PDA

View Full Version : New Vehicle Columns



JG54_Lukas
08-05-2006, 05:07 PM
With the 4.05 addon came many new vehicles for both the Soviets and the Germans, yet none of these were implemented in the pre-made vehicle columns we currently have. Would it possible to implement these before support for this sim ends? I am speaking specifically about the following:

-GAZ covered supply truck
-GAZ ambulance
-GAZ supply truck with quad-Maxim AAA gun
-Demag halftracks with 20mm/37mm AA guns
-Demag halftracks without AA guns

Thanks!

Phas3e
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Bump for the mission builders.

Haigotron
08-15-2006, 11:48 AM
bump for humanity

i agree..itll spice things up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JG54_Lukas
08-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Bump http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JG54_Lukas
09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/bump-smile.gif

Monty_Thrud
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Something like these:-

http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//IL2M_column1.jpg
http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//IL2M_column2.jpg
http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//IL2M_column3.jpg
http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//IL2M_column4.jpg

...etc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JG54_Lukas
09-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
Something like these:-

Exactly!

zbw_109
09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
but arnt they user made colums which means suffing round with speeds and checkpoints

BBB_Hyperion
09-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Wouldnt it be easier to include a custom vehicle column class . So that placed in the conf.ini any combination of vehicles can be placed like a vehicle column in fmb ?

Grey_Mouser67
09-08-2006, 11:31 AM
CFS 2 had FMB pretty well pegged....what we need is the ability to create a "formation" like in CFS 2 where all the vehicles, ships or aircraft follow the lead of the one flight or waypoint path....it would even be better if users could create these kinds of vehicle or object groups, name them and save them for future use.

One could create placable firebases, task forces, attack formations of armor or aircraft etc....now that would be cool!

JG54_Lukas
09-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:
One could create placable firebases, task forces, attack formations of armor or aircraft etc....now that would be cool!

That's what I've been longing for. Hopefully it'll be something included in SoW. It'd be especially useful for naval convoys, too - no more messing around with multiple speeds and waypoints.

Until then, it's just a shame to have these new vehicles and not have them implemented into pre-made vehicle columns. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

JG54_Lukas
09-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by zbw_109:
but arnt they user made colums which means suffing round with speeds and checkpoints

He's showing what could be done with the new vehicles...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VW-IceFire
09-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:
CFS 2 had FMB pretty well pegged....what we need is the ability to create a "formation" like in CFS 2 where all the vehicles, ships or aircraft follow the lead of the one flight or waypoint path....it would even be better if users could create these kinds of vehicle or object groups, name them and save them for future use.

One could create placable firebases, task forces, attack formations of armor or aircraft etc....now that would be cool!
You can do that fairly well with level bombers. Fighters don't work as well...

With level bombers...create one flight of bombers with the waypoints. Then create another several flights with two waypoints each and set the second waypoint to target the first waypoint of the main bomber flight. They will follow and even bomb the target with the first flight.

Its not perfect...but it works fairly well.