PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: For your consideration.

JamesBlonde888
09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Having never adressed a post to you directly Oleg I firstly would like to thank you for your first class sim. As a harcore simmer from way back the Il-2 series has incorporated the level of detail that I have hoped for ever since the days of 'F-19 Stealth fighter'.

The omission to which I refer in the title is the absence of a windsock at any of the airfields in the game.

Since upgrading to version 4.04m of the PF+FB+AEP series I have noticed a marked improvement in the weather systems of the game and it seems that some indication of wind direction will become neccesary in the future. I am aware that an animated windsock would be complicated to create but it might be worth considering since programming this item would have the secondary effect of enabling a programmer to find a way of incorporating a variable weather system. As we enter a time where these things are becoming more and more possible and trivial features of the game such as aircraft types and markings move into the 3rd party area it would be well worth considering work on this area which, along with the existing product, would bring an unprecedented level of realism to the simulation.

Kind Reguards.

JamesBlonde888

JamesBlonde888
09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Having never adressed a post to you directly Oleg I firstly would like to thank you for your first class sim. As a harcore simmer from way back the Il-2 series has incorporated the level of detail that I have hoped for ever since the days of 'F-19 Stealth fighter'.

The omission to which I refer in the title is the absence of a windsock at any of the airfields in the game.

Since upgrading to version 4.04m of the PF+FB+AEP series I have noticed a marked improvement in the weather systems of the game and it seems that some indication of wind direction will become neccesary in the future. I am aware that an animated windsock would be complicated to create but it might be worth considering since programming this item would have the secondary effect of enabling a programmer to find a way of incorporating a variable weather system. As we enter a time where these things are becoming more and more possible and trivial features of the game such as aircraft types and markings move into the 3rd party area it would be well worth considering work on this area which, along with the existing product, would bring an unprecedented level of realism to the simulation.

Kind Reguards.

JamesBlonde888

zbw_109
10-06-2006, 07:51 PM
This feature will not be included until the 3 SOW add-on (in 2056 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)
I am Oleg

FritzGryphon
10-06-2006, 07:56 PM
The wind never actually changes direction, so a sock would have limited value.

It's been said that the wind always blows from the north. The only one I tested was coral sea online, and it is from the north.

You can tell wind direction by looking at your airspeed indicator while on the ground. Point your airplane in different directions to find out where the wind is from.

slappedsilly
10-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Cool, I never noticed that before!

VW-IceFire
10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I think Storm of War will probably feature this. Considering that they have a whole weather system setup.

JamesBlonde888
10-19-2006, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
The wind never actually changes direction, so a sock would have limited value.

It's been said that the wind always blows from the north. The only one I tested was coral sea online, and it is from the north.

You can tell wind direction by looking at your airspeed indicator while on the ground. Point your airplane in different directions to find out where the wind is from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I was getting at is that a windsock will indicate the direction of the wind so the reverse must also be possibe, ie having the direction of the in game wind dictated by the shifting of the windsock.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/JamesBlonde/newsig.bmp
3) Shouts 'Bleiben Sie auf Kürs du kükuk!' when a family member detaches itself from the shopping formation.
http://www.freewebs.com/jamesblonde888/

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Die lezte