PDA

View Full Version : AC Encyclopedia Subject 16 Pic (kinda)

maxerx180
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I dont know any other place to put it.

There is a picture(some what) of subject 16 in the AC Encyclopedia

<span class="ev_code_RED">SPOILER</span>

http://www.ubiworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/subject16flou.jpg

xCr0wnedNorris
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Too blurry, can't really read anything. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ThaWhistle
07-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Too blurry, can't really read anything. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

what he said, its illegible, and the pic doesnt really tell us anything useful

maxerx180
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

what he said, its illegible, and the pic doesnt really tell us anything useful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we know that he will be wearing black http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ThaWhistle
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by maxerx180:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

what he said, its illegible, and the pic doesnt really tell us anything useful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we know that he will be wearing black http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe desmond will get a pair of glasses in ACR, and then hell be clear.

swiftkinfe
07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Link to a clear version would be helpful.

maxerx180
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Link to a clear version would be helpful.

Well we only have this since they wanted to avoid spoilers.

Moultonborough
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I think the point is for it to be blurry. Ubisoft does not want people to know what he looks like quite yet. Most likely in AC 3.

flyingeaglemile
07-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Looks like Desmonds outfit, black shirt with jeans.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
Looks like Desmonds outfit, black shirt with jeans.

Look, the sleeves are rolled up pretty high and if it's in the encyclopedia, which is supposed to be up to Revelations in cannon, then Desmond might have seen 16 without knowing it. wouldn't you guys keep the bloodlines of multiple Grand masters close? That really is close to what Desmond looks like though, I could be wrong of course.

twenty_glyphs
07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
We'll know what Subject 16 looks like when this encyclopedia comes out, and much more than likely when Revelations' story is over. He's not going to be blurred out like this in the book; this is just to keep anyone from knowing what he looks like now but get us intrigued about it.

It does indeed look like he's wearing exactly what Desmond is wearing in Revelations. This will give more ammunition to the Desmond is Subject 16 theorists out there (of which I'm not one), but it could also be because Desmond is starting to take on characteristics of Subject 16 himself because of whatever is in the Animus that Subject 16 left behind of himself. Something like Subject 16 is downloading himself into Desmond's mind ("I am with you to the end") and leading to Desmond being able to see the Truth memory through 16's eyes. The "IAmNotAlive" memory encrypted in the E3 walkthrough hints that we may get to see one of Subject 16's memories. Also, the Desmond E3 trailer showed lots of glimpses of what looks like the walls of Abstergo with new wall writings that look like 16's wall writings from AC1. Seems like we'll see a lot of things left behind by 16 himself when we play the Desmond portions of the game.

I'm also intrigued by the Embers animated short now. The encyclopedia post makes it sound like it will be an important story, unlike the Ascension story from last year. We'll know more about it this Saturday at Comic-Con.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 12:41 AM
well, he could be, oh I dunno, wearing a black t-shirt. I mean with this quality that could be me wearing a black t-shirt. It's pointless to speculate on this really.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I think the point is for it to be blurry. Ubisoft does not want people to know what he looks like quite yet. Most likely in AC 3.
Dun care 'bout the picture, text is too blurry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LightRey
07-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah, isn't there a HD version of this?

Jakob4242
07-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Anyone else notice Erudito's info is on this page as well. It could be that Erudito and 16 are the same (perhaps this has already been addressed elsewhere). 16's consciousness could exist entirely within Abstergo's mainframe which would explain how Erudito is extremely capable of hacking Abstergo.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Jakob4242:
Anyone else notice Erudito's info is on this page as well. It could be that Erudito and 16 are the same (perhaps this has already been addressed elsewhere). 16's consciousness could exist entirely within Abstergo's mainframe which would explain how Erudito is extremely capable of hacking Abstergo.
Possible, but since they have 2 different entries, I see it as evidence for the opposite.

roostersrule2
07-19-2011, 02:46 AM
im thinking that edurito is a anagram of 16s real name its probably not but it could be

reini03
07-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
im thinking that edurito is a anagram of 16s real name its probably not but it could be

Well, Erudito could also be an anagram of uditore... so... that's almost Auditore http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Anyway, isn't that almost proof for that S16 is alive? Or why would there be a picture of him.

ULT1M4T3
07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Any chance that the first word is his real name?
It certainly doesn't look like Micheal (as in 'French Graphic Novel' thing). The first sentence looks like:
*Name* (*Birth year*-2012) is no longer human.
It's too blurry to read anything. And it looks like he's wearing t-shirt, not a hoodie like Demsond.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ULT1M4T3:
Any chance that the first word is his real name?
It certainly doesn't look like Micheal (as in 'French Graphic Novel' thing). The first sentence looks like:
*Name* (*Birth year*-2012) is no longer human.
It's too blurry to read anything. And it looks like he's wearing t-shirt, not a hoodie like Demsond.
I think you might be right. I curse the one who deliberately made it just barely readable enough to guess what could be written there.

twenty_glyphs
07-19-2011, 01:02 PM
It does indeed look like it says "is no longer human" after a birth year (1981? can't tell) and 2012. This encyclopedia looks really cool, but I wonder how it will affect the story experience. I imagine it will probably ship at the same time as the game itself since the Animus Edition contains the Encyclopedia too. If that's the case, everyone who gets one will need to be very careful about reading anything until after they've finished Revelations. Heck, you'll need to be careful about even reading the topic titles on this forum.

After last year, I'm sorry to say that I'll have to stay off the forums as soon as the weekend before the game comes out. Since people thought it was an awesome idea to spoil Brotherhood's ending in topic titles last year, we'll all have to be very careful about even reading the topics on the forum. Also remember the Wiki. I wasn't too badly spoiled from the topic titles here, but I made the mistake of reading a Wiki page about Pieces of Eden or the Apple when I was a week into the game and right there it just jumped into telling the end of Brotherhood in even more detail (although it got some key points totally wrong).

I say all that to say that when this Encyclopedia gets out, people will be posting stuff on the forums, probably with spoilers in their topic titles. Just be on your guard if you don't want to be spoiled.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
It does indeed look like it says "is no longer human" after a birth year (1981? can't tell) and 2012. This encyclopedia looks really cool, but I wonder how it will affect the story experience. I imagine it will probably ship at the same time as the game itself since the Animus Edition contains the Encyclopedia too. If that's the case, everyone who gets one will need to be very careful about reading anything until after they've finished Revelations. Heck, you'll need to be careful about even reading the topic titles on this forum.

After last year, I'm sorry to say that I'll have to stay off the forums as soon as the weekend before the game comes out. Since people thought it was an awesome idea to spoil Brotherhood's ending in topic titles last year, we'll all have to be very careful about even reading the topics on the forum. Also remember the Wiki. I wasn't too badly spoiled from the topic titles here, but I made the mistake of reading a Wiki page about Pieces of Eden or the Apple when I was a week into the game and right there it just jumped into telling the end of Brotherhood in even more detail (although it got some key points totally wrong).

I say all that to say that when this Encyclopedia gets out, people will be posting stuff on the forums, probably with spoilers in their topic titles. Just be on your guard if you don't want to be spoiled.
ha. when the game comes out I'm not going to post or read anything on the forums anyways since I'll be too busy playing.
One thing's for sure though. I won't read that encyclopedia till after I've finished the game.

