PDA

View Full Version : My joystick broke

WOLFMondo
03-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I was flying along on WC, was told about 2 BF110's, found them and dived on them and just as I opened fire the base of my Saitek Cyborg Evo broke! Otherwise a good stick but without the base at the bottom of the stick it gets in the way of the throttle.

I need a new joystick, what do people recommend?

I was looking at the Saitek X52...thoughts?

p1ngu666
03-18-2005, 12:59 AM
might aswell get the best http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

dieg777
03-18-2005, 01:23 AM
just bought a x-45, as it was cheaper, and I am very impressed with the seperate throttle with additional functions.It is very easy to install and to set up your software-check tullys profile in his sig and use this as a start to tailor your own. The only "feature" on the x-45 is that it has a rocker on throttle for rudder so if you dont like the sound of this then the x-52 is a normal twist grip. The stick will probably be a bit stiffer than you are used to.
I still feel like im learning to get my touch back but I would recommend either.
If you have money to burn consider ch products but you will need stick,throttle and peddles.

Hristos
03-18-2005, 01:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
might aswell get the best http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree ! Why go with half-products when one can buy the best joystick around !

WOLFMondo
03-18-2005, 02:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dieg777:
just bought a x-45, as it was cheaper, and I am very impressed with the seperate throttle with additional functions.It is very easy to install and to set up your software-check tullys profile in his sig and use this as a start to tailor your own. The only "feature" on the x-45 is that it has a rocker on throttle for rudder so if you dont like the sound of this then the x-52 is a normal twist grip. The stick will probably be a bit stiffer than you are used to.
I still feel like im learning to get my touch back but I would recommend either.
If you have money to burn consider ch products but you will need stick,throttle and peddles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats the reason I won't buy an X45 because of the rudder. I looked at CH sticks before and I dont want to remortgage the house to get a flight stick!

X52 It is then! 81.99 in the UK, anyone seen it cheaper than that in the UK?

sunflower1
03-18-2005, 07:01 AM
My X-45 is 8 months old and is a source of frustration. If you plan to play this sim for years I doubt you will save money buying Saitek.

That's my opinion.

WOLFMondo
03-18-2005, 07:04 AM
I've been play this sim since IL2 and its already worn out 3 sticks! 2 M$'s and 1 Saitek.

The X52 gets some good reviews but if anyone has any horror stories about them then please post them before I splash the cashhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jumoschwanz
03-18-2005, 07:08 AM
On ebay right now there are several Microsoft precision 2 sticks for sale, one new in the box!

I have been using one of these since 2001 and have never had one break yet. I still use my original, have one on a back up rig, and have three new ones I bought when they were on sale after MS discontinued them.

They have great build quality, great control and a nice compliment of buttons and ergonomics. This is the best stick. The others I have looked at and used at friends houses seem either cheap, gimmicky, or unreliable.

No one will regret getting an MS precision 2, get one somewhere while you still can and you will be set for years.