PDA

View Full Version : problems installing, cyclic redundancy check, plz help

Maggots
07-14-2007, 12:56 AM
I am trying to install this game and keep getting the same error on disk 3.

C/program files/ubisoft/faces of war/resource/entity/entity pak

data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I really want to play this, and have a long weekend of staying home with my kids tommorow. So the sooner the better. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maggots
07-14-2007, 12:56 AM
I am trying to install this game and keep getting the same error on disk 3.

C/program files/ubisoft/faces of war/resource/entity/entity pak

data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I really want to play this, and have a long weekend of staying home with my kids tommorow. So the sooner the better. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SchwarTotenkopf
07-14-2007, 01:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cyclic redundancy check </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This error has anything to do with the game itself, its a media related issue as the reader execute a double control on the data checksum and sometime it aint correct giving the reader a deadly loop.
This stated its misterious to me where did you get a Fow copy on three?? disks... not really sure what are you talkin about, as far as i know (and its not that far) fow is sold in a one dvd thing and rarely if not never a retail disk has redundancy errors, so maggots (hey whata nick) before i can help you in any way can you shed a light for me over it?

Ps if you bought it through direct download and you saved it on 3 cds then its that simple one of those disks is f****d up

Maggots
07-14-2007, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">far) fow is sold in a one dvd thing and rarely if not never a retail disk has redundancy errors, so maggots </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It came on 3 disks all with artwork and stuff so they are from the company. I bought it at EB games. I dunno what else to do. Thanks for the reply though.

SchwarTotenkopf
07-14-2007, 08:08 PM
OK got it, if you just could install the game on a different comp, cause friends of mine told me it could be your dvd reader...
if installation fails on the second comp then its a product failure and you are entitled to a refund or new stuff
Im very sorry but the horrible redundancy hit even me sometimes and i know its really anything to do about it
cheers

bf2player2006
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
My fow came in 3 cd's which had like coloured artwork something in red , white, blue. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ROG641
07-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Yea I bought it as 3 CD's also, the problem is that your number 3 cd is scratched, if normal cleaning will not fix the problem then try taking the cd for reserfacing. It costs about $5 and usualy works perfectly unless the actual data has been corrupted, ie a scratch thru the back of the CD. If the back (printed) of the cd is scratched then your only choice is to replace the CD

jcgraves73
12-08-2007, 01:12 PM
its not just his copy i have one that does it too i tried to install it on my buddy computer and same thing so he updated his video driver and he got it to work. but i still cant get it too work on my computer and now i bought silent hunter 4 from ubisoft and cant get it too work either so i done with ubisoft games all together , i would rather spend my time playing not tring to figure out how to get games i payed 60.00 bucks on to work .