View Full Version : Voices have a buzzing sound

10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Just picked up the game and have been playing around with it, the voices in the monologue's during loading and in game have this electric sounding buzzing sound behind them, the rest of the sounds are fine its just the voices.

It really is annoying, I cant even listen to the secrets because it sounds terrible, any possible solutions?

Ive got the latest patch install, and I have the latest drivers for my sound card.

10-15-2009, 12:36 PM

10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey digital, what OS are you running? post your dxdiag using the steps below so I can take a look at the system

1. Click Start
2. Click Run (if you are on Vista, click into the 'Search Textfield')
3. Type DXDIAG then press ENTER
4. When the DirectX Diagnostic loads, click the "Save All Information" Button.
5. Save the text file to your desktop
6. Locate the text file on your desktop and double-click the file to open it
7. Click on Edit
8. Click on Select All
9. Click on Edit
10. Click on Copy (make sure all of the text is highlighted when you click Copy)
11. Right-click into the textfield of your forum post and click on Paste

10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Fred,

Im running vista ultimate 64bit and I have a creative audigy 4, this is the only game that has ever done this so its kinda odd

10-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Hey from the main menu, try setting all of your audio options to default. There aren't many listed but setting to default may help you out. Also try the steps listed here and maybe this will work.

1. Open the Control panel
2. Choose Sound
3. Select your audio device
4. Choose properties
5. Switch to the advanced tab
6. Change the default format to DVD quality

10-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for your help Fred.

Unfortunetly Ive just beaten the game, were plagued with these super short games lately, it was good but at under 10 hours it was a bit of a waste, oh well.

Thanks for the help though.