PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the release date?

TheDarkPrince16
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I hadn't been at the E3 convention so I was probably one of many not to hear of AC2, and had heard about on Xbox360's market place, and thought it was out already, but when showed up at Best Buy, I had found out that it isn't released until November! Now come on AC2 team, with all that advanced software you can't speed up the development of the game, that's sort of sad, me and my friends have made a game close to the same technological bases and we finished it in 10 months, and it had almost as good of graphics as AC2, so I would try to speed things up or the state of development you have the game at will start having bugs, glitches and more, oh and try not to include that stupid program you had in the first Assassin's creed, where when there's a glitch you can change the view of the camera

Velvit
06-21-2009, 01:25 PM
i dont want to wait either but do you want a good game or a rushed game that mite have alot of bugs

NotLordAtkin
06-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Aren't you hasty!
The first gameplay was just REVEALED at E3 09, and I think that November is quite soon already! Advanced software, yeah, the game needs a lot of work that no software could do alone. they only use the software to make the game, the software won't work on it's own. and there is no way you would get a good game of AC2's massive scale done in two months.
Just wait, November is quite a good relase date, it coul've been announced in 2010 and still no one would complain, because that's just the case with God of War 3, which also had it's gameplay debut on this E3 (even the same press conference).

Yeah, and you have amazingly little basic videogame knowledge for a person who has made a videogame http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
First, you can find just about anything about E3 on the internet, you just need to search a bit. second, the more time spent on polishing the game, the less bugs. you are contradicting yourself with your demands.

caswallawn_2k7
06-21-2009, 02:57 PM
me and my friends have made a game close to the same technological bases and we finished it in 10 months, and it had almost as good of graphics as AC2 and I would bet it was either made in C# or using another existing game engin, so you did nothing more than add a few modles and maps and a couple of basic scripts. it's easy to make a basic game on an existing engin using existing rule sets and if the graphics engin is already in place.

game firms like Ubi are making these games from the ground up and they cost millions to make as they need alot more code than the basic stuff most indy games/fan made games/mods/total conversions come from.

Losk_
06-21-2009, 10:42 PM
all that advanced software you can't speed up the development of the game, that's sort of sad, me and my friends have made a game close to the same technological bases and we finished it in 10 months, and it had almost as good of graphics as AC2

Do you have a link where we can check out your game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

godsmack_darius
06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
lol I guess not

RipYourSpineOut
06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Is it just me, or is AC2 being released only DAYS after AC1 was released?

Assassin's Creed: November 13, 2007
Assassin's Creed II: November 17, 2009

Is it just a coincidence, or does Ubi just like the month http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sypron
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
If i didn't already know that AC2's release was scheduled for November, I would guess that it would come out some time mid-2010. The wait between the announcement of AC1 and its release was something close to 2 years. Ubisoft's first major interview for AC2 was done only months before the game is due to be released. I'm very happy we'll be seeing it so soon.

Dylan_Josh
06-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I want to see that game >_>

Account_Deleted
06-25-2009, 12:53 AM
the first AC game was in novemeber.... >_>