CRUDFACE
07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

dude, when I played Ad2 and ACB...I think I only ate once. Okay, so I have the problem of playing through a game, but at least I know I'll tune everything out, right?

Oh, and about miss-information...I read two comments over at gamerants about how Subject 16 could be either Subject 17 (wtf) or his mother...yeah, it got that bad.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

dude, when I played Ad2 and ACB...I think I only ate once. Okay, so I have the problem of playing through a game, but at least I know I'll tune everything out, right?

Oh, and about miss-information...I read two comments over at gamerants about how Subject 16 could be either Subject 17 (wtf) or his mother...yeah, it got that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
what... how could... I don't even... no, just no.

graffitimysoul
07-20-2011, 10:09 PM
"is no longer human" and "by (?) Templars." is all I can make out (only did the first paragraph). I probably could see a little more if I kept staring at it, but it hurts my eyes a little.

mantledarcanum
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/10nyxxg.jpg
Add a tie in and it will all make sense!

Perhaps 16 was his human form and Erudito is his psyche put into computer form and he's now purely digital. Who knows.. for now.

RENEGADEsoup
07-22-2011, 07:29 AM
For the record, the first line of the first Erudito paragraph seems to be "It is unclear whether Erudito is a person or a group,"

LightRey
07-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by RENEGADEsoup:
For the record, the first line of the first Erudito paragraph seems to be "It is unclear whether Erudito is a person or a group,"
cool. that'd mean Erudito won't be revealed in ACR.

EmmaBemma
07-22-2011, 07:56 AM
You people have good eyes! I can't make out a thing. i.e. Erudito being a group - perhaps they are Ubisoft's and the AC-universe's answer to groups like Anonymous.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by EmmaBemma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RENEGADEsoup:
You people have good eyes! I can't make out a thing. i.e. Erudito being a group - perhaps they are Ubisoft's and the AC-universe's answer to groups like Anonymous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey, that's a good point.
Does this mean that Erudito is Legion?

Warforger
07-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Erm you guys do realize they're probably making this up as they go along? It's like say Star Wars, do you actually think all 6 movies were originally planned to be one big one? No! Originally Ep.4 was going to be a standalone movie because Lucas was under the impression it was going to fail, hence why the subtitle Episode 4 wasn't added until reprints and it was just called "Star Wars". Hence Luke and Leia's relationship, nevermind looking at the characters and noticing how smaller of a character Darth Vader was then how the prequels would make him out to be.

It's sort of pointless to debate it and it only serves as a marketing tool for Ubisoft to keep the fans interested and they can always change it like I said before, they could decide to make Assasin's Creed 4 in a WWII setting where you fight for the Nazi's. Of course this forum does hold sway, they could but that would be a disaster, but that's also a bad thing because look at AC:R, story wise it's just more AC2, sure there seems to be Altair bits, but I was hoping that they would've made an original character again, then make some sort of tie in with all 3.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Warforger:
Erm you guys do realize they're probably making this up as they go along? It's like say Star Wars, do you actually think all 6 movies were originally planned to be one big one? No! Originally Ep.4 was going to be a standalone movie because Lucas was under the impression it was going to fail, hence why the subtitle Episode 4 wasn't added until reprints and it was just called "Star Wars". Hence Luke and Leia's relationship, nevermind looking at the characters and noticing how smaller of a character Darth Vader was then how the prequels would make him out to be.

It's sort of pointless to debate it and it only serves as a marketing tool for Ubisoft to keep the fans interested and they can always change it like I said before, they could decide to make Assasin's Creed 4 in a WWII setting where you fight for the Nazi's. Of course this forum does hold sway, they could but that would be a disaster, but that's also a bad thing because look at AC:R, story wise it's just more AC2, sure there seems to be Altair bits, but I was hoping that they would've made an original character again, then make some sort of tie in with all 3.
HA! the pc forum...
nobody gives a about you guys.
on another note. usually when developing stories like this, yes, they do make it up as they go along, but the do have a general idea for where the story's going to. Erudito and 16 could be a huge part of that. Ergo, this could be planned out.
now go back to your pesky little pc forum.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or try to start a console war.</span>

RENEGADEsoup
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm wondering... would it not be possible to remove/reduce the image blur to some extent using some image deconvolution software (http://www.deconvolve.net/index.html)?

I'm no expert though and it's kinda complicated... but I have hope for the image since even doing something as simple as messing around with the filters on Photoshop has yielded some results (edited in the orginal blurred version for comparison):

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t326/ravenkle/subject16.jpg

Which makes me think they might have just applied something as straightfoward as a gaussian blur to it.

Curse my lacking skills in this field T-T
If anyone actually knows what they're doing with this and manages it, we will hail you as a God.

graffitimysoul
07-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I tried to do some Photoshopping, but I honestly think that made it more unreadable. It was better unedited/slightly enlarged...also, I can't unsee Subject 16 having an ascot. :|

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
07-23-2011, 10:50 AM
I can make out a sentence that says "...programming form?...words that I can't read...Desmond Miles in the fight against the Templar's."

Mr_Shade
07-23-2011, 11:26 AM
ooooh it's a mystery http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
07-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
ooooh it's a mystery http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Yes. A mysterious mystery... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM

I have quoted the original post, so we don't have to keep scrolling up to look at it when we make statements....

Anyway, my take is this... and perhaps it's just my take. We're all running on the assumption that S16 is male. What if "he's" not?

We know that there were "glitches" in the Animus during the first game, as we were instructed to tap a button to change the camera angle when they happened. That said, said glitches could corrupt data, and therefore, mask the original voice.

The more likely explination though, is that S16 encoded a masculine voice to conceal their identity for some reason.

And before you go ravaging my hypothisis, let me tell you why I've suggested it. Take a second look at the picture. Notice a low cut, v-neck on the shirt? Where I'm from, that's not Masculine apparel.

Point two: Perhaps it's just me (and I think it may be), but doesn't there appear to be a slight pear shape to this person?

Thoughts?

CRUDFACE
07-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxerx180:

I have quoted the original post, so we don't have to keep scrolling up to look at it when we make statements....

Anyway, my take is this... and perhaps it's just my take. We're all running on the assumption that S16 is male. What if "he's" not?

We know that there were "glitches" in the Animus during the first game, as we were instructed to tap a button to change the camera angle when they happened. That said, said glitches could corrupt data, and therefore, mask the original voice.

The more likely explination though, is that S16 encoded a masculine voice to conceal their identity for some reason.

And before you go ravaging my hypothisis, let me tell you why I've suggested it. Take a second look at the picture. Notice a low cut, v-neck on the shirt? Where I'm from, that's not Masculine apparel.

Point two: Perhaps it's just me (and I think it may be), but doesn't there appear to be a slight pear shape to this person?

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the glitches have only ever distorted the image and added in sounds, but never detracted from what the sound originally was. And that V neck thing...take a picture of Desmond in his new hoodie and blur it out. It'll look like a V neck to. And the voice in the Brotherhood truth showed that the voice guiding us was Sixteen's as shown when the voice said, "voice" or something like that and it became sixteen.

IDK about the pear shaped thing though since the top and bottom are blurred so that they reach farther than the middle.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxerx180:

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the glitches have only ever distorted the image and added in sounds, but never detracted from what the sound originally was. And that V neck thing...take a picture of Desmond in his new hoodie and blur it out. It'll look like a V neck to. And the voice in the Brotherhood truth showed that the voice guiding us was Sixteen's as shown when the voice said, "voice" or something like that and it became sixteen.

