PDA

View Full Version : controls horrible

bookboy2272
12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
frustrating controls not worth playing. try to punch and you throw money. not intuitive at all, a rental at best, guess I will trade it in and lose 40 bucks, guess I will take my reserve off of splinter cell also obviously more game testing is needed. I loved ac1 what happened???

EzioAssassin51
12-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Ummm... you are bad at the game!

It's not the controls it's you! You haven't selected the right weapon if you try to punch and you throw money!

You shouldn't blame the game for you not being able to control it properly!

Plus there are tons of these posts around!!!

tarampolluck
12-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Actually I tend to agree. The game gets VERY touchy from time to time (I play on X-Box 360). Sometimes I'll absolutely be jumping the right way but for whatever reason he'll jump about 20 degrees in the wrong direction and wind up missing the jump. It's caused me no end of frustration on the timered puzzles. It's even more aggravating when I've got PLENTY of time but it does it 2 or 3 times in a row and I wind up running out of time because the stupid thing won't jump in the direction I tell it to. I have to, literally, shut the game off, then turn it back on, and then I can play fine again.

However, yeah, throwing money instead of punching is player error. I've never had it accidentally choose the wrong 'weapon' on me.

Fenro
12-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Obvious Troll is Obvious, dont feed the troll...

the amolang
12-31-2009, 01:54 AM
the controls are great, so thats not the problem, but I do agree that the free running can be kind of sticky. it doesn't always do what you want it to...

Hurri211
12-31-2009, 04:56 AM
For all the people that think the controls are horrible, might I ask you to come up with a better control layout? Personally, I think the controls are fine. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you know what you're doing, it's easy!

Assassin_M
12-31-2009, 05:16 AM
I personally never had any Problems with Neither the Free Running nor Controls and i believe that these Problems are player Errors not the Game`s Fault

senile old coot
12-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by tseabaugh:
I loved ac1 what happened???

in AC1, if you had selected your short dagger and tried to punch, you would slash with that dagger rather than punching, whats the difference?

if your complaint centered around an aspect of the game that was even mildly taxing (as above posts have said, the free-running does definitely take some getting used to), then fair enough. but surely if this is so difficult for you, no game involving multiple weapons/techniques is really going to work for you. in most FPS's for (a random) example, trying to fire a submachine gun when you have a missile launcher in your hand is at least 99.3% unlikely to have the desired effect.

It is foolish to blame the game for your own personal errors (i was awful at timing my disarms early on, but i didn't view it as ''not intuitive'', but viewed it as a challenge, and got a lot better at it...probably only 48% relevant but yeah lol).

Maermaethor
12-31-2009, 07:53 AM
That is why you buy it for PC where the controls are more smooth, and you can customize them.

BK-110
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM
OP, you're just VERY bad at the game. Get used to the system, get a feel for it. When you really get used to it, the system is accurate, intuitive and doesn't pose any problems at all. At least I don't have the least problems with it, so it can't be the game's fault.

Mr_Shade
01-02-2010, 04:01 AM
Controls can be a tricky thing to remember in the heat of a fight.. so make sure you have learned them well before you wade in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Locking thread - think it's served it's purpose?