PDA

View Full Version : Incase your sub mysteriously dies....

TASKFORCE1x1
02-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I sure hope the dev team have made a voice or text notification of why the sub your patroling with suddenly possibly gets destroyed all of a sudden. Nothing more frustrating than not knowing why something went wrong, what went wrong.

Reasons: They programmed for Circle-Runner torpedoes (torpedoes which you fire but the gyro is stuck and circles back which targets you soon after it was fired)

2 Reason: maybe your team member blew you up and this most certainly would happen on the net so watch out. (I wouldnt do it but watch out for others who dont take this sim seriously especially during ladder games)

Yarrick_
02-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm also sure that this is being implemented. It is necessary because if there is a magazine explosion, you wouldn't know what happened.

bertgang
02-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Reasons of a submarine's death sometimes could be unknown for the people inside.

In such cases I hope that the notification will be displayed as the result of an historical research on the lost sub.

oscar0072004
02-18-2005, 11:45 AM
well we dont need all that becuase sh-3 will have a replay mode so we can see what went wrong.

Messervy
02-18-2005, 11:55 AM
You won`t see if a crew member messed up toillet commands and get you sunk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I remember reading that one boat was allmost lost that way. The culprit was comander himself.

IXD2
02-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Apart from that, in many cases the subs were destroyed so instantly that these poor bastards didn`t even have time to think what killed them.
I remember reading about one of the US Subs that was destroyed by a mine - they were running surfaced when a sudden explosion shoke the boat. One of the officers in the control room, that was staying closest to the hatch began tu run on the bridge to ask the commander what the hell is going on. In the very moment he started climbing, he was thrown off the boat by the air beeing pushed out of the sinking sub, He heard just the screams of the people in the boat and few second later he found himself swimming around few debris - the sub and all other men were gone.
No time to think about the reasons...

Dominicrigg
02-18-2005, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IXD2:
Apart from that, in many cases the subs were destroyed so instantly that these poor bastards didn`t even have time to think what killed them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK i love being pedantic!!!! Does anyone have time to think what killed them? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

You have permission to slap me for that one.