IDK about the pear shaped thing though since the top and bottom are blurred so that they reach farther than the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good points all around... Thanks!

LightRey
07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or try to start a console war.</span>
I'm sorry, I can understand the part about a console war, but how is typing a word that is automatically filtered by the language filter and turned into "****" in any way 'bypassing the language filter'?
I'd say the language filter did its job perfectly well there, turning my bad language into "****". At no point was the filter ever bypassed. You basically removed "****", which really doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever.
I'm not trying to go on some sort of anti-moderator rampage here. I'm merely worried that you yourself might not fully understand the meaning of the word 'bypass' and are thereby effectively acting outside of the authority the forum rules give you.

graffitimysoul
07-23-2011, 05:21 PM
V-Neck = ascot
Pear shape = fanny pack.

Subject 16 is a hipster.

RENEGADEsoup
07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by graffitimysoul:
V-Neck = ascot
Pear shape = fanny pack.

Subject 16 is a hipster.

So now we've affirmed that 16's a hipster and Erudito is Anonymous... I'd call this analysis a job well done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-23-2011, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by graffitimysoul:
V-Neck = ascot
Pear shape = fanny pack.

Subject 16 is a hipster.

So now we've affirmed that 16's a hipster and Erudito is Anonymous... I'd call this analysis a job well done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing like jumping to conclusions based on vauge descriptions, and incomprehensable jibberish huh?

graffitimysoul
07-23-2011, 09:00 PM
So now we've affirmed that 16's a hipster and Erudito is Anonymous... I'd call this analysis a job well done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

lol, I didn't think about Erudito being Anonymous. Yes, I'd say we did quite a splendid job here. *adjusts monocle*

LightRey
07-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by graffitimysoul:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RENEGADEsoup:

lol, I didn't think about Erudito being Anonymous. Yes, I'd say we did quite a splendid job here. *adjusts monocle* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, indeed. *sips from glass of wine and fiddles with mustache*.

Calvarok
07-27-2011, 10:25 PM
I think that Erudito created Anonymous to do some of their work for them, and keep attention off of them. ; )

LightRey
07-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I think that Erudito created Anonymous to do some of their work for them, and keep attention off of them. ; )
I doubt it. I don't think you can create something like Anonymous. If Erudito has anything to do with Anon, it'd probably be more like LulzSec.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I doubt it. I don't think you can create something like Anonymous. If Erudito has anything to do with Anon, it'd probably be more like LulzSec. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to make sure I'm following the situation correctly, you guys are talking about the real life hacker group right?

rileypoole1234
07-28-2011, 02:03 PM
The first word, which seems to be 16s name, looks to me that it starts with a K and ends with an N. Karson? Kevin? Hmmmm

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I doubt it. I don't think you can create something like Anonymous. If Erudito has anything to do with Anon, it'd probably be more like LulzSec. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to make sure I'm following the situation correctly, you guys are talking about the real life hacker group right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, they're not actually a hacker group. Only (relatively) few of them are actual hackers. Most are basically a bunch of people on the internet that support anonymity (on the internet), but yes.
The actual definition that anonymous "members" seem to prefer is that the name represents any and all who are acting anonymously.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe I should rephrase that. It's more that Anonymous is like the "beast" inside all of us that does whatever it wants.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Just to make sure I'm following the situation correctly, you guys are talking about the real life hacker group right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, they're not actually a hacker group. Only (relatively) few of them are actual hackers. Most are basically a bunch of people on the internet that support anonymity (on the internet), but yes.
The actual definition that anonymous "members" seem to prefer is that the name represents any and all who are acting anonymously.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe I should rephrase that. It's more that Anonymous is like the "beast" inside all of us that does whatever it wants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. I thought that's who you all have been talking about. But I wanted to make sure.

And the names Karen... S16 is female...

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Sweet. I thought that's who you all have been talking about. But I wanted to make sure.

Lol, I'd hope not. They've been referring to S16 as "him" ever since AC1. I don't think Lucy'd be that mean xD.
Not to mention he sounds pretty masculine in the second "The Truth" file.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM

Lol, I'd hope not. They've been referring to S16 as "him" ever since AC1. I don't think Lucy'd be that mean xD.
Not to mention he sounds pretty masculine in the second "The Truth" file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, the picture makes s16 seem pear shaped, and honestly, I think if I were s16, I'd hide my gender and voice too.... then again, I don't necessarily think that s16 is dead either.

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Not to mention he sounds pretty masculine in the second "The Truth" file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, the picture makes s16 seem pear shaped, and honestly, I think if I were s16, I'd hide my gender and voice too.... then again, I don't necessarily think that s16 is dead either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'd be the smartest thing to do, but every time we see him, don't we have to earn his trust? Not literally, but by the time we've been through the Glyphs and Rift puzzles, he doesn't really have much to hide anymore. And when he see him in ACB, he has to put himself back together with the bare minimum.

Unless, idk, the son he was talking about was if Desmond knocked him...her up and she wanted to keep the baby she had a secret and in turn her gender. But if the blurring isn't causing the hourglass figure, and he IS a man, that's something else.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Like I said, the picture makes s16 seem pear shaped, and honestly, I think if I were s16, I'd hide my gender and voice too.... then again, I don't necessarily think that s16 is dead either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What? why would you want to hide your gender and voice? He specifically has a message for Lucy in the glyphs. He's never hiding anything about himself.
and again, everyone refers to him as "him".
He's male.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 03:50 PM

What? why would you want to hide your gender and voice? He specifically has a message for Lucy in the glyphs. He's never hiding anything about himself.
and again, everyone refers to him as "him".
He's male. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What message are you talking about?

LightRey
07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
in the last glyph in ACII 16 apologizes to Lucy for being unable to go on.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM
in the last glyph in ACII 16 apologizes to Lucy for being unable to go on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played through them yet again,... so I think I may have forgotten about this part. Is there a video some place you can link too?

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 05:25 PM
in the last glyph in ACII 16 apologizes to Lucy for being unable to go on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played through them yet again,... so I think I may have forgotten about this part. Is there a video some place you can link too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here yah go!

Glyph 20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnpebzbGI4)

Go to about 3:11 and you can hear/see him mention her name

Dizlol
07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Where did you get this picture? :O

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 09:03 PM

I haven't played through them yet again,... so I think I may have forgotten about this part. Is there a video some place you can link too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here yah go!

Glyph 20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnpebzbGI4)

Go to about 3:11 and you can hear/see him mention her name </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool. Again, the things you miss... just a little detail can through everything off for you....

But alas, it changes nothing. If Lucy knows who they are, the mentioning of her name, and the disguise of the voice is irrelevant. The fact that he said "She sees me raise the knife..." would indicate to Lucy who they were.

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I knew he knew Lucy, but I forgot where the proof was until Lightrey brought it up. But if Subject 16 was a woman, how would that impact the story differently? I mean, it wouldn't hold any real weight like Altair and Ezio being related.

Originally posted by JerfyNL:

It's on the Ubiworkshop site when they did a little thing about the info in the new encyclopedia.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 01:47 AM
I knew he knew Lucy, but I forgot where the proof was until Lightrey brought it up. But if Subject 16 was a woman, how would that impact the story differently? I mean, it wouldn't hold any real weight like Altair and Ezio being related.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JerfyNL:

It's on the Ubiworkshop site when they did a little thing about the info in the new encyclopedia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well they referred to him as "him" all the time, so that would be kinda weird.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Since S16 and Desmond (S17) were so close to each in terms of present time line maybe they are brothers or twin brothers. Would explain the looking like Desmond in that blurry image.

