PDA

View Full Version : Some animations aren't good anymore !

killzab
01-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Ubi should really revamp some of the animations.
Some have been used since AC1 and just don't work anymore. Particularly the hidden blade kills, they aren't as smooth as they were before and most of the time Ezio now stabs at the side of the ennemy and not the enemy himself.

Try this, sneak behind a guard, press RT ( ou R2) and stab without moving.

Ezio will lift his hand in the air, draw his blade and stab the guard but he never actually stabs the guard. I've tried it 20 times on different types of enemies and it just doesn't work.

It was cool in AC1, but recycling animations with different character models and everything is not good.

I must add that all new killing animations, kill streaks etc are flawless so the other ones stand out more.

Compared to the multiplayer characters animations, Ezio's one look dated.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 04:39 AM
anymore. Particularly the hidden blade kills, they aren't as smooth as

I agree. Some sword animations, from AC1 have gotten dull..

Xanatos2007
01-08-2011, 04:44 AM
I haven't played AC:B, but I did notice that combat was actually a lot more fun in AC1 because enemies were less predictable and the sound effects were a lot better. The animations seemed smoother & more varied as well.

Also, why the hell does everything need tracers nowadays? Bullets, arrows, grenades, throwing knives and now freaking melee weapons. I wish Ubi had put an option to turn off weapon streamers when you swing them and just all Animus interface/glowing effects altogether.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I haven't played AC:B, but I did notice that combat was actually a lot more fun in AC1 because enemies were less predictable and the sound effects were a lot better. The animations seemed smoother & more varied as well.

Also, why the hell does everything need tracers nowadays? Bullets, arrows, grenades, throwing knives and now freaking melee weapons. I wish Ubi had put an option to turn off weapon streamers when you swing them and just all Animus interface/glowing effects altogether. Wasn't that in AC1 too?

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 05:31 AM
I did notice the hidden blade animations being out dated to some extent, but i can see this being corrected in ac3 or maybe a later patch further down the line.

LaCava1
01-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Also, why the hell does everything need tracers nowadays? Bullets, arrows, grenades, throwing knives and now freaking melee weapons. I wish Ubi had put an option to turn off weapon streamers when you swing them and just all Animus interface/glowing effects altogether.
<agree> I agree whole heartedly. It's really annoying if you're fighting a guard, and all around him is the animus matrix and binary code...</agree>

Xanatos2007
01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Wasn't that in AC1 too?
Just for the throwing knives, which is forgiveable because they weren't as bold as AC2 and otherwise it would've been nearly impossible to see the speedy little things.

Although they should've put an option to turn that off too.