PDA

View Full Version : RUSE "into the bears claws" second to last mission

wearytrash
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I've been having trouble with the second to last mission. I don't know what to take and in what order. I do fine protecting my base it's just that the A.I. Hits the 2000 supply mark and I lose. Can any one give me some tips.

Spartan3179
09-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I just finished this mission today and the way I did it was to build whatever base defences you want as well as at least 10 heavy tanks, ie Pershings and move them as one close but just out of range of the enemies base defences. Activate the spy ruse to give your units extra range and blitze as well and slowly move forwards and clear as much as possible paying extra attention to the trees with Flak 88s. It might take a few minuts so make sure you got enough ruse cards to play the Spy ruse and Blitze to clear as much space as possible. Once the both woods with the Flak 88s are clear Para drop in as much troops as you can afford and then just blitze to the base for a capture http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif This mission was definatly the hardest in the entire game, took me at least 6 tries before I figured it out. Good luck.

wearytrash
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks man!

A4especiBOT
10-02-2010, 09:06 AM
This was a VERY difficult mission. It took me a fair while.

The best approach is to:
a) send infantry west to the crossroads + city. Leave them there for now.
b) send infantry north to the city on outskirts of main ussr force (centre of map)
c) build some aa defence/anti-tank etc. +and fight/bomb airplanes.

The should be on 200-300 supplies now.

d) Send armor from 2nd (inland) base towards the left. Accompany with some airplanes and recon. BUT leave some armor to the right to stop supplies.
e)Use armor and clear decoy base to north.
f)Use spy ruse and bomb base to left (where u intially dropped paras, the tank base). Send paras to capture points. Use the new infantry barracks + tank base to clear base to north. Start making tanks and sending them north.
g)Send the armor from e) westward across bridge BUT they have Anti-tank in woods. Drop paras on them (>7 units).
h) Use paras to capture everthing there.
i) Redivert tanks to the East, block road linking new supply line from airfield to centre ussr.
j)Send new armor division to right island. Accompany with infantry, and use bombers to clear woods.
k) now that it's clear, send paras over the right island enroute to the north airbase. Use 15 units. Capture all assets. They have 2 airfields, 4 supply, inf barrack, some antitank.
l) Armor and paras should have met up by now.
m) With your 4 airfields mass produce planes. Gather forces on all sides.

It's just a matter of crushing the USSR middle base now.

InfiniteStates
10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I did this mission on the hardest setting - eventually.

Remember that the losing condition is the enemy getting supplies. The key is to camp infantry on all his supply routes. You can reach most of them pretty easily - research paratroopers quickly. They are your friend. And keep your 2 starting bases under camo nets.

When I did it I went for the armour base first. If you take out the 2 recon units there you can drop paratroopers in the trees all over it.

The infantry base is also easy paratrooper pickings. Between those 2 bases he has a prototype base which you need to deal with soon after taking the armour and infantry. He will spam units out of there if you're not careful and that can be trouble. There's also an AA base here as well, so just park some tanks next to the buildings until the infantry can move in on ground.

Then your biggest problem becomes the 2 airfields over the other side of the map. Once they are dealt with you can surround the middle and clean it out at your leisure.

kalijon
10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Uh... here's what I did.

1.)Send infantry/recon to the south west to capture the supply line and set up light defense so that no supply truck sneaks by me without being destroyed

2.) Use armor base to build some tanks to take out the nearby infantry. 2 light tanks 1 medium and 2 armored recon should do it + terror.*

*once infantry is down, time to drop some paratroopers. You should have some to the north in the trees, to stop the eventual supply line and a few to capture the nearby barracks, covered by your tanks.

3.) drop 1 <- (!) paratrooper into the city square right by the enemy armor base to the lower left. Air support will help a lot. Use fighter bombers to destroy their recon and use paratroopers to command the trees. If you play it correctly, you should be able to capture everything there.

4.) Enemy should start testing your main defense. Frankly, you don't need to worry about it too much.