RENEGADEsoup
07-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Since S16 and Desmond (S17) were so close to each in terms of present time line maybe they are brothers or twin brothers. Would explain the looking like Desmond in that blurry image.

No. I suppose it's possible but I think it's unlikely because if they were brothers Abstergo wouldn't have needed Desmond in the first place in order to access Altair's memories, which was the whole reason they captured him. If they were so much as brothers, they would have the exact same genetic memories, and 16 could have given Abstergo access to the map in Altair's memories straight away. If they were brothers, it'd just leave more holes in the story.

Also, my friend's dad is called Karol (http://www.behindthename.com/name/karol), which is a dude's name. Just sayin', 16 could have an unusual name, doesn't mean he's a woman. And I'd say the picture's still too blurred to tell if 16 has curves or not.

Moultonborough
07-29-2011, 06:42 AM
I tried everything I know to make it somewhat clear. But it didn't work. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif I could make out a few words "Desmond" one of them. But not enough to give us clues. I guess we will just have to wait.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

No. I suppose it's possible but I think it's unlikely because if they were brothers Abstergo wouldn't have needed Desmond in the first place in order to access Altair's memories, which was the whole reason they captured him. If they were so much as brothers, they would have the exact same genetic memories, and 16 could have given Abstergo access to the map in Altair's memories straight away. If they were brothers, it'd just leave more holes in the story.

Also, my friend's dad is called Karol (http://www.behindthename.com/name/karol), which is a dude's name. Just sayin', 16 could have an unusual name, doesn't mean he's a woman. And I'd say the picture's still too blurred to tell if 16 has curves or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've gotta be connected some how since they both were related to Ezio.

S16 "killed" him self, or so we've been told, before the templars could get any more info from him. Could be they just didn't get a chance to see altiar wih S16.

RENEGADEsoup
07-29-2011, 07:24 AM

S16 "killed" him self, or so we've been told, before the templars could get any more info from him. Could be they just didn't get a chance to see altiar wih S16.

I don't dispute that they're connected in some way. They have to be, because of Ezio. But they don't have to be very close family for that. I know the lines could have branched off at any point, but think about it this way: the line 16 comes from could have descended from Ezio's Daughter, the line Desmond comes from could be from Ezio's Son. Both would be connected to Ezio, but after that point Desmond and 16 would have no genetic memories in common, since one would be descended from Flavia and one from Marcello. If the lines did split that far back, Desmond and 16 probably wouldn't even be distant cousins today (unless the lines re-crossed at some point, but eh we're getting into it too deeply here, point is- we don't know how closely related Desmond and 16 are, but the fact they are related doesn't mean for certain they are closely related.

And you know, I almost put something in about how "Although it is possibly they just drove 16 crazy before they got to Altair's memories". I knew someone would pick me up on that XD I mean, it is a possibility- the Templars actually had someone here descended from the Assassin's, they'd probably have been a bit like a kid in a candy store (and ended up pushing him too far, we know that's what happened in the end, they'd pushed him too much and he killed himself).

Thing is, if the Templars had accessed Ezio's memories, they would have learned about Altair and the map from the codex he came into contact with. At one point in AC:II, while taking the break from the Animus, Lucy says something like "[examples of ancestors memories Vidic had 16 explore, something something, ancient africa etc]... but near the end, it was always Italy". It makes me wonder if the Templars had 16 explore Ezio's memories... 16 himself had certainly accessed them at some point in order to place the Glyphs there.

That was gonna be the end of my argument- the Templars learned of Altair through the codex, realised they needed a descendent, possibly tracked one down using their DNA, realised Desmond was a sitting duck since he ran away and managed to capture him. But as I was typing this I realised that Ezio himself has access to the map- it's scrawled across the codex and can be seen using Eagle vision. It shows the location of the pieces and of the Temples. That's what they were after from Altair's memories-- which probably means they either didn't see that part in Ezio's, or didn't access Ezio's memories at all.

Or something weird like they couldn't see/record the things shown in Eagle Vision, they needed a "hard copy" of sorts of the map when the Apple projects in in Altair's memories. Or... maybe the version of the map Altair drew on the codex wasn't accurate enough for them, they needed to see the original version the Apple projected. Eh, who knows.

So... I suppose it is still a possibility they didn't get around to Altair's memories. I hadn't thought of 16 killing himself to stop them getting info though, I thought he just couldn't take it anymore, and realised he needed to leave a message for the next subject too (hence, the blood writing). I guess all we can actually say is if 16 had access to Altair's memories, it wasn't through Ezio (since they confirmed Ezio isn't related to Altair).

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

I don't dispute that they're connected in some way. They have to be, because of Ezio. But they don't have to be very close family for that. I know the lines could have branched off at any point, but think about it this way: the line 16 comes from could have descended from Ezio's Daughter, the line Desmond comes from could be from Ezio's Son. Both would be connected to Ezio, but after that point Desmond and 16 would have no genetic memories in common, since one would be descended from Flavia and one from Marcello. If the lines did split that far back, Desmond and 16 probably wouldn't even be distant cousins today (unless the lines re-crossed at some point, but eh we're getting into it too deeply here, point is- we don't know how closely related Desmond and 16 are, but the fact they are related doesn't mean for certain they are closely related.

And you know, I almost put something in about how "Although it is possibly they just drove 16 crazy before they got to Altair's memories". I knew someone would pick me up on that XD I mean, it is a possibility- the Templars actually had someone here descended from the Assassin's, they'd probably have been a bit like a kid in a candy store (and ended up pushing him too far, we know that's what happened in the end, they'd pushed him too much and he killed himself).

Thing is, if the Templars had accessed Ezio's memories, they would have learned about Altair and the map from the codex he came into contact with. At one point in AC:II, while taking the break from the Animus, Lucy says something like "[examples of ancestors memories Vidic had 16 explore, something something, ancient africa etc]... but near the end, it was always Italy". It makes me wonder if the Templars had 16 explore Ezio's memories... 16 himself had certainly accessed them at some point in order to place the Glyphs there.

That was gonna be the end of my argument- the Templars learned of Altair through the codex, realised they needed a descendent, possibly tracked one down using their DNA, realised Desmond was a sitting duck since he ran away and managed to capture him. But as I was typing this I realised that Ezio himself has access to the map- it's scrawled across the codex and can be seen using Eagle vision. It shows the location of the pieces and of the Temples. That's what they were after from Altair's memories-- which probably means they either didn't see that part in Ezio's, or didn't access Ezio's memories at all.

Or something weird like they couldn't see/record the things shown in Eagle Vision, they needed a "hard copy" of sorts of the map when the Apple projects in in Altair's memories. Or... maybe the version of the map Altair drew on the codex wasn't accurate enough for them, they needed to see the original version the Apple projected. Eh, who knows.

So... I suppose it is still a possibility they didn't get around to Altair's memories. I hadn't thought of 16 killing himself to stop them getting info though, I thought he just couldn't take it anymore, and realised he needed to leave a message for the next subject too (hence, the blood writing). I guess all we can actually say is if 16 had access to Altair's memories, it wasn't through Ezio (since they confirmed Ezio isn't related to Altair). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting, but if they were brothers then they would have the same parents and there for same ancestors.

