motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Nforce2
processor: AMD XP 2600
Ram: 512 megs of kingston DDR 333
Video card: ATI radeon 9700 pro
Sound card: Hercules Fortissimo II
Hard Drive: Western Digital 60 Gig

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:09 PM
COME ON! 25 VIEWS AND NO ANSWER! PLEASEEE!

LuckyBoy1
10-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, the short answer is...

None

Attend to getting the majic Gig of RAM. However, before you buy it, see if your motherboard will support a CPU with at least 512 of cache and get RAM that can keep up with the new CPU.

Get an Audigy 2 sound card and that will relieve some more cycles off the CPU, which can't spare them by the way and get along here.

Post your diagnosis in Community Help for more help on getting the most out of what you've got.

Use the Black Viper links listed in Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users to help with your lack of RAM.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:22 PM
but, but, im only in middle school! and dont you take me for some action junkie cuz ive been playing il2 and lo-mac since they came out.

LuckyBoy1
10-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Now you know why nobody was willing to answer your question. It seems no good deed goes unpunished around here. I guess the only thing more cursed than trying to help some guy get his PC to play the game well is... I guess being a forum mod?!

If you don't like the answers, please don't ask the questions and by the way, I had a car and a checking account when I was 11 years old and I got my private pilots cert at 9 and instrument at 11 as well, so please don't give me this I'm young and lame stuff, because it don't pass the stink test. Fix your PC or put up with the results.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:32 PM
good god man, did you look at my orignal question? it simply asked what would my rig would run water at! because im young and stupid!

LuckyBoy1
10-23-2004, 10:40 PM
And you have your answer... the answer is, you can't reach those levels of performance with both your rig and your willfull ignorance keeping you from doing anything to tweak what you've got.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
thats right, keep calling me young and stupid

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:43 PM
your mean! (by the way, me and my brother are getting a kick out of this)

actionhank1786
10-23-2004, 10:52 PM
he isnt calling you young and stupid.
He's saying, either do something to get the money to aquire the things you will need to make you computer better, or deal with the fact that perfect water isnt something you'll be seeing.

LuckyBoy1
10-23-2004, 10:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theaircobra:
your mean! (by the way, me and my brother are getting a kick out of this) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I thought I had like... no life at all! Then this guy and apparently his brother come along and prove me wrong!

Look, I'm saying there are things you can do to improve your situation short of buying hardware. It takes like... effort. However, from this point on, you'll need to get someone else to help you because I just flat won't.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 10:54 PM
well then he should have just said exactly as you said, not starting up with this young stink test junk.

actionhank1786
10-23-2004, 11:05 PM
he just wanted to point out, that when he was young, he'd accomplished a lot.
Age isnt a limiting factor, it's simply a minor problem at times. While you can't get a real paying job, you can be a paper boy (which can pay really well) or you could work for your parents.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 11:08 PM
let the man speak for himself please, i want to find out the truth! (although your still cool)

LuckyBoy1
10-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey, you were the one who brought up your age into this deal. I did answer your question.

This is obviously one of those joke threads and I'm asking the mods to lock it.

theaircobra
10-23-2004, 11:13 PM
i just said that i was in middle school and couldnt pay for it! you were the one who brougt up limitations!

Tully__
10-24-2004, 12:07 AM
You started it!

No you did!

It's your fault!

Is not!

Is too!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Both as bad as each other...sigh mutter....

RACFrankenstein
10-24-2004, 12:14 AM
IBTL! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

(Gee, I think that's my first one!)

RocketDog
10-24-2004, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theaircobra:
what setting of water will i be able to get and have FPS above 25

motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Nforce2
processor: AMD XP 2600
Ram: 512 megs of kingston DDR 333
Video card: ATI radeon 9700 pro
Sound card: Hercules Fortissimo II
Hard Drive: Western Digital 60 Gig <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a 9700 Pro you will be able to use "perfect" water, except for the new PS 3.0, water = 3 setting (not supported on ATi cards, and by the sounds of it, only available at chugging frame rates on Nvidia cards).

However, I doubt if you will be able to get smooth and playable frame rate. Still good for screenshots, though.

Regards,

RocketDog.