PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour in BoE mission ?

rijnton1944
02-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Having bought and installed BoE, together with both patches and BoE PF expansion, I tried to play one of the single player missions. It was the Ardennes Dogfight for the USAAF. The strange thing was that, after taking off and following my flight, I didn't meet any enemies. I heard warnings about fighters at one o'clock (or something like that) but nothing to be seen. When I took a look on the map I SAW enemies but in a complete different place and not where my flight was going. Could something be wrong with this mission ? (Although I now and then take a look on the map, I suppose that that is not the way to look for opponents and that they should show up somewhere where my flight(leader) is going).

DD_NL
02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I know which mission you mean. There are several mission like that, the "dynamically generated missions" are not really that dynamic, they are pre-scripted. I got around that particular mission by just editing it in the FMB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

han freak solo
02-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Are there more "friendlies" on your map?

I have BOE and fly as flight leader. There is typically another flight with another flight leader so we are both called "number one". That other number one always gets the kill credits over the "radio", (Good shooting, number one).

The other flight may be calling out the enemies. That happens in campaigns other than BOE as well.

FoolTrottel
02-27-2005, 04:02 PM
For what it's worth:

To me Han Freak Solo's reply makes much more sense than DD_NL does....(No offence here DD!)

Have Fun!

rijnton1944
02-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks han freak solo.
There are indeed more friendly flights and on the map I see that they are fighting the enemies. Does that mean that I have to go to the place where the fighting is ?

han freak solo
02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Unless your'e on a ground pounding mission, you might as well go help out. Hopefully, there will be some bad guys when you get there!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif