PDA

View Full Version : I need more rulers!

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi. I love this game but there is one thing that makes me mad.

Im playing in full realism mode and i realy need some kind of ruler to messure the angle. I mean when the sonarman reports me a bearing i want to draw a line in that direction. Please give us some kind of protractor.

ejot
03-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I second that!

Scopehead
03-19-2005, 08:56 AM
YES!!!! same for me

Flow835
03-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Yep a tool to measure and draw angles would be very welcome. It also makes it easier to plot contacts and when you play with 100% realisem and no god eye view of the map.

I find it odd that the devs didn't include this from the begining, its such a flaw that it must havde been very hard to forget. It was the first thing i noticed when i came to the map and played around with the drawing tools.

finchOU
03-19-2005, 10:16 AM
ditto! a must fix!

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 10:22 AM
It would be rather a simple matter for the ruler and compass tools to "pop up" two degrees, heading and current bearing when you start making them. But yeah, a protractor is very sorely needed of some sort.

Sure we can use right triangles and a pocket calculator to input angles on the map, but ouch.

Copyoffline
03-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Hehe there is also nothing to make a right angle :-(

Well ive just figured that the tool for circles is called compass. I assume it is ment not just to draw the radius but the angle too, maybe its just bugged...

rdtwendt
03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
We desperately need a protractor to mark angles and bearing lines in the navigation map. Making the switch from hard to realistic realism settings really requires that you be able to mark a contact's bearing.

I really hope they add this soon!

http://www.thursdaysclassroom.com/13oct00/images/protractor_med.gif