5.) Take the tanks from the south-west and move north to the prototype base. You should meet up with your initial tank force since they were able to capture the barracks

6.) move entire army north to capture 3 supply depots before moving east to the two airports at the back. Having paratroopers capture everything (you need 6+) is a great help.

7.) use your fighter bombers and bombers to destroy the machine gun nest and anti tank gun. Anti-air units will shoot down your flying units, but by then it won't matter.

8.) Hopefully you kept some infantry alive until now, if not, drop in some paratroopers right before step 7

9.) Once you take out the machine gun nest and clear the forest of AA, it's very easy to capture the command center. Blitz + fanaticism will help as well.

That's how I did it. I basically made a huge circle and attacked from the rear, erstwhile collecting resources and enemy buildings.

It is true that the enemy will send a huge tank rush at you, destroying your first base, but if you play my way, it doesn't matter. When you capture the CC you'll see a long line of big red chips, probably near the armor base you captured in the south-west.

Good luck.

cable_dawg602
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
If you simply just want to beat the mission without the secondary objectives here's what you do.

Your base to the north has an armor base and airfield. What I did was spam out 15 Sherman's and 10 Stuart's (what ever you can build with what resources you get.) try to creep a willy so you can see the AA guns in the forest to the South of the main base. NOW send all your Sherman's to the north of that forest creeping toward that god awful MG bunker and eliminating the AA tanks while you Simultaneously send your Stuarts south of that forest to surround it. As your Sherman's eliminate that MG bunker by that HQ send them back down to help with the tanks. At this time you should have been able to eliminate the AA guns in the forest with your Stuarts. You should have some more resources by now either send more Shermans to destroy key buildings (I.e the armor and artillery bases just for that west side.) or finish destroying the 3-4 heavy tanks you might have missed (by separating their fire by both tank columns the medium advanced to the north of that south west forest and Stuarts to the south of that same forest they should have made some easy pickings)

Once the heavy tanks and AA tanks are elminated drop in 4-5 paratroopers far enough away from getting shot down by the AA guns in that northern forests but not too far off from getting picked off by the remaining mop up force either) to capture the HQ.

Blitz and Fanaticism are going to be your best friends here use them to push forward and shock the reinforced base BTW it is very important that you divide your forces between that south west forest because if you send them all together to the north east of that patch is an anti tank base with 3-4 heavy tanks and 2-3 AT guns so by surrounding them it will be very hard to concentrate their fire on that initial rush. Resources will be limited and you'll only have at best two shots to do it but once it's done your airborne troops should be able to walk in uncontested.

Painthreshold
10-05-2010, 08:31 AM
I usually try and capture as much stuff as quick as possible, and either use them or they will be destroyed by the enemy forces..... Pershings and Recon are your friends

InfiniteStates
10-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Painthreshold:
Pershings and Recon are your friends
I disagree - infantry and paras are your best friend (I've only done it on hard).

You can put infantry on all the roads into his base and he won't get a single supply. I took an hour to do this mission (I was taking my time, enjoying the decimation of his forces) and when I'd finished he still only had the resources he managed to get at the start (I think it was about 300).

You need to take out the armour base fast though, and then the prototype base or the infantry base followed by the other. Then the airfields. Once they are all gone, the map is yours to do as you wish.

THE_RED_DRAGON
10-07-2010, 06:35 AM
http://www.battlestrats.com/fo...into-the-bears-jaws/ (http://www.battlestrats.com/forums/topic/2520-into-the-bears-jaws/)

Here is a walkthrough I did of the level. This is pretty time consuming but pretty solid

parakas2010
10-08-2010, 12:27 AM
is important to know that any captured enemy structure unlocks for you same to build. There fore paratropers are key.
1.from tank and airport base in map center sent paratropers to all woods next to enemy supplay roads.
2.capture prototipe and HQ base by dropping paras next to ajasent town. rush and clean town (mobile AA in town).

this will allow to build your own prototipe base and produce heavy arti. arti and recon will be quick solution for any enemy defences in HQ town.
p.s. you should some time neutralize enemy tank structure