PDA

View Full Version : For those of you on the fence about purchasing or installing Pacific Fighters.

jamendt
11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
For those who say this feels like "just an add on" - your nuts.

Been playing since Thursday and I wanted to say awesome job guys! Incredibly immersive. Just to start on a carrier deck with the wings folded back, slide the cannopy open the smell of salt water, set the flaps, rev the engine and pray you dont swim. that alone is worth the $40 and also the fact that I will be playing this game a year from now as well. Also the A-20 and the B25 are both awesome rides that should be experienced at least once in coop with your homies flying and you gunning, truly great fun!
Bottomline is... if you are new to this series, Don't let the negative posts scare you away from this awesome game, it rocks and the system requirements are not that extreme I have been flying with a buddy for 4 days now with no glitches or lock ups, he has a p4 1.4 with 256megs of ram and a 32meg geforce card(cant remember model #)when we read the box and saw the requirements we thought he may have issues but he tells me it runs as smooth as FB and ACES. We have been playing COOP on UBI.com since we got it and it is as lag free as always! Go buy it, install and enjoy! Excellent work 1c maddox crew.

jamendt
11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
For those who say this feels like "just an add on" - your nuts.

Been playing since Thursday and I wanted to say awesome job guys! Incredibly immersive. Just to start on a carrier deck with the wings folded back, slide the cannopy open the smell of salt water, set the flaps, rev the engine and pray you dont swim. that alone is worth the $40 and also the fact that I will be playing this game a year from now as well. Also the A-20 and the B25 are both awesome rides that should be experienced at least once in coop with your homies flying and you gunning, truly great fun!
Bottomline is... if you are new to this series, Don't let the negative posts scare you away from this awesome game, it rocks and the system requirements are not that extreme I have been flying with a buddy for 4 days now with no glitches or lock ups, he has a p4 1.4 with 256megs of ram and a 32meg geforce card(cant remember model #)when we read the box and saw the requirements we thought he may have issues but he tells me it runs as smooth as FB and ACES. We have been playing COOP on UBI.com since we got it and it is as lag free as always! Go buy it, install and enjoy! Excellent work 1c maddox crew.

Coinshooter
11-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Bravo!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. I would say that anyone that is unhappy with PF should go fly a kite!(That's a joke son!)
Chuck

Bearcat99
11-01-2004, 06:15 PM
To expect a piece of software like this that is bug free is ludicrous. However we should all be aware of whom we are dealing with number one and the fact that no one will be satisfied 100% but pouind for pound across the board PF rocks... as an add on adding it to FB it really rocks. It kills me how people are willing to pay for the add ons for CFS like Midway and Tuskegee Fighters etc.. but they dont hold a candle to PF. Some people say that PF sdhould be and add on.... but they are talking out the side of thier necks.. they should A)Wait for the the rest of the thing to be issued.. and B)Look for another sim that would issue a free add on with all this stuff. The fact that it CAN be used as a stand alone ,akes it a stand alone IMO.. The fact that it can be used with FB2.04 just makes it even better.

icrash
11-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Oleg & company has yet to disappoint me in terms of what I got for the money I paid. AEP and now PF are the two that I spend the most time playing. I've got games that I have spent as much or a little more for and either don't play or rarely play them. I have always liked the old warbirds and getting to fly them, even in a sim, is great. The attention to detail is what definately puts it ahead of the rest of the flight sims. Big thanks for the hard
work to Oleg & crew.