PDA

View Full Version : Steam Activation

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Well, i've never bought any real game (only from steam and i didnt got the physical copy) but i would like to have a collector edition but than i would not have it on steam...

My idea is to make an instalation that asks you if you want it thought steam or not (like for FM2010/2011 and for every valve game)... After installing you put the CD-Key and than your game is only associated to that steam account...

Please?

reini03
05-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Isn't Assassin's Creed doing the same? It says that the game disc is not required to play the game on PC.

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Isn't Assassin's Creed doing the same? It says that the game disc is not required to play the game on PC.

You don't need the disk cuz it instals the DRM whish is suficient but i would like to have the option to associate a physical copy of the game to my steam account so i wouldn't need to have my disk always with me when i want to instal the game...

KingDaniel0
05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Steam Activation

Do you want to add a non-Steam Game to your Library ? Is this what you are asking, or some other thing ?

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=2219-YDJV-5557 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557)

---------------------------------------------------------------

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Steam Activation

Do you want to add a non-Steam Game to your Library ? Is this what you are asking, or some other thing ?

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=2219-YDJV-5557 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no no... if u had a non-steam game to steam and u change pc u wont be able to instal the game thought steam... i want to buy a physical copy, asociate it to my steam, go to my friends house and be able to download the game via steam (like if i had bought the game via steam)...

Have u ever instaled FM 2010? it asked u at start if you would want to instal it in steam...

KingDaniel0
05-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

No no no... if u had a non-steam game to steam and u change pc u wont be able to instal the game thought steam... i want to buy a physical copy, asociate it to my steam, go to my friends house and be able to download the game via steam (like if i had bought the game via steam)...

Have u ever instaled FM 2010? it asked u at start if you would want to instal it in steam...

Alright, then I have no idea how this can be done for Assassin's Creed. By FM 2010 you mean, Football Manager, right ? I've never installed this Game.

Yes, if you add a non-Steam game to the Library, then you can't update/install that particular game. Btw, I'm not sure whether this can be done for ALL games, like FM2010, unless there is an Option for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Alright, then I have no idea how this can be done for Assassin's Creed. By FM 2010 you mean, Football Manager, right ? I've never installed this Game.

Yes, if you add a non-Steam game to the Library, then you can't update/install that particular game. Btw, I'm not sure whether this can be done for ALL games, like FM2010, unless there is an Option for it.

----------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact, only football manager 2010, fm 2011, cod mw2/bo and valve games PHYSICAL copies are supported to activate in the steam account... What i'm asking is for AcR they support it too...

I've not bought collector edition from ac2 and brotherhood due to that problem... i hate CD's and steam is very stable...