Just b/c they had access to some of Ezio memories doesn't mean they got far enough to know what we know now. Could be they got to Ezio first, saw the few codex he had which were written by Altiar, and S16 kills him self before they could access it.

I like the not being able to see eagle vision idea while in the animus. Can't think of anything to dis prove it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM

So... I suppose it is still a possibility they didn't get around to Altair's memories. I hadn't thought of 16 killing himself to stop them getting info though, I thought he just couldn't take it anymore, and realised he needed to leave a message for the next subject too (hence, the blood writing). I guess all we can actually say is if 16 had access to Altair's memories, it wasn't through Ezio (since they confirmed Ezio isn't related to Altair). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting, but if they were brothers then they would have the same parents and there for same ancestors.

Just b/c they had access to some of Ezio memories doesn't mean they got far enough to know what we know now. Could be they got to Ezio first, saw the few codex he had which were written by Altiar, and S16 kills him self before they could access it.

I like the not being able to see eagle vision idea while in the animus. Can't think of anything to dis prove it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or there's a much simpler explanation. They were looking for something else through 16, and saw the map on the back of the codex. Realizing what it was, they captured Desmond, and the story goes on from there.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 08:40 AM

I like the not being able to see eagle vision idea while in the animus. Can't think of anything to dis prove it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or there's a much simpler explanation. They were looking for something else through 16, and saw the map on the back of the codex. Realizing what it was, they captured Desmond, and the story goes on from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol thats pretty much what I said.

RENEGADEsoup
07-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Correct. Although that's still an if.

Or there's a much simpler explanation. They were looking for something else through 16, and saw the map on the back of the codex. Realizing what it was, they captured Desmond, and the story goes on from there.

Yeah, I'll go along with that. Seems pretty plausible. Although if they did see the map on the back of the codex, there's still a matter of why they couldn't just use that map and why they needed Altair's memories for it.

In regards to 16 and Desmond being brothers, it remains a possibility. All we can say for certain so far is that 16 is in someway related to Desmond (their connection to Ezio proves this)- I still don't think we can make statements on the degree of closeness until we get more information.

I like the not being able to see eagle vision idea while in the animus. Can't think of anything to dis prove it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Can't prove it either though :\ Not until we know more about the nature of Eagle Vision/Sense.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Deff, all this is speculation just to pass the time haha. The more I think about it the more I hope I don't find out till I play so as not to spoil the surprises. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Correct. Although that's still an if.

Yeah, I'll go along with that. Seems pretty plausible. Although if they did see the map on the back of the codex, there's still a matter of why they couldn't just use that map and why they needed Altair's memories for it.

In regards to 16 and Desmond being brothers, it remains a possibility. All we can say for certain so far is that 16 is in someway related to Desmond (their connection to Ezio proves this)- I still don't think we can make statements on the degree of closeness until we get more information.

Can't prove it either though :\ Not until we know more about the nature of Eagle Vision/Sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's already been confessed by the game creators that they're not brothers. We know from the games that Ezio is subject 16's ancestor. We know from the games that Altair is Desmonds ancestor. We know from the creators that the two are not related, and therefore, by logic of whatís been said, neither are 16 or Desmond.

zerocooll21
07-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Actually, it's already been confessed by the game creators that they're not brothers. We know from the games that Ezio is subject 16's ancestor. We know from the games that Altair is Desmonds ancestor. We know from the creators that the two are not related, and therefore, by logic of whatís been said, neither are 16 or Desmond.

Who's to say S16 isn't a decedent of Altair? You say they confessed, did they out right say that or you inferring from your logic? I might have missed something, actually probably missed a lot of things but thats why I'm here lol.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM

Who's to say S16 isn't a decedent of Altair? You say they confessed, did they out right say that or you inferring from your logic? I might have missed something, actually probably missed a lot of things but thats why I'm here lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Your statement lacks logic Poodle_of_Doom.

RENEGADEsoup
07-29-2011, 12:35 PM

Oh for the love of-- this is what I've been trying to get across in my last couple of posts!

YOU SPEND AC:II AND AC:B PLAYING AS EZIO THROUGH DESMOND.
DESMOND IS RELATED TO EZIO.
16 IS RELATED TO EZIO.

THEREFORE THEY ARE RELATED, HOWEVER CLOSE OR DISTANTLY IT MAY BE, BECAUSE THEY SHARE AN ANCESTOR.

What the devs confirmed was the fact that Ezio is not related to Altair, but that's irrelevant to this argument since THEY'RE STILL BOTH RELATED TO EZIO.

Whether Desmond and 16 are brothers or not depends mainly on WHEN the line splits AFTER EZIO, as I discussed before (and re-quoted below). Altair doesn't come into the picture.

Sorry if I sound a little exasperated .__.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 05:44 PM

Oh for the love of-- this is what I've been trying to get across in my last couple of posts!

16 IS RELATED TO EZIO.

THEREFORE THEY ARE RELATED, HOWEVER CLOSE OR DISTANTLY IT MAY BE, BECAUSE THEY SHARE AN ANCESTOR.

What the devs confirmed was the fact that Ezio is not related to Altair, but that's irrelevant to this argument since THEY'RE STILL BOTH RELATED TO EZIO.

Whether Desmond and 16 are brothers or not depends mainly on WHEN the line splits AFTER EZIO, as I discussed before (and re-quoted below). Altair doesn't come into the picture.

Sorry if I sound a little exasperated .__. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see what I can't do to make a video or something. I swear to God, Lucy states that s16's ancestor is Ezio, and that that's the only common ancestor between Desmond and him.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 05:46 PM

16 IS RELATED TO EZIO.

Let me see what I can't do to make a video or something. I swear to God, Lucy states that s16's ancestor is Ezio, and that that's the only common ancestor between Desmond and him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well he is the only common Ancestor the Animus could find in its logs.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM

16 IS RELATED TO EZIO.

Let me see what I can't do to make a video or something. I swear to God, Lucy states that s16's ancestor is Ezio, and that that's the only common ancestor between Desmond and him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well he is the only common Ancestor the Animus could find in its logs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there you have it then. All I said was that s16 and Desmond can't be brothers, as whomever stated above. If they were, Altair and Ezio, along with many others, would be found.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 08:15 PM
On Subject 16's (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_16), wiki page. There is a video. I have mentioned before that I thought subject 16 was female. In the video, he mentions "You can't be to careful.", relative to hiding the codes, and making things secure. Maybe their voice was changed too...

LightRey
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
On Subject 16's (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_16), wiki page. There is a video. I have mentioned before that I thought subject 16 was female. In the video, he mentions "You can't be to careful.", relative to hiding the codes, and making things secure. Maybe their voice was changed too...
That still doesn't explain why everyone refers to him as "him" not "her".

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM
That still doesn't explain why everyone refers to him as "him" not "her". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does. You all think it's a f'ing dude. Would you talk about them being female if you thought that? No, you wouldn't. You have a pear shape. You have subject sixteen being overly cautions,... and Lucy not wanting to talk about it. (Lucy never said him...)

rileypoole1234
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
You know, the more I listened to 16s voice, the more it sounds to me like an altered female voice. The way he talks, the slight cracks is his voice, it all yells female voice to me. I was watching the video posted above and got shivers all up me spine after having the "revelation". Honestly though I still thin it's a guy. I just realized though that it actually is a very big possibility.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
You know, the more I listened to 16s voice, the more it sounds to me like an altered female voice. The way he talks, the slight cracks is his voice, it all yells female voice to me. I was watching the video posted above and got shivers all up me spine after having the "revelation". Honestly though I still thin it's a guy. I just realized though that it actually is a very big possibility.

