PDA

View Full Version : SBD crashes game?

TheOtherBloke
01-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Anyone else having this problem? The first time i used the SBD in multiplayer i cant see it untill i switch to the 3rd person view, and then nothing works. I pressed escape and the menu comes up but when i click the buttons they pop in and dont work. It happens with both versions of the SBD and 1 other plane (i think its the japanese boat plane). Someone i know is having the same problem, only it worked for him before, but doesnt work any longer. I tried uninstalling FB+AEP+PF completely, and then reinstalling it, and there is no difference. Its really getting on my nerves cos the SBD is one of the things i was looking forward to flying in the game.

any help appreciated

TheOtherBloke
01-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Anyone else having this problem? The first time i used the SBD in multiplayer i cant see it untill i switch to the 3rd person view, and then nothing works. I pressed escape and the menu comes up but when i click the buttons they pop in and dont work. It happens with both versions of the SBD and 1 other plane (i think its the japanese boat plane). Someone i know is having the same problem, only it worked for him before, but doesnt work any longer. I tried uninstalling FB+AEP+PF completely, and then reinstalling it, and there is no difference. Its really getting on my nerves cos the SBD is one of the things i was looking forward to flying in the game.

any help appreciated

VW-IceFire
01-18-2005, 08:13 AM
This problem seems to arise when a patch is not installed properly. I'd try reapplying the last patch (or the last two if you have to).

Latico
01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
You may ahve to DL a fresh patch. Had this happen to me with one of the patches. Apparently a file was corrupted during the DL and it messed the install up.

I Dl'ed the patch again and re-installed. Worked fine after that.

Tully__
01-18-2005, 12:20 PM
If you used the step by step patches and miss one, or get a corrupted download, the SBD and one of the Japanese planes have no cockpit. Repatch with the large (102MB) 3.03 patch (and the 3.04 if you're patched to that already) and it should fix it.