PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth playable character in ACR?

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 08:17 AM
During the Q&A at PAX, Gabe said in one of the question about playtime as Altair

"There's also another character you might spend some time with.... who you've be spend some time with in the past"

Interesting?

Could it be a set up for the AC3 character?
One of Altair's children?
A supporting character like Malik?
Or even 16

What are your thought?

Looked back and found this old thread lol
Looks like I was right after all, kind of. Since we played as 16 in The Lost Archive

GamerMayron
08-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Probably just Desmond, dont OVERTHINK everything.

IIwangcarsII
08-28-2011, 08:23 AM
But we already know we will play as Desmond. It'd be pretty pointless for Gabe to tell us something that's already publicly known. I guess it could be malik.

Rakudaton
08-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Is it me, or is there some sexual suggestion in the phrase "spend some time with..."?

If so, one would assume it would be Maria Thorpe. In ACII, Altair "spent some time" with her... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Either that, or Leonardo and Ezio... uh... "spend some time" together... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I'm kidding. But if it's not Maria, I think subject 16 sounds very likely. After all, we need someone to explain what's going on, don't we? How would Desmond know about this "nexus" he's got to find? I don't think anyone can get through to him in his coma... so subject 16 sounds pretty likely!

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:
During the Q&A at PAX, Gabe said in one of the question about playtime as Altair

"There's also another character you might spend some time with.... who you've be spend some time with in the past"

Interesting?

Or even 16

What are your thought?

Desmond...

He said we could play with Altiar, Ezio, and someone we spent time with before.

It's Desmond.

If by some chance it's someone else, it would have to be someone in the Animus, and someone Desmond is related to.

But I'm 99.99% sure it's Desmond.

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

Interesting?

Or even 16

What are your thought?

Desmond...

It's Desmond.

If by some chance it's someone else, it would have to be someone in the Animus, and someone Desmond is related to.

But I'm 99.99% sure it's Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As JetChrist said above we all know we play as Desmond in the black room, so why not just say "play as Desmond"

Plus if you watch the video, Gabe pauses and chooses his works carefully

GamerMayron
08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
He's just saying it in a thrilling way.

And he does it ALL THE TIME, with those Q&A's (saying things we already know)

"we could play with Altair, Ezio, and someone we spent time with before." Let's think Oh.. Desmond(Duhh... altair,ezio,desmond). Spend time with<--- played with probably. He just let us think with those sentences. And confirming something new has he never done in a Q&A (Always pointless)

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by GamerMayron:
He's just saying it in a thrilling way.

And he does it ALL THE TIME, with those Q&A's (saying things we already know)

"we could play with Altair, Ezio, and someone we spent time with before." Let's think Oh.. Desmond(Duhh... altair,ezio,desmond). Spend time with<--- played with probably. He just let us think with those sentences. And confirming something new has he never done in a Q&A (Always pointless)

but he did confirm new stuff, to me anyway.
This time round to play as certain characters in multiplay you have to play the single player

and there is no need what so ever to be sarcastic, its an open theory

rileypoole1234
08-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I think he meant see in Desmond's past. Not play as.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 11:04 AM
He was JUST talking about Desmond. He was trying to keep an air of mystery about the thing, but it's confirmed that those three people are the only playables.

Assassin_M
08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Im 99.9% sure its Desmond, and that 0.1% goes to Subject 16 because there will be a Memory of Him In ACR

C112408E
08-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
But we already know we will play as Desmond. It'd be pretty pointless for Gabe to tell us something that's already publicly known. I guess it could be malik.

Really? Because that's all he seemed to do in the Q&A. Anyway, it is Desmond, no doubt about it. You guys are over thinking this.

ProdiGurl
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Either that, or Leonardo and Ezio... uh... "spend some time" together... Blink

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Do not do this to me lol ~ I just saw him in ACII needing some 'comfort' after the Carnival mission at the "Sister's" house there . . he must be Bi. lol

kriegerdesgottes
08-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by C112408E:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

Really? Because that's all he seemed to do in the Q&A. Anyway, it is Desmond, no doubt about it. You guys are over thinking this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol You make a good point but he has no reason to hide that Desmond is the other character. I'm not convinced at all that he's referring to Desmond although I can't imagine who else it could be.

waynedavies89
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Ok so the majority think its Desmond.
if it isnt, It most likely would set up AC3

Since we have been with Ezio for 3 games now, with a lot invested in the character

All these doors are being closed and i think an epic tease needs to be done at the end.
Something that says "This Trilogy is over and this is where we are going next"

Animuses
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
It's Desmond, end of story. Lock up this thread.

zerocooll21
08-29-2011, 10:45 AM
From the desmond ACR trailer that decoded list mentions one memory of S16. Could be a memory you play as S16.

waynedavies89
08-29-2011, 10:45 AM
lol chill out dude

We'll find out wont we

iN3krO
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

Interesting?

Or even 16

What are your thought?

Desmond...

It's Desmond.

This is streched but, what if desmond's mother is from Malik's Bloodline and desmond relive Malik's Memories? (Supposing Desmond's Father is from Altair's Bloodline)

In ac1 we have spent some time with him, he became altair's best friend and everyone is asking for him since Ac2 so, it could be a posibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Either that, or Leonardo and Ezio... uh... "spend some time" together... Blink

Do not do this to me lol ~ I just saw him in ACII needing some 'comfort' after the Carnival mission at the "Sister's" house there . . he must be Bi. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in case you're serious, Ezio is not gay. It's just that quite a few fangirls (and boys, depending on sexual preferences) like to imagine he is so they can draw pictures of him with other male characters.

No biggie, it's actually totally normal for that to happen in a fanbase. Fans are kinda weird.

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Interesting?

Or even 16

What are your thought?

Desmond...

It's Desmond.

This is streched but, what if desmond's mother is from Malik's Bloodline and desmond relive Malik's Memories? (Supposing Desmond's Father is from Altair's Bloodline)

In ac1 we have spent some time with him, he became altair's best friend and everyone is asking for him since Ac2 so, it could be a posibility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We probably won't play as Malik, but I don't doubt that we'll play alongside him in Revelations.

albertwesker22
08-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Either that, or Leonardo and Ezio... uh... "spend some time" together... Blink

Do not do this to me lol ~ I just saw him in ACII needing some 'comfort' after the Carnival mission at the "Sister's" house there . . he must be Bi. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in case you're serious, Ezio is not gay. It's just that quite a few fangirls (and boys, depending on sexual preferences) like to imagine he is so they can draw pictures of him with other male characters.

No biggie, it's actually totally normal for that to happen in a fanbase. Fans are kinda weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah fangirls, the biggest pervs of them all! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pitalla
08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

well he was pretty rushed, with the thing of Cristina and the Assassination mission moments ago I wouldn't be really surprised hahaha

My guess would be Subject 16 or maybe Maria? when you are in her womb? or One of Altair's kids, that would be super neat.

Moultonborough
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Pitalla:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

well he was pretty rushed, with the thing of Cristina and the Assassination mission moments ago I wouldn't be really surprised hahaha

My guess would be Subject 16 or maybe Maria? when you are in her womb? or One of Altair's kids, that would be super neat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be really creepy. Playing a baby inside her womb? Besides, what could be accomplished by that?

Calvarok
08-31-2011, 12:42 AM
From what we've seen in AC2, DNA doesn't start recording till just before the baby has left the womb, possibly because the baby doesn't have most of its receptory functions active.

So I think the reason that we stayed with Maria is that her DNA started recording her new memories as soon as conception occured. Presumably after a certain point in a baby's womb development, the mother's memories are no longer being added.