PDA

View Full Version : 2 things mostly...

TangmerePhilipp
12-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Hello all!

The new patch is very good in every regard, as are the new planned features like the weather upgrades. I was wondering though, is the devs intention to create overcast systems by bunching up cumulus clouds, or will we see more variety in the cloud formations?

I am asking because I assume that in the area of weather control not much will change (i.e. Clear, Good, Hazy etc.), so if we get one overcast setting I think it'd be best if it were not just a crowding of cumulus clouds! Looking forward to it though!

In the area of ship view distance, I must say that I was rather dissapointed to find that all was meant by those posts that said that you can now see ships from a distance, was that you can see dots from a distance, not ships, nor low-LOD versions of them, just dots.

I'm curious as to why 1CM has not chosen to adapt various LODs as the distance changes in order to still maintain the appearance of the object we are "viewing"?

TangmerePhilipp
12-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Hello all!

The new patch is very good in every regard, as are the new planned features like the weather upgrades. I was wondering though, is the devs intention to create overcast systems by bunching up cumulus clouds, or will we see more variety in the cloud formations?

I am asking because I assume that in the area of weather control not much will change (i.e. Clear, Good, Hazy etc.), so if we get one overcast setting I think it'd be best if it were not just a crowding of cumulus clouds! Looking forward to it though!

In the area of ship view distance, I must say that I was rather dissapointed to find that all was meant by those posts that said that you can now see ships from a distance, was that you can see dots from a distance, not ships, nor low-LOD versions of them, just dots.

I'm curious as to why 1CM has not chosen to adapt various LODs as the distance changes in order to still maintain the appearance of the object we are "viewing"?

TangmerePhilipp
12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
BUMP

p1ngu666
12-28-2004, 11:57 PM
there are various LOD's, but i guess u get to a point where a dot is basicaly better.

as for clouds, who knows? i just hope they are good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and other types would be great http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TangmerePhilipp
12-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Well there is some variety currently (not just cumulus clouds) although not used to a great extent so it wouldn^t be that new of a thing to ask for stratus overcasts. More options would also certainly be nice (wind speed and direction and so on...)

Pop ups are becoming a problem with this game, not just visually, but gameplay-wise. I wish that a utility like LoMan would come out that would allow us to adjust the visibility ranges of certain features...