PDA

View Full Version : Wow weird ghost ships

Liddabit
07-14-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm on my 7th patrol of a new career now in november of 1940. Several sightings of ships I've made on this patrol have been visual only. When I quickly dive to avoid detection.. I've noticed I've been unable to hear them. Closer inspection and timing shows.. they are moving really slowly.. with no propulsion active...just coasting along! Their slowing speed is also making it very hard to put a torpedo into them accurately.

There have also been no convoys sighted for a week now in a place there should be a great many of htem.. I have to wonder if I am really buged and the convoys out there are stationary or just barely coasting. Should I head back to port and set out again on a new patrol and hope the ghost crews have moved on :P?

Liddabit
07-14-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm on my 7th patrol of a new career now in november of 1940. Several sightings of ships I've made on this patrol have been visual only. When I quickly dive to avoid detection.. I've noticed I've been unable to hear them. Closer inspection and timing shows.. they are moving really slowly.. with no propulsion active...just coasting along! Their slowing speed is also making it very hard to put a torpedo into them accurately.

There have also been no convoys sighted for a week now in a place there should be a great many of htem.. I have to wonder if I am really buged and the convoys out there are stationary or just barely coasting. Should I head back to port and set out again on a new patrol and hope the ghost crews have moved on :P?

Celeon999
07-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Yep, i know them.

Ive encountered them quite often, must be some sort of bug in some mod or something.

I once encountered a pair of such Ghost C-3's and one of them was unsinkable. 11 Torpedoes .....no effect.

gsc67
07-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Capt. Masters is back at work again I see ! Spooooky !

Karl_Donitz_Jr
07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I have come across a few of those ships in GWX, but they have all been schooners and other sail ships.

Liddabit
07-14-2007, 06:01 PM
For me it was C-3s, c-2s a coastal merchant and 2 tribal destroyers. The tribal was unsinkable, I had quite the battle with it. 2 torpedos and 40 deck gun shells into her and she was listing to the side very very badly but refused to go down :P

oh and I've still been too lazy to reinstall GWX, going to for my next career. So far not really modded except for using SH3 commander and one of fubar's sub skins.

switchman72
07-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Liddabit, you are MISSING OUT!! BDU orders you to install GWX-1.3 this instant young lady!!LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif