?
Before I saw the AC:B trailer I actually hadn't thought of anything to change or add to the game, but now you've proved that you have awesome imaginations to come up with all of this.
This game has storyline, gameplay, graphics and music wise been the best game I have ever played (and I've played very many!).
Jesper Kyd was the right soundtrack composer, and he's from the same country as me, which I think is cool.

THANK YOU UBISOFT FOR SUCH AN AMAZING GAMING EXPERIENCE!
(Wow, this was VEEERRYYY LONG)
I could think of more of my favorite things about this game, but I can actually sum them all up in 2 words and 1 number: Assassin's Creed 2.

TiFo xStealthZ
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
i liked fighting against the brutes and men with spears, and liked the element that you could break a spear with your arm. i liked the free-running too, but i would have liked it if walking like a blade in the crowd had been more in the game, but the rest of the game is freakin AWES0ME! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Eanorel2010
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I liked:

1. The breathtaking views (even though the cities could be a little less uniform)

2. The stronger "adventure" element. It was excellent to follow Ezio's life and have a real motive for what we do and not just a dry assassination order from some "master".

3. The Carnival setting, the fireworks and ezio with a mask -not the golden one. (how romantic! They could have incorporated a romantic side mission there)

4. The carnival game where you have to steal the girls ribbons. Very fitting to the moment. Cute and sexy. Another smilling moment.

5. The fact that Ezio is sexy

6. The fact that Ezio is silly (there were numerous occasions where I could myself smilling while watching the cinematics. The face expressions were precious. Especially the scene where Leo scares Ezio about cutting off his finger)

7. The plant holders that allow you to turn around buildings "the cool way"

8. The "Prince of Persia" style tomb missions

9. Ezio's voice (though sometimes is silly but I think it fits the bubbly personality of the character)

10. The finishing moves in killings. Especially the spear and the fast multiple stubbing.

11. The lovely dream sequence about Altair and Maria. Emotion and character exposure always pays off.

12. No more beggars and annoying crazy people (whayyyy!).

13. Funny minstrels. I like to listen to their songs and then beat them up. Really rewarding and funny.

I did not like:

1. The need to be constantly online

2. Not being able to replay the memories after I finished the game

3. Not being able to skip the cinematics (the second time through some of the are a drag)

4. The fact that while Ezio was supposed to be such a womanizer we don't really see any real "conquests" of him except a couple almost accidental encounters with women who dissapear almost insantly from the game. I don't say there should be more sex but there should be more romance. Especially with a character like Ezio. There could easily be some side non obligatory quests where Ezio has to do something to gain the favour of some lady. The race quest in Forli was excellent and fun.

5. The meaningless collections of treasures and feathers. No real reward for them.

6. The fact you cannot change clothes (I don't mean colour). Sometimes it felt better to be able to wear the "normal" clothes for example. And having to visit the villa to change weapons and such or get the money was a nightmare. money should enter our purse automatically.

7. The fact that while it is obvious there are women among the assassin's we don't really feel they are as dangerous as men. Paola (if I remember her name right) tells him she cannot teach him how to be a killer just to show him how to survive. She only teaches him how to steal and blend. "Girls stuff"! Even Rosa who is more streetwise apart for cusing a lot she doesn't appear any skilled or cool at all. Where are the noteworthy female characters? I hope there will be a female ancestor some time in the future.

8. Desmond. How boring (and ugly) is this guy? He doesn't look like a worthy decentant of Altair and Ezio. I hope he becomes more exciting in the future.

9. Gondolas are cool and romantic but almost useless in the game.

10. No real danger

Alonso8877
09-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Throwing out those "LOL THINK FAST!" moments was also fun and suspenseful when you have to stop at corners and duck into crowds when your target turns around, or when they pass through a guard line into a restricted area and you have to climb the building really fast in hopes that you don't lose them

Wulfgaar
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
i liked the dead body flop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif lol jk, tht wuz one of the only things i didnt like about the game.

afrothunder520
09-26-2010, 08:09 AM
i really liked the glyphs all solved with out help

froggywoggy
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I love the idea of stealth. The way you can use your whole environment to approach a target. I felt this more in AC1 than 2. I suppose in AC1 you really did fight alone and that worked great. I never felt like I needed my own squad of assassin's who appear out of nowhere (hem hem) to help me complete my missions.
I'm glad the parkour appears to be improving all the time and cannot wait to see what AC3 (not brotherhood) looks like in a few years from now. Hopefully it'll be as revolutionary as Ac1 was.

SixKeys
09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Somebody mentioned the need for more romantic "conquests" with Ezio. Please, for the love of all things holy, no! I'm sick and tired of having forced romantic subplots stuffed into games as well as movies. If I want to see romance, I'll go watch a chick flick. If I want to pretend to be an assassin, I'll play Assassin's Creed. The little bits of womanizing Ezio did in AC2 was just enough for character development, amping it up would lose focus of the real story.

Eanorel2010
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Somebody mentioned the need for more romantic "conquests" with Ezio. Please, for the love of all things holy, no! I'm sick and tired of having forced romantic subplots stuffed into games as well as movies. If I want to see romance, I'll go watch a chick flick. If I want to pretend to be an assassin, I'll play Assassin's Creed. The little bits of womanizing Ezio did in AC2 was just enough for character development, amping it up would lose focus of the real story.

I totally disagree with you. The game industry suffers from exactly the opposite. It is full of mindless huck n slash games with no real character presentation and development. It would be very refreashing and satisfiyng for nce to see a character which is shown to be what it is supposed to be. Ezio is supposed to be a womanizer but we don't really see that and that is a flaw. Now if Altair was "forced" to have romantic side-quests that would be out of character and it would detract from the game.

And now that I think about it that comment of yours about "watching a chick-flick" sounds interesting and innovating. I would love to see a "chick-game" where the plot is mainly romantic. A few years ago I played a text adventure with pirates and stuff and it was full of action and romance at the samew time and it turned to be one of my favorite games. I don't rememeber ever seen anything like that before or after that. It is as if the games are made for 13 year old shallow hyperactive boys. I mean we are ready to play games with mindless action and gore but we are afraid of a little emotion? It won't bite. I promise.

Brianmystery2.5
09-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Sex

DRskiTTlets4528
09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
counter kills are my favorite especially with the axe and the spear?halberd.

Lethalla
09-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Ezio's voice is sooooooooo sexy... I couldn't believe Roger Craig Smith isn't Italian, he's got the accent perfectly (to my ears, anyway) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Things I really loved - the jump & kill (also an Altair move) is always satisfying. It's a good stress release after a hard day's work.
Plus I love being able to walk up and knife two guards in the face at the same time - and the jump off the tower to kill a rooftop guard.

Hell, I'd like a wee bit more romance in it. Killing and questing are fun, but maybe there could be a couple of sidequests for us girls. As if we're not in love enough with him already!!

Being a bit squeamish on heights I'm not that keen on Leap of Faith... though I can watch them now.
Yes it's great there are no beggars or crazys but the minstrels annoy me. They don't bother anyone else, do they?

Counting the days till Brotherhood's release...

GamingGuru1992
09-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I greatly enjoyed but at the same time was really frustrated by the assassinations in Bonfires of the Vanities. I liked how I had to really plan out my assassinations rather than charge in and stab. I liked how I had to map my way to my target and silently take out guards along the way. Brilliant when it all came together, annoying as hell when I was spotted at the last minute and had to restart.

I also enjoyed the cinematic moments in the game such as the assassination of Carlo Grimaldi, they brought a really nice pace to the game.

I really enjoyed the level of customisation and a greater variety of creative moves in both freeroam and combat. Both these areas should definately be expanded on further.

Finaly I loved having a much more human character to play as. Altair was extremely cool, but it was nice to see some story and emotion behind all the bloodshed this time.

Persia933
09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
The reason why I loved this game is that it's based on stealth. So then I have to plan who I'm going to kill and plan things out, it's awesome! In my opinion "Stealth" is the best game genre.

But then sometimes, you can't really like duck/crouch to hide, but when that feature gets added that will really make the whole game change.

I also loved that the game has a free roaming feature.

faka-me
10-02-2010, 04:42 AM
i really liked the spring boards in the 'bonfires of the vanities' they were a really cool way of escaping guards and just for messing about.

blacktiger00
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Best things about AC2.... hard to pick.

1) the change of pace in the whole carnivale section. That was good fun. Just being able to effectively do the same thing but in a whole new manner and a more light hearted manner

2) The horse race. Not only was the whole situation funny but it was a nice change of pace from the run around rooftops race of normal

3) The whole dream thing with Maria and Altair. That was just amazingly clever.

They would definetly have to be my three favorite things gameplay wise from assassins creed.
Just difficultly wise it would have been nice for the missions where you had to find your target if it didn't show up on the map a search area. Just simply saying the district would have been better because it would have forced you to really think and search instead of just walking over there, turning on eagle vision and 'oh look, there he is.'

dalby2010
10-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Really ac2 was exellent in almost every way but i think a major improvment would be to let you replay the missions i hated doing the entire game again just to play that orgasmic rome mission

HosAndOreos
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
What I loved About AC2 is how you have to sneak to keep close to your target, and I also love the free-running.
I also like the wide weapon Variety, like the hidden gun, double blades, poison blades, and taking enemy's weapons too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
I'm very excited for ACB, and I hope to get the Collector's Edition http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

trey_26
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
The best part is the freedom to do what you choose, and what I really love about this newest addition to the game series is how when you take over different regions it affects how your brotherhood does as a whole. It reminds me of an odlre game that was called Freedom Fighters. Well at least thats what I thought it was called, anyways also how the fight sequences are they are so realalistic even more since the AI seems much more agressive.

ProjectXigis
10-09-2010, 01:54 AM
For me, it was practically everything. It was all twice as better than the first game, especially the story and the main character. Though I do have some minor complaints and replies to other users.

