PDA

View Full Version : Taking off from carrier

justyeaman
10-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Being fully aware that I look like a complete idiot, can anyone tell me how you take off from a carrier. I put the throttle forward and I don't move!

justyeaman
10-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Being fully aware that I look like a complete idiot, can anyone tell me how you take off from a carrier. I put the throttle forward and I don't move!

Nubarus
10-24-2004, 08:08 AM
That's because you didn't read the manual first.

justyeaman
10-24-2004, 08:33 AM
I've looked at the manual and at the training mission - still don't move

Haele
10-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Chocks away old chap.

fherathras
10-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok mate...

What you need to do is bind a key for removing you`re chocks, whitch are blokking your aircraft.

Esc>---Controls>---Remove chock thingies.

Then your good to go!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Nubarus
10-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Ah, the chocks part is in the readme, my bad.

Always read the manual and the readme when installing a update or patch for the IL2 series.

It's full of usefull info regarding new features and the FMB.

justyeaman
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Thank you my friends. Lesson learnt on the reading read me. If you see anyone in a little yellow rubber dingy with a crashed plane nearby - that'll be me.

stansdds
10-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Carrier take off, at least in real WW II aircraft, canopy open, brakes set, trim set, mixture rich, flaps full down, advance throttle to full power, release brakes, control direction with rudder only, roll off the end of the deck, retract gear as you sink towards the water, gain speed, begin a very gentle climb only after you have sufficient speed, then slowly retract the flaps. Do not try to climb immediately after rolling off the deck, you are not likely to have sufficient speed and you will stall and the carrier will run over your broken and rapidly sinking crate.