PDA

View Full Version : Limited multiplayer modes

sandmanssorrow
11-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I just read that there will be 2 more modes added to multiplayer, 'Advanced Wanted' and 'Manhunt'. While I welcome these additions I thought we were going to see more modes than just four. I had hoped that the focus of the Beta was the player v player modes due to processing speed and lag etc and that other modes like free roam for example would also be included but at a lower priority. Now it seems we wont be getting anything like that at all.
I'm concerned, after playing and enjoying the Beta immensely I had high hopes for this expanded version of our beloved franchise but as we draw closer to the release date unsettling news is being released, like the character customization not being as robust as initially hinted at, (unlockable skins does not = customization).
Anyone have verifiable info whether we will see more modes or not?

Halperin1
11-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Ubisoft has not confirmed that those will be the only extra gametypes.

sandmanssorrow
11-11-2010, 05:46 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1133270p1.html

In this link the reviewer states that he got a hands on with "the FINAL two multiplayer modes". I hope he's wrong, its got me depressed.

RandomRansom
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I seem to remember hearing there was supposed to be 6 modes. Since we know of 4 (Wanted, Advanced Wanted, Alliance, and Manhunt), I'd imagine there are only two that we don't know of. That is, if Ubi didn't decide to drop two of them because they couldn't balance the gameplay just right or they wouldn't work with all maps (or other reasons).

I'd be surprised if there's a free roam mode, but I like that idea a lot.

I just can't wait for the 7 new maps and 8 (or so) new characters. However, if we only basically have 3 major variations of game mode (as Advanced Wanted doesn't sound much different than Wanted), then MP will get old pretty fast.

As for the customization question... I remember seeing a new video recently that showed you can unlock accessories and color changes to your character's outfit. I specifically remember seeing the courtesan with a mask over her eyes being put on by the player. There was also changing the colors on the Harlequin's outfit too. How far that customization goes beyond that is unknown to me, but I'm pretty satisfied with that. Not too much more you can do with your characters on a console game (keep in mind animations and such) other than accessory changes, outfit colors, maybe weapons changes, and new outfits.

That is unless you meant customization in Abilities, Perks, and Streak Bonuses.

Nick1021
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I really hope they make a team mode where their is one leader. And to win you have to kill the leader of a team. That could be a gametype with an objective.
Maybe they could even add CTF...somehow.

Oatkeeper
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
seriously, QTF is begging to be used in this game.

How many games have QTF or Hold Obbective modes where Parkour is a major game play element.

sandmanssorrow
11-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Because there is so much AI activity that has to be conveyed to other consoles during multiplayer I guess it might be hard to do a free roam with more than a couple of players. Still, a co-op/vs option with two or three PC's on the full maps would add an extra level of excitement, especially if you can be pursuing your own objectives while coming across each other.
Flag races, contract sharing/stealing, there's so many possibilities but I just don't think we will see them until further installments of the game. I think multiplayer is only going to be variations of the player v player on mini maps like we've already seen in wanted etc and I agree that it might limit the long term draw of mp...then again, wanted was really addictive!

Tuck2103
11-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't think the game will become boring that fast, but indeed; 4 gamemodes based on the same idea doesn't sound very exiting.

However, I'm certain that this is not all we'll get. Remember the Footpad reveal? In that trailer, the footpad clearly bumped into his target to steal something, then he tried to escape.
Why else would the barber have run AFTER his pursuer than to get his money back?

I hope that there'll be modes too, that are not that stealty. A fighting mode would be awesome. Medieval combat has been done alot, but Assassin's Creed's fightingsystem is so different!

sandmanssorrow
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
The combat system is fantastic and the idea of teaming up with a buddy to trash AI guards is mouth watering.
I read a developer post that said they toyed with the swordplay idea for mp but it *** one of the ideas that didn't deliver as well in testing. I figure it probably was not good for pvp because of the amount of input that would have to be translated to other consoles, especially at the high speed AC plays at but in a co-op mode I can't see the same issue.
I think the footpad stealing an item was a perk ability used during the already seen modes, like he stole the hidden gun or smokes etc and you have to chase to recover the item.