PDA

View Full Version : clouds in new patch

fi-bluedragon
07-30-2005, 05:07 AM
I have just installed the new 4.01 patch and tried to change to the new clouds in the game but on looking in the conf.ini file I can't see any line in the [game] section or any part of the file for that matter that says TypeClouds. Do I have to add the line myself? Can anyone help?

fi-bluedragon
07-30-2005, 05:07 AM
I have just installed the new 4.01 patch and tried to change to the new clouds in the game but on looking in the conf.ini file I can't see any line in the [game] section or any part of the file for that matter that says TypeClouds. Do I have to add the line myself? Can anyone help?

steve_v
07-30-2005, 06:08 AM
From the readme:

New clouds

The new patch introduces brand new clouds. In order to use them you must manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, locate the [game] section and in the TypeClouds= line write in either 0 or 1, then save the file.

TypeClouds=0 - old clouds
TypeClouds=1 - new clouds

Note:
When playing online the player will see the cloud type set by the server, and not as individually set in their conf.ini. This is done to ensure all players see the same tactical situation in the air regardless of their settings.

----------------------------------------------

The default setting is the new clouds. To return to old clouds, you will have to manually add the line to your conf.