I would. Like Lucy being stabbed, it's the one thing you wouldn't see coming. Didn't Lucy say she lost family in this? Maybe 16 is related to her.

RENEGADEsoup
07-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Sorry to go back slightly, but I wanted to get something straight.

All I said was that s16 and Desmond can't be brothers, as whomever stated above.

No, that isn't what you said at all. What you said implied Desmond and 16 were not related in any way, and I took issue with the logic you used to back that up since it completely ignored the fact that Desmond is also related to Ezio... and so Desmond and 16 do share a common ancestor, and therefore they are related in some way (however distantly). I quote:

The bolded text is what I was responding to in my last post.

Moving on:

Let me see what I can't do to make a video or something. I swear to God, Lucy states that s16's ancestor is Ezio, and that that's the only common ancestor between Desmond and him.
Well he is the only common Ancestor the Animus could find in its logs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there you have it then. All I said was that s16 and Desmond can't be brothers, as whomever stated above. If they were, Altair and Ezio, along with many others, would be found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume we're drawing our evidence from these two points:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1DnCNdhPPE (Around 2:50, The Animus searches for a match.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6taGZol-kQ (Conversation with Lucy starts about 4:10, I copied out what is said below: )

Desmond: "Okay, you've gotta tell me... why Ezio, why Italy? We could have just gone back to Altair again. Followed him during his early years.
Lucy: "It started with 16..."
Desmond: "Ah, good old Subject 16... he repainted my room, y'know, WITH HIS BLOOD."
Lucy: "I've been going through his files. Vidic flagged a couple of his animus sessions. A bunch of different ancestors, different dates and locations... Ancient Africa, the Middle East, but towards the end he became obsessed with Italy. I think he knew about the Vault... A few of the records of his later animus sessions are missing... and the sessions that are there... after everything the Templars put him through, after everything I put him through... it's all scrambled. If we hadn't pushed 16 so hard we'd have the answers already. And maybe he'd still be alive...
Desmond: "So you're after the Codex and the vault?"
Lucy: "I knew you had an ancestor in Italy who was at the center of all of this."

I suppose it depends on how you interpret what the animus is doing when it's searching, but from what Lucy says it sounds like she purposely looked for someone in that time period-- for Ezio-- and not for common ancestors from later or earlier time periods. They weren't relevant to what she was looking for. To me, this doesn't definititvely rule out the possibility Desmond and 16 could share other ancestors (and maybe ones closer to present, in which case they could be brothers, or cousins, or whatever).

I can see how you could argue something like that because the Animus didn't display various matches on sceen and Lucy purposely selected Ezio from them, he was the only ancestor they shared. But if you notice, it doesn't actually scan through both of them... it loads 16's DNA profile and then seems to lock onto and highlight some of the base pairs while it scans through Desmond's to see if it can find a match. Again, I'd interpret this as Lucy purposely looking for an ancestor in that period (she knew Desmond had one), because it was relevant to what they were searching for (the Vault, confirmation that the world is in danger from the weaken magnetic field, the codex map etc)... as opposed to scanning through for matches from both. She didn't need to look for all the other matches- she knew what she needed- and they were in a rush and that probably would have taken up time they didn't have. I still don't think this is strong enough evidence to completely rule out the possibility Desmond and 16 could share a closer common ancestor, and so potentially could be brothers. Until we get more info, at least.

If you'd read some of my previous posts, however, you'd see that I don't actually think it's likely 16 and Desmond will turn out to be brothers (I gave my reasons before). However, if there's still evidence that something could be plausible, I can't just rule it off because I don't like it or don't personally believe it.

--

Also, while we're at it- I do believe there's an example of Lucy calling 16 a "he" in there. "And maybe he'd still be alive".
Just sayin' ^__^

LightRey
07-30-2011, 08:19 AM
I suppose it depends on how you interpret what the animus is doing when it's searching, but from what Lucy says it sounds like she purposely looked for someone in that time period-- for Ezio-- and not for common ancestors from later or earlier time periods. They weren't relevant to what she was looking for. To me, this doesn't definititvely rule out the possibility Desmond and 16 could share other ancestors (and maybe ones closer to present, in which case they could be brothers, or cousins, or whatever).

I can see how you could argue something like that because the Animus didn't display various matches on sceen and Lucy purposely selected Ezio from them, he was the only ancestor they shared. But if you notice, it doesn't actually scan through both of them... it loads 16's DNA profile and then seems to lock onto and highlight some of the base pairs while it scans through Desmond's to see if it can find a match. Again, I'd interpret this as Lucy purposely looking for an ancestor in that period (she knew Desmond had one), because it was relevant to what they were searching for (the Vault, confirmation that the world is in danger from the weaken magnetic field, the codex map etc)... as opposed to scanning through for matches from both. She didn't need to look for all the other matches- she knew what she needed- and they were in a rush and that probably would have taken up time they didn't have. I still don't think this is strong enough evidence to completely rule out the possibility Desmond and 16 could share a closer common ancestor, and so potentially could be brothers. Until we get more info, at least.

If you'd read some of my previous posts, however, you'd see that I don't actually think it's likely 16 and Desmond will turn out to be brothers (I gave my reasons before). However, if there's still evidence that something could be plausible, I can't just rule it off because I don't like it or don't personally believe it.

--

Also, while we're at it- I do believe there's an example of Lucy calling 16 a "he" in there. "And maybe he'd still be alive".
Just sayin' ^__^
You are completely right.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, the only thing I can say to that is that if she knew that they had an ancestor in that time period, and time was crucial, why do it there? They could of done it back at the warehouse, especially considering that Rebecca said her animus was better.

LightRey
07-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, the only thing I can say to that is that if she knew that they had an ancestor in that time period, and time was crucial, why do it there? They could of done it back at the warehouse, especially considering that Rebecca said her animus was better.
Lucy didn't know. She thought he might, and needed to figure out if it was true and who it was. That's what she needed the Animus 1.0 for.

RENEGADEsoup
07-30-2011, 10:32 AM

That's a good point. It would have made more sense to do that.

First thing that came to mind was maybe she needed access to 16's data, which was stored at Abstergo... but then she went and took the memory core anyway, and she actually says "I've been going through his files". So eh, who knows.

On a side note, I've tried to read up a little on image deconvolution and I feel slightly more confident taking a shot at it with some free software I have. There's nothing you can do about the text, apart from try and make it out by just looking, but I'm still hopeful about the image of 16. If I get anything half-decent out of it, I'll post it.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 05:52 PM

First thing that came to mind was maybe she needed access to 16's data, which was stored at Abstergo... but then she went and took the memory core anyway, and she actually says "I've been going through his files". So eh, who knows.