1) Dropping: The entire system with looking down to look at the street below is great in both games, but the fall is what bothers me the most about it. In the ACII Carnevale trailer after Ezio catches up to his target, he falls down to the street and lands without a scratch, and seems godly to do so as he looks at his target. It would be awesome if he could drop down without grabbing the ledge, since Ezio could clearly fall without harming himself.

2) View Points: There are a few things about this topic I would like to complain about. First, in my opinion, there TOO MANY View Points! I think two or three for each district would be perfect instead of five or six. I would, of course, explore everything anyway!

Second, would it be difficult to make the character simply stand on the wooden plank like he does on buildings (looking down)? I think the way both Altair and Ezio crouched down made it seem like he was just hanging out instead of looking out over the city.

Lastly, if making him just stand up is too difficult or whatnot, could you make his clothes go OVER the plank instead of going THROUGH it? It's a huge (but also minor) peeve of mine to see that something so simple could be overlooked.

3) Romance: YES. I am a guy, but I would love to see Ezio courting a female or two in separate missions. Although, they would be optional assignments and not crucial to the overall story or synchronization.

4) Beggars: NONE? In the first game, I hated them with a passion, especially since all they asked was "for a few coins", and I couldn't do that. But now that you put in the option to throw money (which is BRILLIANT and useful, by the way) to the crowds, beggars would have been great to have in the game!

5) Minerva: Let me say that the entire way that she blew Ezio off to talk to Desmond was understandable, but did she REALLY need to that? I mean, couldn't she say "thank you for putting up with all of your **** to do this for mankind"? But NO! She had to be a friggin' god-b***h and practically say that he was worthless!

6) Aging: Mainly the way that Ezio was the only one is aged. I was shocked that his little sister looked 16/17 when Ezio looked 40, along with everyone else! PLEASE age everyone important!

7) <STRIKE>Assassination: Nothing big, but I really missed the High Profile Assassination from the first game. You know, where Altair walks up behind a target, pushes him down to his knees from behind, and stabs his hidden blade into his neck. I feel like I was humiliating my target in front of everyone, basically saying "HA!" to everyone around, since they were bound to notice one way or another. Why not do it style, huh?</STRIKE> Never mind, just discovered I could still do it!

Misc

@froggywoggy: I don't think the Apprentices are needed to fight. Of course, I DEFINITELY will be using them since they're great, but I think you can play without them, though they are always there. Not sure, though.

TheFallenAngel6
10-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Mine was the Villa. Something new that i didn't expect them to bring into the series.

dalby2010
10-10-2010, 03:22 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">** Edit: I don't think we need to know that.. remember the forum rules.. </span>

JimmithyWeav
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
arent we allowed to go to florence in AC BH?

Stealth__
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
The free running on the roofs and the assasins tombs.

JimmithyWeav
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
uhhh probably new maps and MAYBE new characters and new game types?

Slot496
10-13-2010, 11:14 AM
For Me New Characters , New Items , Weapon and anything That a Assassin Need

Mercenarynote
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Wow. Well it was a major improvement from Assassins creed for many reasons.

1) THE MUSIC: One of my biggest attractions to AC2 was the fact that its score was so well done. I know Jesper Kyd was the composer for both games, but it seemed like the music was just more livelier in the second. This is probably because Dark Age music is more dreary than the more humanist- inclined Renaissance music, but I still feel that AC1 could have done a much better job with its score. AC2 keeps you for the game play, but it hooks you in with the music.

2) FASTER: Everything just felt faster in AC2. I know for a fact the climbing was, but even the combat felt quicker and not as drawn out as it was in AC 1, partly because the kills felt more rewarding playing with Ezio (but thats probably just personal taste). If a game seems like its taking too long to lift off, than its hart to keep an audience. I'm glad to say AC 2 didn't do that.

3) VIBRANT: Again its probably because AC1 was set in the Middle East during the Dark Ages, but AC 2 just seemed more beautiful than anything I saw in AC 1. Venice was particularly beautiful in the night, compared to say Jerusalem or Damascus. Even the character models were more livelier in actions than they were in AC 1.

I could say more, but I'd just end up writing an Essay. All in all, everything that AC 1 did wrong, AC 2 corrected 10 fold. Both games were not bad, but it was AC 2 that was Great.

Persia933
10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ProjectXigis:
3) Romance: YES. I am a guy, but I would love to see Ezio courting a female or two in separate missions. Although, they would be optional assignments and not crucial to the overall story or synchronization.

Do you know how hard it was for me to get this game when it said "Sexual themes" on it!?

I don't want much romance in it, I also really don't like vehicles in the game.

I already posted what I liked about this game but I'm going to post what I don't really want...

sandmanssorrow
10-15-2010, 10:37 PM
The Assassins Creed franchise has the most nimble avatar controls and environmental immersion.
It's a lot of fun!

FaTaLMeTaL
10-19-2010, 12:08 PM
the storyline and freeruning also the delaying of the game is preaty fun.......NOT!