PDA

View Full Version : Weaponload dies when pilot does

jugent
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I think that weaponloads as torpedoes dont do damage if the plane that launched it is shoot down.
Is it so?
Othervise can a US destroyer take two torpedoehits with no sign of damage.

Tully__
08-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Definitely in online missions, if you die before your bomb/torpedo hits the target it does no damage.

Atomic_Marten
08-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah.. that really needs to be fixed. Or at least for BoB.

Hm that reminds me, does anyone knows does bullets do some damage after pilot is killed?

x6BL_Brando
08-01-2005, 02:59 PM
At least you can get killed by flying into a plane with a dead pilot. Now THAT would be a bug! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
08-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Not offline.

HotelBushranger
08-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Yes Atomic Marten, bullets from a dead pilots plane can kill, thats happened a couple times with 1 on 1's online. Say I'd kill the opposing pilot, his cannon shell could still bugger my engine.

BBB_Hyperion
08-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Nothing has been done in this matter but i guess maybe the bomb drop and refly teamkillers had something to do with it that it is like it is now.

Atomic_Marten
08-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
Yes Atomic Marten, bullets from a dead pilots plane can kill, thats happened a couple times with 1 on 1's online. Say I'd kill the opposing pilot, his cannon shell could still bugger my engine.

Thanks. Believe it or not, in about 4 years that I play this game, I have never pay attention to that.

Utchoud
08-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Recently, in a thread started in Spanish, Tooz explained (in English) that he had communicated with Oleg about this issue and had been told this bug is not going to be fixed due to too much rework required on game online engine.

Uff... one of the longest sentences I've ever produced in English.

Atomic_Marten
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I have assumed such epilogue of this story.. hopefully this will change in BoB.

jugent
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I think that it shall prevent kamikaze attacks on carriers and that it was introduced in PF.
USN dont want their carriers to be blown up.

SlickStick
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Actually, it's been this way online for quite some time...maybe as far back as IL-2.

The first time I noticed it online was on a server with AI planes and someone was flying the Mistel, thinking they would cause some damage at the enemy base. However, due to the online code, as soon as the pilot dies (and he does as the plane impacts), the Mistel does absolutely no damage. It took the guy about eight tries before he'd listen to the chat telling him that it is not doing any damage, lol.

It wasn't changed just for PF, but yes it does interfere with kamikaze tactics. C'est la vie....'tis better to come home alive, IMHO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif