PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors and Duality in the story

Crash_Plague
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I was just replaying the game the second time through I noticed some ironic mirroring in the story.

The example that I found at the start of the game Altair says to Malik "Safe and peace" and Malik replies with "Your presence here deprives us of both"

But in the last mission when Altair meets Malik he says "Safe and Peace" and Malik replies with "Your presence here ensures us of both"

This shows the duality in the story and the "full circle" concept as well as the development of the characters' relationships.

That type of stuff was common back in literature back then (even in Shakespeare's time) and I thought it was interesting that Ubi would use these types of literary devices.

You guys notice anything else like this? (regarding duality or mirroring?)

Crash_Plague
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I was just replaying the game the second time through I noticed some ironic mirroring in the story.

The example that I found at the start of the game Altair says to Malik "Safe and peace" and Malik replies with "Your presence here deprives us of both"

But in the last mission when Altair meets Malik he says "Safe and Peace" and Malik replies with "Your presence here ensures us of both"

This shows the duality in the story and the "full circle" concept as well as the development of the characters' relationships.

That type of stuff was common back in literature back then (even in Shakespeare's time) and I thought it was interesting that Ubi would use these types of literary devices.

You guys notice anything else like this? (regarding duality or mirroring?)

Paladin_1962
01-12-2008, 05:19 PM
This is hardly anything of major interest, and is quite simple to understand. Earlier in the game Malik was annoyed with Altair, but later grew to respect him, so obviously his greeting later would be more pleasant.

What's the 'duality'?

Crash_Plague
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
lol, never mind. I guess I was getting too into the analytical aspect of the story.

But I know that is why Malik said that, but I was saying that that is not the only reason that Ubi put it in.

blarson11
01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
it is of interest actually...i just cant think of any specific examples, as i havent played the game in a while....

i sometimes glance over things like this, so its nice to have someone remind me...

BobDown
01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Good find! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

And yes, it is of interest.

Crash_Plague
01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
cool.