PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Tell Me How?

jr0884
04-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I am very new to Pacific Fighters and I'm trying to do the Traning Mission which I might say is very confusing. Anyway, when I push the Training Green Button, alls the choice it gives me is Carrier Landings. Then it says, before this I should try Landing on Solid Ground. Can anyone tell me how to do this. The training does not offer this. I would be most grateful if someone could help me and tell me how to set it up to do Land Base Take-off & Landings.

Thank you. I anxiously await your reply.

John Rowley

slipBall
04-09-2006, 08:21 AM
What you should do is watch a couple of time's the landing training mission, example landing the il-2, landing the bf-109. You will learn the basic thing's, then practice for yourself in game. If you don't have forgotten battle's try reading some of the other landing help post's. Alot of time's there are link's to video, or text help on landing. Click on these below for some info

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/6181051424

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/5111047273

VMF-214_HaVoK
04-09-2006, 09:50 AM
I can give you a little tip when landing on carriers. Use your throttle to control your elevation and use your pitch to control your speed. Do that and you will be able to stall your aircraft right over the deck.

M2morris
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by jr0884:
I am very new to Pacific Fighters and I'm trying to do the Traning Mission which I might say is very confusing. Anyway, when I push the Training Green Button, alls the choice it gives me is Carrier Landings. Then it says, before this I should try Landing on Solid Ground. Can anyone tell me how to do this. The training does not offer this. I would be most grateful if someone could help me and tell me how to set it up to do Land Base Take-off & Landings.

John Rowley

Here try this:
1)On the main screen click Full Mission Builder
2)click File
3)Load map (choose any, how about hawaii)
4)click view object
5)choose aircraft
6)pick a plane from the list(try a p51)
7)hold-down Ctrl and and left click mouse someplace on the map near an airfeild
8)click waypoint and make it a take-off
9)hold down Ctrl again and left click someplace on the map. You should now have a course to fly.
10)click plane #1
11)check the 'player'box
12)click file and play
13) 'save as' what ever you want(example: P51flight )
14)click green FLY button. there ya go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
oh ya...
Use the slider bars on the left side and bottom to zoom in on the map and move it around by left clicking on it.

RxMan
04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Easier, use the quick mission function.
select no enemy, no defenses, no target,
and a suitable plane..

You will be airborn, try landing at the
nearest field. Over and over, and over.

Tully__
04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Easier again. Go to the multiplayer menu and click Create New Server. Dogfight mode is selected by default, click the "Create" button. Click the difficulty button and set up any difficulty settings you like but make sure "Takeoffs & Landings" is off. Click the Load button.

This will load a mission. Select a base on the map by clicking on it (a flag will appear at that base) then click the arming button to choose an aicraft. Click the Fly button to start the mission.

You will start at an altitude of 1000m directly over and flying across the runway of the base you have selected. When you crash you don't have to reload the mission, just press the ESC button, select refly then click the Fly button again and you're back in the air.

For landing:

Turn left or right until you're flying in the same direction as the runway then fly away from the field for at least 40 seconds before turning around. While you're doing this descend to about 500m (1500 feet) above the airfield altitude. Keep your speed below 350km/h (220mph) as it's easier to stay slow than try and slow down at the last minute.

As you turn towards the runway slow to less than 300km/h (190mph) then lower your flaps all the way. This will cause you to slow down fairly quickly which is what we want. Line up on the runway and as your speed drops through 250km/h (150mph) drop the landing gear.

Now comes the confusing part but it's worth learning the right way first time. You are planning to be flying for the very start of the runway (not aimed at, only a few planes will point at the place they're flying toward at approach speeds, most will point the nose a bit higher). You also need to get the speed down to a little above stall speed. The confusing bit is you're going to use the control column to control speed and the throttle to control where you're flying towards.

If you're going too fast, bring the nose up just a tiny bit and wait. If you're still going too fast after 5 seconds and not slowing down, bring the nose up a bit more. The reverse applies if you're going too slow.

If you're going to fly past the end of the runway and overshoot the landing zone, ease the throttle back a bit (this part is much easier with a proper throttle control on the joystick as often only very small adjustments are needed and keyboard throttle doesn't allow fine enough control for best results). If you're going to touch down before the end of the runway, add some throttle. Generally if you have the initial approach correct only very small adjustments are required to keep lined up.

By the time you're thinking about actually touching down you need to be below 170-180km/h (105-110mph) in most aircraft, even slower for some of the early war and carrier aircraft. As you cross the runway threshold ease the stick back so that your nose is pointed at the other end of the runway. What you're aiming to do at this point is level out with your wheels only a few centimetres/inches off the ground and hold there while you slow down until the plane stops flying.

As you pull the nose up, ease the throttle off. If you have the "Stalls & Spins" difficulty setting and the "Torque Effects" difficulty setting turned on, you'll have to ease the throttle as just snapping it back to zero will cause a wing to drop and probably cause a crash. With some aicraft you'll find that you don't want to come completely to zero throttle until the wheels have settled on the ground.

There's the basics.

A couple more points. When you're flying very slow and sudden control movement is likely to cause a stall. You'll need to make some fairly large control movements but they must be smooth and even movements, not sudden or jerky.
If you have a wing try to drop away when you apply ailerons (roll) or throttle, try to resist the urge to correct with large aileron inputs. Instead apply rudder in the direction opposite to the wing roll and only a tiny amount of correcting aileron input.
Locate the turn coordinator instrument (it looks like the little bubble in a tube in a carpenter's spirit level in most aircraft) and learn how to use it. For most predictable results the ball should be kept in the center at all time, you turn the rudder towards the ball to bring it back to center.

Ritter_Cuda
04-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by jr0884:

John Rowley
Come here this is a flight school. not a squad. they have a basic flight course that will help you get in the air and understand your plane. then you can rally start to have fun
http://www.joint-ops.com/joil2fb/default.asp

M2morris
04-11-2006, 07:44 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Make that; "these Posts". And that flight school site looks awesome. I hope he comes back with an update.