Avont29
03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
i ahev

windows xp sp2
1 gig of ram
radeon 9000 agp 128 MB graphics card
1.33ghz athlon xp 1500+ processor
verson high speed(supposedly) internet

and when im in a game by myself or in a game with like 20 to 30 ppl i get really nice frames per second

but when im in a game with like 60 ppl or like 99 ppl, its really laggy, lag spikes everywhere and stuff, even with like 40 ppl i kinda lag, espcially in zekes

i think i get low fps because of my itnernet connection, what can i do, to make sure i get all pings or something

so i dont get these lag spikes

Avont29
03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
i ahev

windows xp sp2
1 gig of ram

and when im in a game by myself or in a game with like 20 to 30 ppl i get really nice frames per second

but when im in a game with like 60 ppl or like 99 ppl, its really laggy, lag spikes everywhere and stuff, even with like 40 ppl i kinda lag, espcially in zekes

i think i get low fps because of my itnernet connection, what can i do, to make sure i get all pings or something

so i dont get these lag spikes

FE_pilot
03-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I think its because of your cpu. If your playing with 99 people online, don't expect to get the same fps as with 50 people.

VW-IceFire
03-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Mmmm yes it is because of your hardware. An Athlon XP 1500+ was a great CPU in its day but its...mmm 6 years old off the top of my head. And the Radeon 9000 was never a really super performer either. So what you're running into is likely CPU related and possible video in situations where there are large numbers of aircraft in one area.

The "lag spikes" are probably more about your CPU crunching all the data being thrown at it and inducing the spikes by delaying on the data.

You might want to try tweaking your Windows page file and see if that can smooth the performance out a bit. But ultimately you're fighting a bit of a loosing battle in the larger servers...they were never meant for a lower spec system such as your own.

Tweaking your page file:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/paging_file.htm

stansdds
03-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Your CPU and quite likely your RAM speed are your bottlenecks.

WWMaxGunz
03-05-2007, 05:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avont29:
i ahev

windows xp sp2
1 gig of ram

so i dont get these lag spikes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you hosting? Limit the number of players!

Your Verizon should be -maximum- (they tell you, no guarantee just as cable net is only more so
as that is a shared line) 768k bit/sec. IL2 client only needs 28.8k bit/sec, 26 of those is
768kbps.

If you are not hosting then the problem is at the host. It may be net bandwidth (his) or it
may be memory he has especially if he is playing on the host machine.