On a side note, I've tried to read up a little on image deconvolution and I feel slightly more confident taking a shot at it with some free software I have. There's nothing you can do about the text, apart from try and make it out by just looking, but I'm still hopeful about the image of 16. If I get anything half-decent out of it, I'll post it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool beans. Even if it's not better, through it up anyway. And do two different versions of it. Try deconvoluting the original, and put that up. Then try it on the most recent deconvoluted version... and try that. I know a couple people have tried so far, and I'd like to see how each differs with the programs you have.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-30-2011, 11:37 PM

On a side note, I've tried to read up a little on image deconvolution and I feel slightly more confident taking a shot at it with some free software I have. There's nothing you can do about the text, apart from try and make it out by just looking, but I'm still hopeful about the image of 16. If I get anything half-decent out of it, I'll post it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, when you get done with that,... head on over and compare it to this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3381011939) for me would you? I pulled that from "The Truth" video and think what you're doing here would make for an excellent comparasson.

rileypoole1234
07-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Wait, wait, wait wait wait. I'm not in any way saying this is what I think but here goes. The above post by RENEGADEsoup made me think of this. One might interpret the Animus finding a DNA match as saying "This ancestor is relevant to what 16 was doing." What i'm trying to say is, could the Animus possibly have found Desmond's ancestor in Italy that was around when 16s ancestor was? Not the SAME ancestor? Maybe Desmond and 16 aren't related, but maybe they both had ancestors that were in Italy, at the same time period, but 16s didn't give them all the information they needed. So they used Desmond. This isn't what I think, and in fact sounds more stupid every time I read it over. Just kind of wanted to throw it out there though.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Wait, wait, wait wait wait. I'm not in any way saying this is what I think but here goes. The above post by RENEGADEsoup made me think of this. One might interpret the Animus finding a DNA match as saying "This ancestor is relevant to what 16 was doing." What i'm trying to say is, could the Animus possibly have found Desmond's ancestor in Italy that was around when 16s ancestor was? Not the SAME ancestor? Maybe Desmond and 16 aren't related, but maybe they both had ancestors that were in Italy, at the same time period, but 16s didn't give them all the information they needed. So they used Desmond. This isn't what I think, and in fact sounds more stupid every time I read it over. Just kind of wanted to throw it out there though.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense... I don't think anyone's brought that up yet. At that, it would make for an interesting plot point.

LightRey
07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
I doubt the Animus can actually find dates based on the DNA alone. So in that case it could really only have found the same ancestor, not one from the same time period.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I doubt the Animus can actually find dates based on the DNA alone. So in that case it could really only have found the same ancestor, not one from the same time period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how do you explain that we have dates in the first place?

LightRey
07-31-2011, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I doubt the Animus can actually find dates based on the DNA alone. So in that case it could really only have found the same ancestor, not one from the same time period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how do you explain that we have dates in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Estimations based on what is recorded in the animus and historical records.

zerocooll21
07-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought it was all research and that the animus didn't know what dates where. The machine only knows whats been programmed into it right? It doesn't "need" a date to work, it just looks at ancestors memory like folders on a computer. Nothing to back that up, just going off what I thought.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
I thought it was all research and that the animus didn't know what dates where. The machine only knows whats been programmed into it right? It doesn't "need" a date to work, it just looks at ancestors memory like folders on a computer. Nothing to back that up, just going off what I thought.

Well thats all fine and dandy. If they've researched it enough to put the dates in before/while Desmond is seeing it, then they shouldn't have to have Desmond live through it, aside from the training he's received.

LightRey
07-31-2011, 05:04 PM
yeah, that's basically what I was saying. Dates are a human invention to record time, while the human mind itself tends to record stuff more intensively based on the importance of it. I don't think there's any sort of steady calendar in the DNA.

Steww-
08-01-2011, 05:47 AM
That still doesn't explain why everyone refers to him as "him" not "her". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does. You all think it's a f'ing dude. Would you talk about them being female if you thought that? No, you wouldn't. You have a pear shape. You have subject sixteen being overly cautions,... and Lucy not wanting to talk about it. (Lucy never said him...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucy: Oh, oh. The Memory Core, we transferred Sixteen's Memory Data from Abstergo into the Animus 2.0. He must have hacked the machine when Vidic left him alone between sessions.

Lucy: We have safeguards, Desmond. And they kept him in the Animus for way too long, sometimes days at a time. We're being careful with you.

Lucy: I've been going through his files. Vidic flagged a couple of his Animus sessions. A bunch of different ancestors, different dates and locations... ancient Africa, the Middle East... but towards the end, he became obsessed with Italy. I think he knew about the Vault. A few of the records of his later Animus sessions are missing, and the sessions that are there... After everything the Templars put him through... after everything I put him through... it's all scrambled. If we hadn't pushed Sixteen so hard, we'd have all the answers already... and maybe he'd still be alive.

Lucy: He'd be able to explain the whole thing to us. If only we could ask him.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Steww-:

Yes it does. You all think it's a f'ing dude. Would you talk about them being female if you thought that? No, you wouldn't. You have a pear shape. You have subject sixteen being overly cautions,... and Lucy not wanting to talk about it. (Lucy never said him...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucy: Oh, oh. The Memory Core, we transferred Sixteen's Memory Data from Abstergo into the Animus 2.0. He must have hacked the machine when Vidic left him alone between sessions.

Lucy: We have safeguards, Desmond. And they kept him in the Animus for way too long, sometimes days at a time. We're being careful with you.

Lucy: I've been going through his files. Vidic flagged a couple of his Animus sessions. A bunch of different ancestors, different dates and locations... ancient Africa, the Middle East... but towards the end, he became obsessed with Italy. I think he knew about the Vault. A few of the records of his later Animus sessions are missing, and the sessions that are there... After everything the Templars put him through... after everything I put him through... it's all scrambled. If we hadn't pushed Sixteen so hard, we'd have all the answers already... and maybe he'd still be alive.

Lucy: He'd be able to explain the whole thing to us. If only we could ask him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you good sir. You have my gratitude. I also highlighted the he's.

Steww-
08-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it was just at the time :/

I'll probably have to put off reading the encyclopedia till after I've completed the game. It seems like it could have some good info in it.

Mikatsuki95
08-01-2011, 08:38 AM
I think we've got our attention focused in less important areas here. 16's gender isn't really all that enlightening. Interesting yes but not that important. What I feel is significant is what did he learn that was so important he went through all the trouble to leave images in his blood as a trail for Desmond to follow inside the animus.

I can only conclude whatever he learned came from a POE since many of the images he used for glyphs were seen in the apple at the end of ACB. But again I wonder what the hell he learned that was so damn important. And why he has to apparently meet Desmond in "the darkness" to tell him.

zerocooll21
08-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
I think we've got our attention focused in less important areas here. 16's gender isn't really all that enlightening. Interesting yes but not that important. What I feel is significant is what did he learn that was so important he went through all the trouble to leave images in his blood as a trail for Desmond to follow inside the animus.

I can only conclude whatever he learned came from a POE since many of the images he used for glyphs were seen in the apple at the end of ACB. But again I wonder what the hell he learned that was so damn important. And why he has to apparently meet Desmond in "the darkness" to tell him.

The devs said the darkroom is very powerful, could be that its the only way S16 can communicate with Desmond. He keeps trying to while they are in the animus but can't really establish a good enough "connection" if you will.

MacDaddyMcC
08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Im pretty sure there is no clear version of this picture until the release of Assasins Creed Revelations but He does have the same attire as Desmond does in AC Rev. Its going to be interesting if or when these two meet up!

Mikatsuki95
08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
I didn't know about the powerful part there. That could very well be a reason. Who 16 is will definitely be interesting, but I really want to know what he learned that he has to tell Desmond.

LightRey
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:

The devs said the darkroom is very powerful, could be that its the only way S16 can communicate with Desmond. He keeps trying to while they are in the animus but can't really establish a good enough "connection" if you will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well every form of direct communication with him seems to have been through the black room (the Clusters and the second "The Truth"-file seemed to have been inside the black room), so that's quite possibly the only way for them to communicate properly.

xangie1
08-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Interssting theories!

Some thing distrubs me a little bit, though.
I always thought that the AC Encyclopedia was created with the help of the fans.
Wasn't there even a "we search you"-Thread around here?
And on the AC Wiki page there was something posted that a few people from there were working on the Encyclopedia with Ubisoft.

Is that my bad memory or do all these Fans know what will happen? I always thought that the book intends to gather all facts known up to now...but before Revelations....

twenty_glyphs
08-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by xangie1:
Interssting theories!

Some thing distrubs me a little bit, though.
I always thought that the AC Encyclopedia was created with the help of the fans.
Wasn't there even a "we search you"-Thread around here?
And on the AC Wiki page there was something posted that a few people from there were working on the Encyclopedia with Ubisoft.

Is that my bad memory or do all these Fans know what will happen? I always thought that the book intends to gather all facts known up to now...but before Revelations....

UbiWorkshop was looking for writers to help with the encyclopedia, but that doesn't mean they were just pulling in fans off the street to help write it. They were asking for writing sample submissions and chose the best ones from all that they got. These people were almost surely then briefed on new story elements that are coming this year so they could write whatever they needed to. And they likely signed Non-Disclosure Agreements so they can't talk about any new story info they know without big penalties. The encyclopedia did have a lead writer who was on staff at Ubisoft Montreal, I believe, so these freelance writers were likely just to help with the sheer volume of articles to write.

sup.RON
08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by MacDaddyMcC:
Im pretty sure there is no clear version of this picture until the release of Assasins Creed Revelations but He does have the same attire as Desmond does in AC Rev. Its going to be interesting if or when these two meet up!

speaking of which... who's this guy from the gameplay trailer?
http://i.imgur.com/dcAad.png

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
EDIT

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Its a more detail view of the person they modeled Desmond after.

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
EDIT

Mikatsuki95
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Oh wow I just posted what I'm about to say in a different topic. Its clearly Desmond. Same clothes, same hair style, and the face. Unless they built a second seat on the Animus so two guys can share I'm pretty sure its Desmond. He's just got some facial hair from not shaving for who knows how long.

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Looks like he has a backpack too. I could have sworn reading somewhere desmond wouldn't have one. Also I didn't see him have on in any of the "black room" trailer.

Mr_Shade
08-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks like he has a backpack too. I could have sworn reading somewhere desmond wouldn't have one. Also I didn't see him have on in any of the "black room" trailer. Looks like Desmond to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The 'backpack' is a over the shoulder courier bag?

Mikatsuki95
08-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Well my guess is this new image we have of him is taking place after the scenes we saw in the Desmod trailer. Like he has that bag after he gets out of the Animus. Which would make sense. We know he gets out in the end, he has too since AC3 is his story.

LightRey
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Looks like he has a backpack too. I could have sworn reading somewhere desmond wouldn't have one. Also I didn't see him have on in any of the "black room" trailer.
I'm pretty sure that's the same bag he was carrying in ACB.

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Well my guess is this new image we have of him is taking place after the scenes we saw in the Desmod trailer. Like he has that bag after he gets out of the Animus. Which would make sense. We know he gets out in the end, he has too since AC3 is his story.

I'll buy that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
08-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Since when do we know for sure that AC3 will be "his" story?

Mikatsuki95
08-17-2011, 11:10 AM
He'll be the main character. We can't spend the whole game in AC3 in the animus otherwise you can't save the world or find the temples. Member Shaun said in AC2 that he was learning Ezio's skills to be sent out to the field. So we definitely aren't gonna spend all of AC3 in the animus.

Btw, he does say "this is my story" in the AC2 and ACB. I'm just messing wit ya a little there tho Rey

Mr_Shade
08-17-2011, 11:10 AM
AC3 ? what's that?

Mikatsuki95
08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Okay maybe that won't be the 'exact' name but there will be another AC title.

LightRey
08-17-2011, 11:15 AM
He'll be the main character. We can't spend the whole game in AC3 in the animus otherwise you can't save the world or find the temples. Member Shaun said in AC2 that he was learning Ezio's skills to be sent out to the field. So we definitely aren't gonna spend all of AC3 in the animus.

Btw, he does say "this is my story" in the AC2 and ACB. I'm just messing wit ya a little there tho Rey
That doesn't mean the entire game will be about him, it just means that at the very least for certain parts of the game he'll be fighting/freerunning and discovering hidden vaults. I just doubt they'll completely dump the Animus in AC3 and they said they were officially closing the book on both Ezio and AltaÔr in ACR.

Mikatsuki95
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes and I agree with you. My point is as you said, Desmond will take a more active role in the modern world. If the animus is still going to be used then either he'll use a new ancestor or somebody else will be using it.

Mr_Shade
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Okay maybe that won't be the 'exact' name but there will be another AC title. I meant nothing has been announced - so I wouldn't assume too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Okay maybe that won't be the 'exact' name but there will be another AC title. I meant nothing has been announced - so I wouldn't assume too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but for some reason I have this feeling that ACR isn't going to be the last game in the series... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Cercatrova
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Okay maybe that won't be the 'exact' name but there will be another AC title. I meant nothing has been announced - so I wouldn't assume too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that an admission that AC3 is nearing the end of it's development cycle? release in Feb. 2012?

Mr_Shade
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Cercatrova:

Is that an admission that AC3 is nearing the end of it's development cycle? release in Feb. 2012? No..

It's nothing but myself saying that no such game has been announced.

lol?

I'm sorry for laughing - but people need to stop jumping on everything as an 'official' statement about a game which is not even announced..

zerocooll21
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I doubt they would announce it until after ACR. I also doubt they would release after dec 21, 2012.

Iskander_Estel
08-18-2011, 05:56 AM
they have to release AC3 sometime next year, or end it here with Revelations wich I doubt. Revelations don't look like an "epic ending" for the franchise or the Desmond story.

roostersrule2
08-18-2011, 07:47 AM
desmond will live onto AC3 its unofficially been announced in a couple of videos where alex amancio says desmond will be in AC3 with a new assassin as each numbered entry in the series brings a new assassin

Poodle_of_Doom
08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
desmond will live onto AC3 its unofficially been announced in a couple of videos where alex amancio says desmond will be in AC3 with a new assassin as each numbered entry in the series brings a new assassin

I couldn't begin to suggest that it's been titled, coded, tested or anything like that. If I remember correctly though, Ubi said they have enough to continue making games for a long time, and that they plan to release one every year in November until the main story line is complete.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

I couldn't begin to suggest that it's been titled, coded, tested or anything like that. If I remember correctly though, Ubi said they have enough to continue making games for a long time, and that they plan to release one every year in November until the main story line is complete. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be so awesome.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-18-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in game informer,... but can't be sure...

LightRey
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in game informer,... but can't be sure...
Well, I'm hoping it's true. I would absolutely love playing a new AC game each year. Especially since it's one of the few ongoing Scifi game/tv series that I like.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the movie they were thinking about producing?