03-04-2004, 12:45 PM

Freycinet
03-04-2004, 12:45 PM

Freycinet
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Post more specific comments too, BTW!

VonKlugermon
03-04-2004, 01:04 PM
My vote: Disappointed....I DON'T HAVE IT YET!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry,

Willy

Teufel_Eldritch
03-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Very good, only small flaws

The main gripe I have about is about the install issues. Other than that Im cool with it.

I noticed a performance enhancement. Better fps now for some reason. Not that Im complaining about that mind you. =)

YANKEE ROSE
-----------
"For a world of happiness & equality is but a fantasy driven by men who envy the ruling class."

Dunkelgrun
03-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Ask me again in a fortnight when the Third World (aka Europe) is allowed to see it.
:(

http://www.uploadit.org/igmusapa/tft2.jpg
www.nightbomber.com

Dunkelgrun aka Black.Cat and T4T_Cat

BfHeFwMe
03-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Wheres the 'Freycinet's a thread w***e option'? :P

FW190fan
03-04-2004, 01:11 PM
I consider the AEP to be superb. Without question the king of WWII flight sims.

Very rarely does one spend so little money to get so much enjoyment.

The relative strengths and weaknesses of each aircraft and weapon are well reasearched and well modelled. The sim is big on in-depth details and it seems there is some new immersive feature to discover, even if it is just fuel dripping out of a damaged aircraft after it lands.

Oh, did I mention that there is a Ta-152H-1?

http://people.aero.und.edu/~choma/lrg0645.jpg

Zen--
03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
I have to say the added plane set in AEP is a powerful one...lot of interesting planes and some very overdue ones like BF110 and Spitfire...P38 and others.

I think I like the change in FM though...energy management is going to be even more important during fights now than it used to, you can't just accelerate or dive like mad to get your speed back up (well, you can but at a lower efficiency than in FB 1.22).

I'm still analyzing the FM but it feels wonderful...everything seems to be a notch slower and for guys like me with bad reflexes and poor eyesight, its a nice change :)

-Zen-

Freycinet
03-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BfHeFwMe:
Wheres the 'Freycinet's a thread w***e option'? :P

Great! - Another reply to one of my threads! - another step towards superstardom! ;-)

Freycinet
03-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by FW190fan:
..it seems there is some new immersive feature to discover, even if it is just fuel dripping out of a damaged aircraft after it lands.

Hehe, that was in the ORIGINAL Il-2 as well back in late 2001! :-)

Future-
03-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I voted "Okay, I guess" since I am one of the few unforutnate souls that has to suffer from that damned "timeout" problem.
Makes online play pretty much impossible, so AEP isn't what I expected it to be until this problem is eradicated.

- Future

Commanding Officer of the 530th Bomb Squad
380th Bomb Group 5th AF USAAF

http://invisionfree.com:54/40/30/upload/p1083.jpg

Visit us at http://members.tripod.com/tophatssquadron , home of the 310th FS and the 380th BG

Bearcat99
03-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I think its great. A few very minor issues...certainly no show stoppers.... and if you havent gotten it yet you shouldnt vote in this poll... it will skew the results... The plane set alone in my book makes it worth every penny. Name another sim where yopu have such a varied plane set..where each plane actually DOES fly different..not just outward but actually handles like a slightly different plane. I jut think the Spits are GREAT... and the new Ponys are nice too. The P-38 is the best P-38 Ive ever flown in a sim hands down. I like the flyby on the 38.... :) The fact that it is coming from 1C... a company with a proven track record at least as far as this sim goes... almost gaurantees us at LEAST one free update (not fix mind you) before the next paid one comes out.

vanelvis
03-04-2004, 01:51 PM
I Love the new bomb loads and the K-14 gunsight.

steve_v
03-04-2004, 01:59 PM
First, no problems installing.

Am enjoying the Ki-84. Will need time to fly all the new planes.

BuzzU
03-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I like it a lot. My only complaint is a lack of campaigns for the US and Japan. There are some FM adjustments needed, but that's nothing new to flight sims.

Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Jamnut/clark19.jpg

Maj_Death
03-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Good overall. The added bomb loadouts for the He-111's and Ju-87's were despritely needed. Bf-110G2 was long over due but we still don't have the even more important Bf-110C. The other axis nations got a bunch of planes so that will certainly give the axis more choices. The early spits will allow more realistic BoB missions so that is good too. My only gripes are no new loadouts for the late Fw-190's and the focus on insignificant planes and prototypes. Most of the new planes will likely not be in use after a month when the "new and therefore really cool" effect wears off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.

Beirut
03-04-2004, 02:57 PM
GAH!

I don't have it!

I wan't it!

I can't find it!

"Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!"

"Official Lancaster whiner"

BlitzPig_Ritter
03-04-2004, 03:02 PM
It definately makes the game feel more complete.

boohaa
03-04-2004, 03:52 PM
I love it.Just flying back in an FW with the bigger crosshair is enuff.then there is so many new planes and what seems like better flight dynamics added.I wish Oleg could comment on this.

Freycinet
03-05-2004, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maj_Death:
Good overall. The added bomb loadouts for the He-111's and Ju-87's were despritely needed. Bf-110G2 was long over due but we still don't have the even more important Bf-110C. The other axis nations got a bunch of planes so that will certainly give the axis more choices. The early spits will allow more realistic BoB missions so that is good too. My only gripes are no new loadouts for the late Fw-190's and the focus on insignificant planes and prototypes. Most of the new planes will likely not be in use after a month when the "new and therefore really cool" effect wears off.

The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is the 110C more needed?, that's the Battle of Britain version right?

Something tells me we'll have it in an upcoming sim!... :-)

Maj_Death
03-05-2004, 12:51 AM
The Bf-110C's are more important because the axis doesn't have a good fighter-bomber and interceptor in 1941. But the axis did already have a very good one in 1942 (Fw-190A4). The Bf-110G2 is needed, but the C4/B is needed more. I don't particularly care for charging into an AF loaded with AAA while flying a dinky Bf-109E7/B. I'd be much more comfortable flying a rugged and well armed Bf-110C4/B instead. In 1942 there is the Fw-190A4 and that is a very good mudmover and bomber destroyer.

Anyways, I hope we get the Bf-110C in BoB but I'm not certain we will get it. I was "sure" that the original release of IL2 would have a Bf-110C in it, needless to say it didn't turn out that way.

The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.

Freycinet
03-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Rest assured, it will certainly be in the BoB. If it wasn't flyable it would be like not having the hurricane flyable.